Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Keno 92 wrote: »
    That interview with Fergie was great. The hour flew by.

It's fantastic. Very relaxed and engaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Must listen to that tonight after college.

And happy birthday to our lovely Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

He has risen from the dead and he is jones!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

He has risen from the dead and he is jones!!

"Every team shall shake, every leg could break."
    "Cos Jesus Christ here comes Jones."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

see that Ronaldo has scored in the luzhnikhi stadium -

Not his first one there lads!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

alproctor wrote: »
    see that Ronaldo has scored in the luzhnikhi stadium -

Not his first one there lads!!!!! :pac:

Was a United reject who gifted it to him as well.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

For anyone interested Reserves drew 0-0 with Wigan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

If the clause is 7m then how can they flog him for megabucks?
    There will be a bidding war for him, guaranteed. Liverpool will probably be sniffing around, as will Arsenal. His career is seriously a ticking timebomb though pity, he's a really nice guy too.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing 15M of Livepool's money in Mike Ashleys back pocket :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

There will be a bidding war for him, guaranteed. Liverpool will probably be sniffing around, as will Arsenal. His career is seriously a ticking timebomb though pity, he's a really nice guy too.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing 15M of Livepool's money in Mike Ashleys back pocket :pac:

But in Football Manager every bid above the release clause is accepted :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing another 15M of Livepool's money in Mike Ashleys back pocket :pac:

FYP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How much did that Tosic waster cost United?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

J. Marston wrote: »
    www.google.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

EDIT: Actually I can't remember for sure :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

dont think he cost us anything, we more than made up his transfer fee when we sold him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You'd think after all of the years, Fergie's accent would have diluted a bit. Nope, I'm having a hard time listening to this interview!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You'd think after all of the years, Fergie's accent would have diluted a bit. Nope, I'm having a hard time listening to this interview!

Haha, I had the same problem, but only when he gets excited about something.

Fantastic interview though, thanks for posting it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

baz2009 wrote: »
    Duncan Edwards' anniversary today too.

Spotted this linked on Redissue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Some financial figures for the last six months of 2011 announced today.
    Manchester United's revenue increased to £175million in the last six months of 2011, the Barclays Premier League club announced today.

United, who are second in the table behind neighbours and bitter rivals Manchester City, released their financial report for the third quarter of 2011 today.

The figures showed that the club's total revenue at the end of 2011 stood at £175million, an increase of £18.5million on the figure of £156.5million, which United declared at the end of 2010.

The club have experienced increases in matchday revenue - up from £52.4million to £54.5million, media revenue - up from £53.7million to £60.9million, and commercial revenue, which has risen to £58.6million from £50.4million.

The club, who are taken over by the Glazer family in 2005, have a debt of £439million as of the end of last year, down from £508 million the previous year.

The reason behind the decrease in the club's debt is because United have bought back some of the bonds that were sold as part of a £500million refinancing exercise at the start of 2010.

United also reported today that total operating costs rose sharply from £96.9million to £110.8million.

Net player capital expenditure jumped from £11.7million £47.9million due to the summer signings of David de Gea, Ashley Young and Phil Jones and general capital expenditure rose by £10.4million, thanks partly due to the cost of refurbishment of the club's hospitality boxes at Old Trafford.

The figures show the Red Devils currently have a bank balance of £50.9million.

The club are expected to experience a decline in income over the next six months after dropping down to the Europa League from the Champions League.

The club, who are taken over by the Glazer family in 2005, have a debt of £439million as of the end of last year, down from £508 million the previous year.

Good to see a drop in the overall debt by £61 million or around 13.5%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

partly because another massive chunk of money the club brought in was used to buy back a portion of the bonds.

Since Ronaldo was sold we have had a net out going of 90million on players, spent 100million or so on bonds and 124million on interest repayments.

So effing depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Of course a good chunk of that debt is interest incurred on the debt but yeah at least it is something.

adox wrote: »
    Nah, more than enough up front as it is. If there is any funds available in the summer.......midfield midfield midfield!
    A case could be made for needing to strengthen the defense more at the moment. With Vidic and in particular Ferdinand becoming more and more injury prone and Evra seemingly losing his way it all depends on how much faith Ferguson has in a relatively young backline. I can see 1 defender coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

partly because another massive chunk of money the club brought in was used to buy back a portion of the bonds.

Since Ronaldo was sold we have had a net out going of 90million on players, spent 100million or so on bonds and 124million on interest repayments.

So effing depressing.

Its horrible, every time the financial figures come out it makes me sick to see how much is being spent by the Glazers to pay for the club while they take salaries and dividends. Not to mention the "loans" they have received from the club :(

The debt will be gone one day, and hopefully the glazers too, it is inevitable they will sell the club at some stage, the scary part is who may actually buy it in the future.

For all the anger I have toward the Glazers and how much I hate the situation the club is in, at least they don't seem to meddle in the on field side of the game, ala Abramovich for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Apparantly the bank balance has reduced from the reported £125M last year to £50M. Which is weird considering only £49M was spent on 3 players, and there were some sales that should have reduced the expenditure too (Brown, Gibson & O'Shea went for something like £7M along with a few youth players transfers). So suddenly the healthy war chest is looking only ok for the two midfielders we badly needed plus other reinforcements. I can defo see Fergie selling Berba now to bolster his funds.

The reduction in income from the CL should be partially offset by the wages saved on players leaving/ retiring last year even though Scholes came back. However United need the CL money more than ever now so i think another early exit next year will be a financial disaster for the club, despite claims that they don't actually budget reaching the last 32 it will still hit them hard. i also see United going on a very lucrative tour this summer and will probably play a part in some of the more presitigious pre season competitions. Its all about revenues now and trying to plug that shortfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fixture changes ( according to @stevebartram1 ;)

#MUFC fixture changes: QPR (H) Sun 8 Apr (1.30pm Sky); Wigan (A) Wed 11 Apr (7.45, not televised); Villa (H) Sun 15 Apr (4pm Sky). More...

#MUFC fixture changes, part two: Everton (H) Sun 22 Apr (12.30pm Sky); Manchester City (A) Mon 30 Apr (8pm Sky).
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/News-And-Blogs/2012/Feb/today-at-old-trafford-manchester-united-blog.aspx
    Confirmed here:-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

#MUFC fixture changes: QPR (H) Sun 8 Apr (1.30pm Sky); Wigan (A) Wed 11 Apr (7.45, not televised); Villa (H) Sun 15 Apr (4pm Sky). More...

#MUFC fixture changes, part two: Everton (H) Sun 22 Apr (12.30pm Sky); Manchester City (A) Mon 30 Apr (8pm Sky).
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/News-And-Blogs/2012/Feb/today-at-old-trafford-manchester-united-blog.aspx
    I f**king hate big games on Monday nights :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Would benficas Javier Garcia be good enough for united, he is actually the type of midfielder we need, hes a defensive holding midfielder with an eye for a pass like scholes,alonso and carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

One thing very notable with the Glazers, they have increased revenue growth fantastically.

..now, if we had no debt :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Pogba and Cleverley may both start tomorrow. Pogba is expected to start at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

United/City on a Monday night? Police/employers won't be happy.

DB21 wrote: »
    United/City on a Monday night? Police/employers won't be happy.

Potential Europa League Semi finals on the 26th mean there was not chance the game would be played on the Saturday (28th) and the Great Manchester Run or whatever it is called is on the 29th (around 10,000 runners + spectators and running routes to be policed) made the 29th a doubt. I'd say the police are happy enough with it on the Monday, better than the sunday from the perspective I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks Mitch.

Few plans scuppered on here Im sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rooney out tomorrow with a throat infection .

Rooney out tomorrow with a throat infection .

or another way of putting it is he rested for weekend;)

He wouldn't have started anyway. If we go up 1 or 2 by half time I wouldn't mind giving Keane 45 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Fixture changes ( according to @stevebartram1 )

Heading to the QPR game. Glad I didn't book flights yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Good chance both Pogba and Cleverley start tomorrow night which should make interesting viewing. Glimpse into the future perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Peter Bolton @PeterBolton3
    SAF: Paul Pogba will make his first start for #mufc. Berba is fit and ready. (And Berba will NOT be leaving in the summer!)

Good chance both Pogba and Cleverley start tomorrow night which should make interesting viewing. Glimpse into the future perhaps?

I would love to see it, but I don't think it is at all likely to be honest, I reckon Pogba will be on the bench again.

If they did both start, it would surely be in a 3 man midfield, possibly with Jones. My guess anyway.

Amos
    Rafael-Smalling-Evans-Fabio
    --Pogba-Jones-Cleverley
    Park----Hernandez--Welbecl

Be great time to play them anyway.

Cleverley needs the match fitness and Pogba needs to show more of his ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It's exciting being a united fan right now, I'm 110% okay with not winning anything this year, we're competing and are the on form team within the top4 with a jaded midfield, if we win something so be it, if not I see it as a break in period for, danny, DDG, jones and maybe smalling.

the likes of Fabio, jones, smalling rafael, injury free could be one hell of a defence in years to come, couple that with a midfield comprised of Cleverly + pogba and one more expierienced player that we could go to market for with valencia nani on the wings and rooney + wellbeck up front, I REALLY see that team dominating for years to come, on paper no other team in the premiership comes close not to mention the average age of that team + DDG is about what? 23?

stunning.

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Peter Bolton @PeterBolton3

wooo hooooooo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cant see Pogba starting in a 2 man midfield so I reckon it will be

Pogba
    Carrick----Clev

there will definitely be experience in the middle of the field, whether that comes from Carrick Scholes or Giggs there will not be a midfield of just Clev and Pog.

Just my view on it of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Rafael----Smalling --- Evans----Fabio

Jones

Cleverley---Pogba

Young
    Welbeck

Berbatov

Rafael----Smalling --- Evans----Fabio

Jones

Cleverley---Pogba

Young
    Welbeck

Berbatov

No chance imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

de Gea
    Rafael
    Smalling
    Jones
    Fabio
    Nani
    Pogba
    Cleverley----Young
    Berbatov

Hernandez

So effing depressing.

A planned partial flotation on the Singapore stock market has yet to take place. With Market volatility delaying it so far. The Gazers are apparently hoping to raise £600 million from this flotation. Now if these funds were to be directed toward reducing the debt and further club investment, that would be a good thing. But worryingly, this is probably unlikely to happen.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/aug/16/manchester-united-glazers-flotation-singapore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I would love to see it, but I don't think it is at all likely to be honest, I reckon Pogba will be on the bench again.

If they did both start, it would surely be in a 3 man midfield, possibly with Jones. My guess anyway.

Amos
    Rafael-Smalling-Evans-Fabio
    --Pogba-Jones-Cleverley
    Park----Hernandez--Welbecl

I'd love to see that. The average age of that team is something like 22 or 23 and Park would be the only player over 25 years old but there isn't really any leaders on that team so I doubt Fergie would go with it. Would be cool to see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

A planned partial flotation on the Singapore stock market has yet to take place. With Market volatility delaying it so far. The Gazers are apparently hoping to raise £600 million from this flotation. Now if these funds were to be directed toward reducing the debt and further club investment, that would be a good thing. But worryingly, this is probably unlikely to happen.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/aug/16/manchester-united-glazers-flotation-singapore

I think they want to reduce the debt due to the new rules coming next year regarding clubs finance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I see Cleverley and Pogba are starting tomorrow. That's nice.

• Advertisement

I see Cleverley and Pogba are starting tomorrow. That's nice.

i'll believe it when i see it! Will certainly be interesting to see what formation we play if both start, has to be a 3 man midfield imo - or Fergie will play Pogba on the right of midfield (which isn't his position but he has played there for the reserves on a number of occasions).

Still very uneasy about blending him into the first team if he doesn't actually want to stay at the club - the contract situation is very annoying.

Hopefully he will score tomorrow and his celebration will involve pulling the contract out of his sock and signing it on the pitch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement