Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

A friend of mine just listed the players that Ryan Giggs has played with at United. I was expecting a much higher figure than 141. An absolute legend of the game:

A
    Anderson, Ben Amos

B
    Phil Bardsley, Fabien Barthez, Russell Beardsmore, Bébé, David Beckham, David Bellion, Dimitar Berbatov, Henning Berg, Clayton Blackmore, Laurent Blanc, Jesper Blomqvist, Mark Bosnich, Wes Brown, Steve Bruce, Nicky Butt

C
    Fraizer Campbell, Eric Cantona, Michael Carrick, Chris Casper, Roy Carroll, Luke Chadwick, Michael Clegg, Tom Cleverley, Andy Cole, Larnell Cole, Terry Cooke, Jordi Cruyff, Nick Culkin, John Curtis

D
    Simon Davies, Fabio da Silva, Rafael da Silva, David De Gea, Ritchie De Laet, Mame Biram Diouf, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Bojan Djordjic, Mal Donaghy, Dion Dublin

E
    Chris Eagles, Richard Eckersley, Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra

F
    Rio Ferdinand, Darren Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, Diego Forlán, Quinton Fortune, Ben Foster, Ezekiel Fryers

G
    Darron Gibson, Keith Gillespie, Andy Goram, Jonathan Greening

H
    Owen Hargreaves, David Healy, Gabriel Heinze, Javier Hernández, Danny Higginbotham, Tim Howard, Mark Hughes

I
    Paul Ince, Denis Irwin

J
    Ronny Johnsen, Phil Jones

K
    Andrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Kleberson, Tomasz Kuszczak

L
    Henrik Larsson, Anders Lindegaard

M
    Pat McGibbon, Federico Macheda, Lee Martin (90s), Lee Martin (00s), Manucho, David May, Brian McClair, Liam Miller, Philip Mulryne

N
    Nani, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Erik Nevland

O
    Gabriel Obertan, John O'Kane, John O'Shea, Michael Owen

P
    Gary Pallister, Park Ji-sung, Paul Parker, Mike Phelan, Kevin Pilkington, Gerard Piqué, Karel Poborsky, Paul Pogba, Rodrigo Possebon, William Prunier, Danny Pugh

R
    Felipe Ricardo, Kieran Richardson, Mark Robins, Bryan Robson, Lee Roche, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Giuseppe Rossi

S
    Louis Saha, Peter Schmeichel, Lee Sharpe, Teddy Sheringham, Paul Scholes, Les Sealey, Alan Smith, Mikaël Silvestre, Danny Simpson, Chris Smalling, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jonathan Spector, Jaap Stam, Michael Stewart

T
    Massimo Taibi, Carlos Tevez, Zoran Tosic

V
    Antonio Valencia, Raimond van der Gouw, Nemanja Vidic Edwin van der Sar, Ruud van Nilstelrooy, Juan Sebastián Verón,

W
    Danny Wallace, Ronnie Wallwork, Gary Walsh, Neil Webb, Danny Welbeck, Ian Wilkinson, Mark Wilson

Y
    Dwight Yorke, Ashley Young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

We should sign Quaresma,Upson,Xavi and Zuiverloon just to complete the alphabet then move them on..........maybe hang on to Xavi,he ain't too bad.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Morecambe have completed the loan signing of Manchester United defender Sean McGinty.

The 18-year-old, who moved to Old Trafford from Charlton in summer 2009, has joined the Shrimps until March 31 with an option to further extend his stay.

McGinty is equally at home in the centre of defence or at full-back and was a member of United's victorious 2011 FA Youth Cup side.

This season the Republic of Ireland Under-19 international has progressed to become a regular in the Barclays Premier League champions' reserve set-up.

Boss Jim Bentley will have McGinty at his disposal if required for Tuesday night's npower League Two clash with Dagenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Does your mate write for the guardian by any chance :P :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Martin Atkinson is the ref for Sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Does anybody think Giggs will reach a 1000th game milestone for Utd?

He has 24 apps already this season and I expect him to make it over 30 easily. Last season he made 38 apps with 32 the season before and he doesn't seem to be slowing down. Creatively he made some sublime passes yesterday that Welbeck really should have finished and his cardio didn't look bad either. Probably our best player yesterday.

If he plays three more seasons at that consistency he would reach that incredible milestone.

Are there any bookmakers giving good odds on it yet? I would fancy that bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Does anybody think Giggs will reach a 1000th game milestone for Utd?

i would say no but then it is Giggsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

racso1975 wrote: »
    Morecambe have completed the loan signing of Manchester United defender Sean McGinty.

The 18-year-old, who moved to Old Trafford from Charlton in summer 2009, has joined the Shrimps until March 31 with an option to further extend his stay.

McGinty is equally at home in the centre of defence or at full-back and was a member of United's victorious 2011 FA Youth Cup side.

This season the Republic of Ireland Under-19 international has progressed to become a regular in the Barclays Premier League champions' reserve set-up.

Boss Jim Bentley will have McGinty at his disposal if required for Tuesday night's npower League Two clash with Dagenham.

At first I thought that was an option for a permanent deal and was a bit confused, but its a loan, should be good for the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if Giggs reaches 1,000 games, that's it, i'm taking up yoga and becoming a sex addict.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

QPR was about 90euro a few weeks ago also. some clubs offer their home fans tickets for 20euro for home games in fa cup, while charging full price then in the away end, as they know it would be full anyway.

i believe you cant charge away fans any more than the most expensive home ticket for the match day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

SlickRic wrote: »
    if Giggs reaches 1,000 games, that's it, i'm taking up yoga and becoming a sex addict.

I hope you don't have any brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Martin Atkinson is the ref for Sunday :(

f&cking hell. we dodged a bullet when he pulled out against arsenal, hopefully he gets a hamstring injury or something before sunday.

everytime he refs us, there is a problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

lol

Looked like a failed Sieg Heil salute to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Fucing hell!

I reckon Uefa (and the FA in terms of domestic games) should have a ruling in place where away fans are treated the same.

Either have a set 'away fan' price (more applicable in the PL) or have it that the two clubs must agree on a price for away fans and that price is paid by both sets of fans for both games. Domestically you could have, for example, a price of £35, maybe less, and that is the price of an away tickets for every match. In Europe you could have it that if Bilbao want to charge €92 per ticket, than that is what their own fans will be charged at Old Trafford. I reckon you would see clubs acting fairer if their own fans were getting punished by their money gouging too.

It isn't fair, imo, that a United fan (for example) has to pay more to see Fulham at Craven Cottage than a Stoke fan would. Whatever about there own team gouging them on prices, the opposition should not be allowed to do so imo.

I kno its dear for the away ticket but i have a good few days off work in March and might head over to the match. How would I go about getting a ticket for the game in Bilbao in with the away end of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If giggs reaches 1000 games I will eat my own head, really cant happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

kryogen wrote: »
    If giggs reaches 1000 games I will eat my own head, really cant happen!

Just saving this for about three years time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

kmart6 wrote: »
    So the whole Mickey Mouse Cup thing was started by Liverpool fans....kind of ironic when you look at their celebrations today!

Thursday night channel 5. Lets not pretend ye are any different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

poolboy wrote: »
    Thursday night channel 5. Lets not pretend ye are any different
    What? Not one United fan has celebrated being in the Europa League!

Now I know that's a reason for Liverpool to celebrate yesterday, one way of actually getting into Europe...difference for us is we'll qualify for the Champions League by doing well in the League!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Great, yet another Utd/Pool arguement.

The League Cup is the least important from the league, CL, FA Cup and league cup, but is still a trophy and it was not long ago Utd. players were celebrating winning it.

Every game you play you should want to win regardless of the importance of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Lads just saw on sky sports Macheda was charged by the FA for using a homophobic slur on twitter. Anyone know what he said and who it was aimed at?

Lads just saw on sky sports Macheda was charged by the FA for using a homophobic slur on twitter. Anyone know what he said and who it was aimed at?
    Well there's no incriminating English tweet there anymore...unless it's one if the Italian one's!

He has tweeted saying:
    I didn't mean it in the homophobic way...I just answer to someone that insult me, and I didn't want to say gay, buy guy! That's it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Someone posted it here 2 weeks ago, just after Ravel was charged with his comments.

AlsRqvsCEAAl1X4.png

Could try and blame auto-correct or English not being his first language ha!

If you had any clue at all you would realize that the specific region in Italy where Macheda is from, the term "little gay" is one of affection, reserved for only those who are held in the highest esteem by their peers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Or that he meant the other meaning of gay: "Sssssshhhhhhh you little stupid happy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Ask any Italian speaker, they will tell you that you little gay isnt considered offensive at all and is considered a title of respect and friendship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It's a disgrace that the FA could charge Macheda without a shred of hard evidence, it was simply one man's word against another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Love this picture.

404805_10150594879647746_7724542745_9471013_1172997232_n.jpg

Giggs' achievement is unbelievable in this day and age tbh.

Not exactly an ideal person off the pitch to say the least but on it. Proper legend.

I don't think it will ever be equaled, to play for a club of the stature of MUFC for over 20 years? and to be still so important in the squad? unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Not exactly an ideal person off the pitch to say the least but on it. Proper legend.

I don't think it will ever be equaled, to play for a club of the stature of MUFC for over 20 years? and to be still so important in the squad? unbelievable.

The only player that comes close to him in the modern game is Zanetti. It's amazing how the two of those are still playing at the highest level at their age when you consider the positions they've played in for most of their career.

We all need to show Federico that we support him and make sure he knows that we all feel he has been wronged.

e003af1b2aa7db370d117f867ad25f52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

#Justice4Kiko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Not exactly an ideal person off the pitch to say the least but on it.

Seriously though, who are we to judge who is an 'ideal' person or not? He has always been the model professional, behaving impeccably on the pitch. A wonderful role model for any kid starting out today. Since he is a footballer, the only behaviour I find relevant to judge him by, is what he does on the pitch and nowhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Not exactly an ideal person off the pitch to say the least but on it.

Seriously though, who are we to judge who is an 'ideal' person or not? He has always been the model professional, behaving impeccably on the pitch. A wonderful role model for any kid starting out today. Since he is a footballer, the only behaviour I find relevant to judge him by, is what he does on the pitch and nowhere else.

We see a footballer but kids see a superhero. That is where the problem lies. The fear is the behaviour of Terry, Giggs, Suarez, etc off the pitch will be judged as acceptable by kids because of who they are on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Suarez behaviour off the pitch?! :confused:

On the pitch you surely mean??

Shagging your brothers wife will ensure you are never going to be an "ideal" person, never mind any of his other incidents over the years. I don't wanna get into Giggs bashing here, but lets be honest and not try to say he is a a saint.

On the pitch, the only place I care about, the only place that actually concerns us as fans, he has been amazing, a model pro as you say, you cannot fault him for what he has achieved on the pitch. Off it is a different story, and the only reason it warrants mention is because he is a role model to so many.

It should be made clear that while he is a legend in footballing terms, there is a lot about how he lives his personal life that leaves a lot to be desired. As I said, this does not concern me, I am a grown man. But it shouldn't be air brushed out simply because he is a legend at the club. He has his faults, same as everyone has faults.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Wow....only took you 4 minutes to come back on that one, must be a record for a Liverpool fan in a United thread!

Mr Alan wrote: »

Yeah off the pitch, did you not see him push the guy in the wheelchair down the stairs? He also went to an orphanage and told them there was no Santa.

I heard one time he even kicked a blind puppy, just cause he could.

Seriously though, do you have a Suarez alert beeper that goes off anytime his name is mentioned!??

• Advertisement

Wow....only took you 4 minutes to come back on that one, must be a record for a Liverpool fan in a United thread!

Don't let the Liverpool fan cover story fool you, Alan is one of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yeah off the pitch, did you not see him push the guy in the wheelchair down the stairs? He also went to an orphanage and told them there was no Santa.

Seriously though, do you have a Suarez alert beeper that goes off anytime his name is mentioned!??

I think it was a fair comment, what has Suarez done off the pitch that is so bad to be compared with what terry and giggs did, but hey keep posting smart comments and avoid the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think it was a fair comment, what has Suarez done off the pitch that is so bad to be compared with what terry and giggs did, but hey keep posting smart comments and avoid the question.

Would rather someone getting laid than going round pulling hair,biting people and using highly offensive terms to people of certain race.......what is so offensive about Giggs and Terry getting laid????

I answered the question.

Pushed the guy down the stairs, kicked the puppy, the kids at the orphanage, its all there int he post little buddy!

My pager just went off.

Whatyou saying about Suarez ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

dahat wrote: »
    Would rather someone getting laid than going round pulling hair,biting people and using highly offensive terms to people of certain race.......what is so offensive about Giggs and Terry getting laid????

Yes but this happened on the pitch not off them, and if you think there is nothing wrong with going off with your brothers wife its very sad indeed.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    My pager just went off.

Whatyou saying about Suarez ?????

Ahh now, look before I get stuck doing this all morning, look back, see that it wasn't me who mentioned Suarez!

I have no real knowledge of anything bad he has done off the pitch, simply poking fun at Mr.Alan for being on the thread coincidentally at the time someone posted something that contained his name :)

I didn't say he is not a good role model off the pitch, I wouldn't consider him one on the pitch either, but thats a different story!

He has certainly not had the high profile off field crap that Terry or Giggs has had to my knowledge, maybe he has?

Why didn't he take a penalty the other day btw since we have you all here?

Yes but this happened on the pitch not off them, and if you think there is nothing wrong with going off with your brothers wife its very sad indeed.

The fact that they happened on the pitch does not excuse them, could in fact be considered worse since there are millions of eyes, young impressionable eyes, watching him do this stuff. This means he is not a good role model on the pitch so shouldn't even be brought up in the discussion tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

The fact that they happened on the pitch does not excuse them, could in fact be considered worse since there are millions of eyes, young impressionable eyes, watching him do this stuff. This means he is not a good role model on the pitch so shouldn't even be brought up in the discussion tbh.

a 5 year old wont really understand shagging his brother wife but he will understand biting an ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

[Why didn't he take a penalty the other day btw since we have you all here?
    I'm guessing because they wanted to win it and he's been woeful with his previous efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lol

i sense a gif, with this and charlie adam, is coming...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement