Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Just popped in this morning to catch up on all the latest. Why has this suddenly become the Liverpool thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Someone mentioned Suarez name, the pagers went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Just popped in this morning to catch up on all the latest. Why has this suddenly become the Liverpool thread?

Because Man U fans are rattled, they are obsessed. Liverpool's carling cup heroics has them quaking in their boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lol, didnt have to wait long.

that olly lad is a genius.

iuaFRmnGfF6yJ.gif

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Because Man U fans are rattled, they are obsessed. Liverpool's carling cup heroics has them quaking in their boots.

:pac:

But seriously, why all the Pool talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We're still waiting for "Next year" to arrive.

Seriously

kryogen wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Suarez name, the pagers went off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cos they won this.........

cup2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Love this picture.

Giggs Picture

Jaysus! Seriously? He looks like he's spying on women! It's a bit WTF, TBF.

Guess who christened it the "Mickey Mouse Cup":rolleyes: But now it's the bestest most important cup in the world ever and the launchpad for years of dominance in football.
    As I type,Messi,Ronaldo,Hazard,Goetze have put in transfer requests in a bid to join this revolution.

Back to reality.....mid table,game raising club win a minor trophy against a team from a lower division,meh.

• Advertisement

Jones doing the robot Sunday
    428616_10150594110922746_7724542745_9468144_1624973593_n.jpg

Giggs breast feeding
    423810_10150594112022746_7724542745_9468159_1952085715_n.jpg

And finally Giggs orgasam face
    419352_10150594110612746_7724542745_9468140_789024381_n.jpg

Theo Walcott doing ballboy in that Giggs pic looks happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

783811_o.gif

Jones' crazy arms celebration had me pissing myself, it was hilarious!

Y'all shook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

And finally Giggs orgasam face

hah, spot the zombie.

Found him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Bottom left? Looking away from the celebrations and being very pale? That fella :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

zerks wrote: »
    Guess who christened it the "Mickey Mouse Cup":rolleyes: But now it's the bestest most important cup in the world ever and the launchpad for years of dominance in football.
    As I type,Messi,Ronaldo,Hazard,Goetze have put in transfer requests in a bid to join this revolution.

Back to reality.....mid table,game raising club win a minor trophy against a team from a lower division,meh.

on penalties after a game of the standard of a championship playoff where their main signings from last season showed the level they are world beaters at (bar Henderson who couldn't beat eggs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Shagging your brothers wife will ensure you are never going to be an "ideal" person

I actually had totally forgotten about that, but then such matters genuinely don't concern me. I just have a good Firewall and subconsciously filter out the negative, non-football related, irrelevant shyte surrounding players.
    but lets be honest and not try to say he is a a saint.

Maybe others have, but I have never said nor suggested that he was ever a saint. I mean who is after all?
    On the pitch, the only place I care about, the only place that actually concerns us as fans, he has been amazing, a model pro as you say, you cannot fault him for what he has achieved on the pitch. Off it is a different story, and the only reason it warrants mention is because he is a role model to so many.

In years to come, I will remember Giggs for what he has done on the pitch and not his exploits off it. Like the way I remember Best for his genius on the pitch and not his excess drinking of it. Personally, I think young kids will try to emulate his skill and style on the pitch rather than copy his behaviour of it.

I would hope so too, and given that there were more kids growing up trying to emulate Best and his skills on the pitch rather then being a woman beating, cheating alcoholic, I'm inclined to agree with you.

I actually had totally forgotten about that, but then such matters genuinely don't concern me. I just have a good Firewall and subconsciously filter out the negative, non-football related, irrelevant shyte surrounding players.

Maybe others have, but I have never said nor suggested that he was ever a saint. I mean who is after all?

In years to come, I will remember Giggs for what he has done on the pitch and not his exploits off it. Like the way I remember Best for his genius on the pitch and not his excess drinking of it. Personally, I think young kids will try to emulate his skill and style on the pitch rather than copy his behaviour of it.

I think the kids from back in the day when he was the type of player to capture a childs imagination have all grown up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I would hope so too, and given that there were more kids growing up trying to emulate Best and his skills on the pitch rather then being a woman beating, cheating alcoholic, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Yep absolutely. People crying about footballers being role models are retarded. You should admire a footballer for his football ability nothing more. As a person Ryan Giggs is a reprehensible ***, nothing more nothing less. The guy has the morals of a tomcat. As a Manchester United footballer, there is simply no words to descirbe his career and contribution to United and to football in general. His professionalism and dedication to his craft should be the model for any young fella. Despite his off field issues they never once crossed the white line with him. Even that mental fortitude, to be able to turn off your personal problems should be in some skewed way an example to young players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

lads, is it going to be near impossible to get tickets for the city game ?

Pogba situation precarious.

Reports suggest he is set to agree a move to Italy.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7552791/Pogba-situation-precarious-

• Advertisement

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7552791/Pogba-situation-precarious-

There were rumours abounding last week of a move to Juventus, haven't clicked the link yet but assume its the same stuff?

I will again try to stay away from the speculation until there is something official from the club, himself or Fergie.

Christ on a bike, having read the link I see his agent is the same as Balotellis? That can not be a good thing.

It looks like agent talk, but now I know who his agent is I would be more inclined to believe he is on his way alright.

Even in the link it says the contracts talks are on going with the club, still a wait and see, nothing more we can do anyway sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Stinks of agent shiit stirring .

Some of em really are subhuman greedy gits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

5irr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Seriously though, do you have a Suarez alert beeper that goes off anytime his name is mentioned!??

Suarez & Rafa. Yes. Yes I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

on penalties after a game of the standard of a championship playoff where their main signings from last season showed the level they are world beaters at (bar Henderson who couldn't beat eggs)

Credit where it's due. Downing really took Cardiff's 46 year old full-back to the cleaners.

Anyway, been reading that Valencia could be back for Sunday. Hope it's true.

• Advertisement

Bit off topic lads, but where is Boggles these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

J. Marston wrote: »
    Credit where it's due. Downing really took Cardiff's 46 year old full-back to the cleaners.

thats my point - thats his level

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ok, I'll bite...
    J. Marston wrote: »

McNaughton, despite his misleading grey hair, is a sprightly 29 years of age.
    thats my point - thats his level

If that's his level (Championship) then why was he Villa's outstanding player last year? Why was he Middlesborough's outstanding player when they were in the Premiership and pushing for the Europa League? Why has he been capped 32 times for England?

Downing's form has been largely poor for Liverpool this season, but seriously to claim he is a Championship level player is a laughable opinion

I killed him.

He's buried in my garden.

Downing, capped 32 times for England, mystery to most, but then again they are not drowning in left sided midfielders are they!

How many caps does Phil Neville have do you think and he gets put down a hell of a lot.

Wouldnt use England caps to prove anything, Heskey?

Downing is a good winger, for whatever reason he hasnt settled yet at Liverpool, he isnt in the top 5 in the world or anything, but he is adequate, he used to be able to beat his man and put a decent cross in. For whatever reason, tactic, confidence, it hasnt worked at Liverpool. Might get better under the next manager.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I killed him.

He's buried in my garden.

That kinda makes me sad. So many more deserving candidates on the boards!

By all means, take Boggles away, but only after taking a few others first!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Downing, capped 32 times for England, mystery to most, but then again they are not drowning in left sided midfielders are they!

How many caps does Phil Neville have do you think and he gets put down a hell of a lot.

Wouldnt use England caps to prove anything, Heskey?

Downing is a good winger, for whatever reason he hasnt settled yet at Liverpool, he isnt in the top 5 in the world or anything, but he is adequate, he used to be able to beat his man and put a decent cross in. For whatever reason, tactic, confidence, it hasnt worked at Liverpool. Might get better under the next manager.

Jesus no way am I claiming that.

He's a decent winger, and would easily be a star for about 10-12 sides in the Premiership so all I was pointing out was that people claiming the Championship is his level were very wrong.

I agree his form hasn't been the best. I would put it down mostly to confidence and belief, as one of his main problems is that he hasn't actually been trying to beat his man and take him on for pace.

I will wait until the end of the season to judge him, because I feel he showed some glimpses of quality in his first few games as well as the last couple, but I would imagine we will still have to improve on the wing positions if we are to get back in the CL

You more than likely will, but in fairness, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't expect him to be getting much praise in the United thread or from United fans in general? It is football fan nature to put the opposition down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Get out of this thread Downing!

For whatever reason, tactic, confidence, it hasnt worked at Liverpool. Might get better under the next manager.

You wanna join Boggles?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I was reading that David Fox (Norwich) used to be at united. I don't remember him but it got me thinking about other former united academy players playing in the premier league for other clubs. At least 15 more players I could think of (that includes Brown, Neville, JOS though). Would that be typical for an academy or a high amount?

others were - Shawcross, Richardson, Gibson, Eagles, Campbell, Ebanks Blake, Bardsley, Simpson, Tate, Wilson, Jones. Higginbottom is on loan to Forest but a stoke player and I think Pilkington may have played for Uniteds academy at some point.

*This topic may not be that interesting but far more interesting than people talking about Liverpool in this thread.

Pretty sure its a high amount, coming through the ranks at United, even if you dont make it at the club, gives you a very good chance of having a good career elsewhere.

Excellent coaching at youth level.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Also the Championship has a healthy number of ex United Academy players.

I think Hull have 4 and two more on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I remember a report about it sometime last year. Basically only Real and Barca were ahead of United in terms of former academy players still playing within their league systems. United ahead of all other english clubs.

Of course I may have actually dreamt this.

Wasn't aware that the Madrid academy had such a high production rate considering the policies employed by successive boards/presidents/managers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Wasn't aware that the Madrid academy had such a high production rate considering the policies employed by successive boards/presidents/managers

You could be surprised how many pass through. For example Callejon played for Madrid B left the club and after a few years 'came home' when he had developed further. I'm sure that's just one of many stories of a player not progressing past the B team and going on to have a career in La Liga. Especially when you consider Madrid or Barca will have the pick of all young Spaniards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Oh yeah, Real have an outstanding youth academy. As you alluded to, the problem is that most don't get a fair shot at the first team! Although they do make a lot of money from it by selling them.

Granero, Mata, Soldado, Callejon, Negredo, Javi Garcia all came through the Real youth ranks recently and obviously they have produced the likes of Casillas, Raul, Guti and Arbeloa as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

who is not away for international duty this week? should give us an idea of who is fresh for sunday...we always seem to have difficult games after international breaks and always seem to drop points. id take a draw sunday though to be honest, but its a game we can win.

rio, park,carrick, giggs, scholes, carrick, rooney, berba all are not playing midweek anyway, cleverly then is injured.

what about the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

He bet his forum access on something (can't remember what) with another poster (can't remember who) and lost. We all learned not to make silly bets!

• Advertisement

Was that the bet with CHD, who I also don't ever see in these parts anymore?

I vaguely remember a prop bet between the two, don't actually remember what it was about though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement