Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That's a poor Ajax side if ever I seen one.
    The 2 players that disappointed me most both get on the scoresheet :)
    Hope Tony V ain't too seriously injured,he would be a massive loss with the form he's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

cambo2008 wrote: »
    That's a poor Ajax side if ever I seen one.
    The 2 players that disappointed me most both get on the scoresheet :)
    Hope Tony V ain't too seriously injured,he would be a massive loss with the form he's in.

Massive loss is an understatement.

If he's out for any stretch, United won't win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently Valencia has injured his hamstring and could be out for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

J. Marston wrote: »
    Apparently Valencia has injured his hamstring and could be out for a few weeks.

"Could be out for four weeks" according to Fergie. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote:

Young wincast anyone?

Get in there my son

Valencia injury is ridiculous. So inlucky with them, the form he is in

Des wrote: »
    Massive loss is an understatement.

If he's out for any stretch, United won't win the league.
    Hopefully Young can get his act together and Nani on the right can be just as effective if not as consistent.
    Still a massive loss :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

The next 4 games are

Norwich away
    Spurs away
    Westbrom home
    wolves away

He will be missed v spurs but the rest are winnable without him, Nani needs to get the finger out. He does offer a goal threat that Val doesnt though, Rooney could suffer too in his absense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

kryogen wrote: »

I know, its unpossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Another injury??! What a joke.

We've done brilliant considering all the problems we've had.
    Decent enough performance tonight, hopefully give a few of the senior lads a break next week so they'll be ready for the league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dunno why Valencia was subbed on anyway :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Apparently United's kit for the 2012/13 season. A tartan design to honor Sir Alex's 25 years at the club

manukit_crop_340x234.jpg?1329329813

Dunno what I think about them. Looks a bit table clothy?

Link http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1067317-nikes-new-fc-barcelona-arsenal-and-manchester-united-kits-for-2012-13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Apparently United's kit for the 2012/13 season. A tartan design to honor Sir Alex's 25 years at the club

Link http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1067317-nikes-new-fc-barcelona-arsenal-and-manchester-united-kits-for-2012-13

Holy Mary no

Jesus Christ no

God nooooooooooooooo

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Will there be matching baseball caps to go with them?

I don't mind them too much, would have to see them in person to I've a proper opinion though. Would love if Adidas made our shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Will there be matching baseball caps to go with them?
    For a second I was like WTF are you on about...then it dawned on me...Burberry!

I don't mind those kits at all :)
    But then why would I mind when I owned this fetching Greenock Morton number back in the day
    Morton%20home%203%201.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

being checking fixture dates for Europa league and if we make the QF then its due to be

played Thursday 5th April with QPR game at OT on Sat 7th then Wigan away Monday 9th

would the EL game be moved to a Tue/Wed or the PL games be moved.

edit = just noticed were away to Blackburn on April 2nd.

is my fixture list correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I didn't think much of the current blue kit until I seen the lads playing in them, then I thought they weren't too bad. I'll have to wait before I make my full and proper judgement. Although I wish they just went back to the old one new kit ever 2 seasons format...

After talk of Tosic in here yesterday I see he scored today....just thought I'd throw it out there!

• Advertisement

Fuhrer wrote: »
    I know, its unpossible

Damn mobile phone is out to get me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭TheLynx

De Gea did good tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kilts instead of shorts too?:D

At least it's different to the usual out of the catalogue stuff most clubs have these days I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Do people think Cleverley could have a part to play in the Euros if he stays fit and continues to play like he did at the start of the season. Refreshing watching him and Fabio tonight. Nice write up about him below. Really hope he is as good as he has looked so far this season its exciting.

Manchester United's Tom Cleverley gives glimpses of his special touch

Midfielder's comeback is perfectly timed for the business end of the season and makes a great alternative to Paul Scholes

England can forget about Paul Scholes, as Sir Alex Ferguson made plain with undisguised Scottish disdain before Manchester United's entry into the strange land of the Europa League, but it will not be long before they call for another precision midfielder who has reappeared at an opportune moment in the champions' season. Tom Cleverley was eased back against Ajax and even in a low-key return he showed why he has attracted more tributes than appearances for United.

The first-leg meeting with Frank de Boer's pragmatic Ajax will not register in the annals at Old Trafford other than for the night Cleverely made his European debut for the club at the age of 22. For a United player of such promise it has been a long time coming, a reflection of the level Ferguson's teams had been operating at in Europe prior to this season but also the injury problems that have curtailed Cleverley's progress and saw him given only 60 minutes against the Dutch club.

This was only the midfielder's eighth appearance in a United shirt in a season that was interrupted for six weeks after a foot injury sustained in a challenge with Kevin Davies at Bolton and then, two matches into his comeback, another four months after suffering ankle ligament damage at Everton. His previous seven outings had also resulted in a United victory, notably that 8-2 destruction of Arsenal and his display against Manchester City in the Community Shield when, for the undoubted promise on show, predictions of the new Scholes or the cheaper alternative to Wesley Sneijder always seemed a little premature.

The game reflected the status of European football's long, winding and overblown second competition rather than that of the two opponents but there were occasional glimpses from Cleverely of the energy and accuracy he brings to the United midfield. A direct confrontation with Ajax's coveted young Dane, Christian Eriksen, a player linked with Old Trafford, offered the glimpse of a potential midfield of the future. That never materialised as caution consumed the two sides.

Twice Cleverley demonstrated vision worthy of Scholes. In the first half he demanded a ball inside from Michael Carrick and instantly swept a superb pass for Wayne Rooney in space down the right. In the second, as Ajax cleared a United free-kick, he picked out Javier Hernández inside a crowded penalty area with a precise volley. Both opportunities were squandered by United and it did not help Cleverley to find so many of his outlets – Nani, Hernández and Ashley Young, irrespective of their goals – enduring nights when a good first touch was often beyond them.

United's young players require European experience as the team's feeble exit from the Champions League in Basel, and the analysis from Roy Keane that so irked Ferguson, underlined. Injury absolved Cleverley from any culpability for the Champions League campaign and here he showed the pace and movement to support the United attack as Scholes once did but no one could in their absence in Switzerland.

To the United manager, who recently salivated at the prospect of his midfield being improved by two players at opposite ends of the age scale, Cleverely's comeback is perfectly timed for the business end of the season and allows him an alternative to playing Scholes for 90 minutes, regardless of how exemplary those 90 minutes were against Liverpool on Saturday. "It will be great to get the boy back because I think he's special," said Ferguson as Cleverley completed his latest rehabilitation. "He will be desperate to play with Scholes. We have a great collection of midfield players."

The master replaced the apprentice in Amsterdam and the expectation upon Cleverley is immense. As Eric Harrison, the former United youth coach synonymous with the best of the club's production line, said: "Tom for me is, without question, so good that he is the best young player at United since Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham came on to the scene."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Andy Cole didn't last long on my twitter! #shytetalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very unusual suituation at manchester airport tonight with both sets of manchester teams and fans arriving in on charter flights through the night...
    hopefully it passes off without any trouble, would assume the teams wont cross path with the fans, but cant remember ever both teams playing on the same night away from home before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

kryogen wrote: »

He has been our best player for the last few weeks imo. The usual oul United injury jinx strikes again, what's new I suppose.

very unusual suituation at manchester airport tonight with both sets of manchester teams and fans arriving in on charter flights through the night...
    hopefully it passes off without any trouble, would assume the teams wont cross path with the fans, but cant remember ever both teams playing on the same night away from home before.
    Well I'd imagine the United team would have landed hours before City, and some fans as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Please god it passes like four prunes after ten pints of Guiness, please god.

It is really weird actually, they normally get scheduled for opposite home and away ties dont they, well obviously this situation hasnt really happened that much, but you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Please god it passes like four prunes after ten pints of Guiness, please god.

rake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

AlzwUicCIAA0NWi.png:large

Valencia on twitter:
    Thank you very much for the support they give me, I hope to return soon to the court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

IvySlayer wrote: »

God I hate Piers Morgan!!!

IvySlayer wrote: »

Very nicely done by GL though you would have to admit :)

Yeah, and Lineker got him on something else last week! Owen got him last night with the trophies pic! Morgan should just give up, they make a show of him!

Piers Morgan, you will all be glad to know, might be getting recalled to the Leveson inquiry soon. After Heather Mills testified last week that she did not let him listen to her voice mails and doesn't know how he had access to them. Ya should be keeping the oul head down Piers.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yeah, and Lineker got him on something else last week! Owen got him last night with the trophies pic! Morgan should just give up, they make a show of him!

They make a show of him but it keeps him in the spotlight somewhat which is all that matters for him.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Do people think Cleverley could have a part to play in the Euros if he stays fit and continues to play like he did at the start of the season. Refreshing watching him and Fabio tonight. Nice write up about him below. Really hope he is as good as he has looked so far this season its exciting.

GUARDIAN ARTICLE

You should really credit the article when you just copy and paste if form the Guardian website!

• Advertisement

Piers Morgan, you will all be glad to know, might be getting recalled to the Leveson inquiry soon. After Heather Mills testified last week that she did not let him listen to her voice mails and doesn't know how he had access to them. Ya should be keeping the oul head down Piers.
    Tbh honest I couldn't give a sh1t about that thing! Let them have their moral outrage at what was going on....end of the day as wrong as breaking into their voice mails was nothing serious/bad came from it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nailz wrote: »
    I didn't think much of the current blue kit until I seen the lads playing in them, then I thought they weren't too bad. I'll have to wait before I make my full and proper judgement. Although I wish they just went back to the old one new kit ever 2 seasons format...

I like the current blue one. It's the first United jersey I've bought for the last few seasons. I find that it's easy enough to wear around as well.

Blasphemous and all as this may be to say but I don't particularly like wearing the red jersey outside of wearing it to training or a kick about. It really only goes with white shorts imo.

Tbh honest I couldn't give a sh1t about that thing! Let them have their moral outrage at what was going on....end of the day as wrong as breaking into their voice mails was nothing serious/bad came from it!

Same here, but if the shít starts flowing Morgan's way he might get knocked off his CNN perch.

Another fantastic save from DDG.

518653603.gif

I hate how Rio seemed to duck under it, throw yourself in front on it!

Great save though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It was a typical away performance, I would say it was good enough from our team considering we had few players who were short of match fitness.

Impressed with Fabio's defending. He made one mistake by giving away the ball near the box but apart from that he was very good.

Good to see Cleverley back in the team. He was bit rusty but he showed glimpses of what we have been missing from past 2-3 months.

Overall good enough game with Nani, Young, Jones, Cleverley getting few mins under the belt. Now we can play Pogba, Fryers in the home leg with likes of Petrucci coming on in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭inagoodway

i was very impressed by Ashley young in yesterdays game, i had been very critical of him the last few months but he definitely proved himself last night, also kudos to rooney and chicharito (sp?):)

inagoodway wrote: »
    i was very impressed by Ashley young in yesterdays game, i had been very critical of him the last few months but he definitely proved himself last night, also kudos to rooney and chicharito (sp?):)
    Young was terrible....and the goal just masks it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭inagoodway

Young was terrible....and the goal just masks it!

well if u said that last week i would have agreed and been his biggest critic, but the passion was there last night, he showed his man u colours last night, as far as i am concerned:) glory glory man utd....

inagoodway wrote: »
    well if u said that last week i would have agreed and been his biggest critic, but the passion was there last night, he showed his man u colours last night, as far as i am concerned:) glory glory man utd....

Most likely trolling.

What are you on?!:confused:

He was at nothing the whole game, kept falling over, crosses were non-existent...and blatantly dived two times looking for something from the ref...something he's done a lot this year!

If you think that performance last night showed passion I'd really have to wonder what game you were watching!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement