Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It seems to be the attitude of trying to win while doing as little as possible.

Some of the players are a little too comfortable in their positions also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If there's one thing you can't really fault Young on it's his crossing, when he gets on his right foot around the edges of the box you're pretty confident he's gonna deliver a killer ball!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kryogen wrote: »
    It seems to be the attitude of trying to win while doing as little as possible.

Some of the players are a little too comfortable in their positions also.

Thinking about it again, Norwich were actually very good for most of the game and they are 8th in the table.

We definitely did take the foot off the pedal which was unacceptable. But that sustained pressure at the end, I think it had as much to do with Norwich absolutely ****ting themselves as it did United starting to try again.

Norwich actually imploded at the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The way De Gea commanded his area reminded me of only one player, the way he caught the ball diving full stretch was damn good. Even his punching improved. He is improving a lot and very quickly. MOTM performances against Stoke, Liverpool, Norwich all away games.

On the game, when we attacked we opened up the defense on will, but shame we sat back so deep and invited them to attack. We nearly paid for it. Even in the last 5 mins we created around 3-4 good goal scoring chances. Wish we never sat back and have a go to get as many as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

our best result of the season, no question.

f*cking delighted and de gea was class again today. since his anfield nightmare, he has been magnificent.

job done and a hugely difficult game out of the way. the response of champions. once the game was level, we were absolutely brilliant, we created 4 excellent chances.

thats not down to luck, thats down to sheer character and class. i hope giggs and scholes (though he was at fault for their goal in my opinion) never retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Spurs & City will punish us if we keep sitting back like this and inviting players to attack.

Norwich play a lovely style of football,move the ball around and not just hoofing balls into the box.

Welbeck was very frustrating to watch today. Lot of work for him to improve.

Ashley Young should be doing a lot more of them balls into the danger zone. Great game by the keeper today.He must be growing in confidence today.Was good to see him shout some orders at the back four as well.

That stupid team selection against Blackburn ****ty Rovers!! We could be top!!

one thing that ive noticed now is welbeck has 3 times in 3 games (liverpool in cup, arsenal (a) and norwich (a) ) tried to flick the ball over the keeper when through one on one. granted all 3 have been cleared off the line, but that means he is not clinical enough.

he should take them down and then put his f*cking laces through them once under control, not try the flick. luckily it didnt cost us todya, but it did against liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Giggsy scoring the winner.:):):)

article-2106704-11EBC2E6000005DC-75_634x389.jpg

Needed that win today,but why oh why do we make such hard work of games like these.After a good start,the tempo dropped and we sat back.This type of play put us out of the CL.
    Still happy though that we are in touching distance of City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

There is a rumour that Valencia could be back next week? He would be class to have against Spurs galloping up the wing

horse-beach.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

he should take them down and then put his f*cking laces through them once under control, not try the flick. luckily it didnt cost us todya, but it did against liverpool.
    His execution of that is pretty poor although I don't think it fell kindly enough for him to blast it today.
    The dink was the logical choice but it was a very tame effort.

Taking into account the header and the chance that fell at his feet from 6 yards out,he had a really poor game on front of goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

zerks wrote: »
    Giggsy scoring the winner.:):):)

article-2106704-11EBC2E6000005DC-75_634x389.jpg

Needed that win today,but why oh why do we make such hard work of games like these.After a good start,the tempo dropped and we sat back.This type of play put us out of the CL.
    Still happy though that we are in touching distance of City.
    Was a cool finish and luckily enough it was Giggs it fell to.
    At that stage of the game and the importance of a goal there's nobody else you would like it to fall to more than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Ata boy Giggs :)

525773656.jpg?key=1300768&Expires=1330275214&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=BWMYu6fqXEE8fFDpmMaMOOiTkD7TiIqPpmCiAqH2uZrGCfo4VVeyQBsgeg6s7~4f5h4okj6bAmHGw80ZmHQuQQFdT4~VTwDyQ1DKrunAMzmIlkkHJlGu1Vr988AqsJ1zkoMOMQ~iaEExG2yulPE08EyUfnywZFCp2anmc8LgF8o_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

-

Only saw the second half as I was away for the weekend.

My critique of that half: Get the **** in!!!!!!!!!!!

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Ata boy Giggs :)

525773656.jpg?key=1300768&Expires=1330275214&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=BWMYu6fqXEE8fFDpmMaMOOiTkD7TiIqPpmCiAqH2uZrGCfo4VVeyQBsgeg6s7~4f5h4okj6bAmHGw80ZmHQuQQFdT4~VTwDyQ1DKrunAMzmIlkkHJlGu1Vr988AqsJ1zkoMOMQ~iaEExG2yulPE08EyUfnywZFCp2anmc8LgF8o_

just on that, on thursday at old trafford i counted the trophies on the banner at old trafford all across the stretford end, there was 37 there. giggs has 33.

so he didnt get the fa cup in 1990, the ewc in 91, but that means he is missing 2 medals. 2 charity shields perhaps?

regardless, as fergie said in his interview after the game....

"amazing player, amazing man".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    There is a rumour that Valencia could be back next week? He would be class to have against Spurs galloping up the wing

horse-beach.jpg

Racist lol

forgot to mention, yet another goal which came directly from not defending an aerial ball. practically exactly the same goal as djemba ba v newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Delighted that De Gea has gotten a sustained run, and is showing what he can do because of it. So many people have criticised him when he was in and out of games, which was complete nonsence.

Lets hope that when Lindegaard gets back there will be no more of that rotation bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

just on that, on thursday at old trafford i counted the trophies on the banner at old trafford all across the stretford end, there was 37 there. giggs has 33.

so he didnt get the fa cup in 1990, the ewc in 91, but that means he is missing 2 medals. 2 charity shields perhaps?

regardless, as fergie said in his interview after the game....

"amazing player, amazing man".

Looks like this year charity shield v City & the 1990 charity shield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

All these years later and Giggs is still doing the business. As SAF rightly said, he'll never be equalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Love the celebration for the second!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

some cross by young for the 2nd goal

n32 wrote: »

Nice goal link.

In a pub watching the cup final and all the Liverpool lads are celebrating wining the carling cup like they just beat barca in the final of the champions league. It's quite entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    In a pub watching the cup final and all the Liverpool lads are celebrating wining the carling cup like they just beat barca in the final of the champions league. It's quite entertaining!

havent won a trophy in years. cant blame em really

havent won a trophy in years. cant blame em really

Ah I know. It's cute :)

Ah I know. It's cute :)

I actually didnt mean it in a patronising way. Also, to win on penalties takes more emotional investment so you kind of understand more wild celebrations. Meh.

I actually didnt mean it in a patronising way. Also, to win on penalties takes more emotional investment so you kind of understand more wild celebrations. Meh.

Sorry I was trying to be patronizing cos I had to sit in the same pub last year and be abused by these ****ers. One of them who bought a barca jersey just for the final.

Sorry I was trying to be patronizing cos I had to sit in the same pub last year and be abused by these ****ers. One of them who bought a barca jersey just for the final.

I had all that **** too. We will concentrate on winning leagues :)

• Advertisement

Utd thread is Utd thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

God I am still delighted after the result today.

It's games like the one today that could turn out to be huge coem end of season.

No team, and I mean no team in world has the self belief to win games from situations that look dead.

Glory Glory Man United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Liverpool could have won 20 Carling cups today but it still wouldn't wipe the grim off my face after snatching the three points like we did earlier.

The united site has a couple of nice giggs 900 games wallpapers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Here's the thing about today; we were missing our two best players, didn't play great and left it to the death. But we still f**king won. If we can get in form now, and keep the gap on City to less than 3 points until we play them, we have a great possibility to win the league.

That said, there are several players who need a swift kick up the arse. Between this and Ajax, I have never seen so much complacency. We are United. We shouldn't have players strolling around the pitch. It nearly, and in some cases it did, cost us other big matches. These players need to realise that we have not got a God given right to trophies. Other teams know there is some vulnerability now. In previous years, an earier in this season even, 1 goal was just the start. Now we get it and sit back. Not f**king good enough.Teams will come at us with the belief we are there for the taking. This has to stop. 1 goal should be an incentive, not a celebration.

The whole league is waiting for someone to end 20 years of dominance. Lets keep them waiting.

Here's the thing about today; we were missing our two best players, didn't play great and left it to the death. But we still f**king won. If we can get in form now, and keep the gap on City to less than 3 points until we play them, we have a great possibility to win the league.

That said, there are several players who need a swift kick up the arse. Between this and Ajax, I have never seen so much complacency. We are United. We shouldn't have players strolling around the pitch. It nearly, and in some cases it did, cost us other big matches. These players need to realise that we have not got a God given right to trophies. Other teams know there is some vulnerability now. In previous years, an earier in this season even, 1 goal was just the start. Now we get it and sit back. Not f**king good enough.Teams will come at us with the belief we are there for the taking. This has to stop. 1 goal should be an incentive, not a celebration.

The whole league is waiting for someone to end 20 years of dominance. Lets keep them waiting.

Apologies for the double posts btw. Posting primarily from the PS3 for now.

Mars Bar wrote: »

The united site has a couple of nice giggs 900 games wallpapers...

heres two of them..

194322.jpg

194323.jpg

They are class

heres two of them..
    Giggs pics

Just set that second one as my Liverpool supporting step-dad's wallpaper on his laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Since its Norwich away today thought I'd stick up my outstanding memory of this fixture. Even though almost 20 years ago there is Giggs doing his bit :)

How prescient was this post!?????????

Giggs <3

• Advertisement

DB21 wrote: »
    Apologies for the double posts btw

So good, you had to say it twice. :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

How would you know what celebrations after beating barcelona in champions league final look like?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

poolboy wrote: »

How would you know what celebrations after beating barcelona in champions league final look like?:confused:

Didnt you see it when Inter won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That second pic, Homer, was promptly set as my wallpaper soon after the game! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That celebration that he had with Ince brings back memories of me doing the same celebration with my friend anytime we scored goal. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

DB21 wrote: »

3 surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

G.K. wrote: »
    3 surely?

Uhhh Nani, Carrick and Jones were all playing??

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Rooney, Vidic, Valencia

poolboy wrote: »

Your right I apologise. Beating Cardiff city is comparable to beating the best club side I have ever seen or are likely to see!

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Rooney, Vidic, Valencia

I'd class Rooney and Vidic as far more vital than Valencia (no disrespect to Valencia, but Rooney and Vidic influence entire games).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement