Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Blatter wrote: »
    kryogen wrote: »
    It really makes no sense for Newcastle to write in such a low release clause on his contract. I mean, if he is a success, like he has been and becomes a potential hot property, he becomes a very affordable signing for 90% of the clubs out there with that kind of release clause!

Why write one in at all? AFAIK you dont have to in England, just makes no sense from a business perspective. If he is successful, he will be gone very cheap, if he isnt and you want to move him on, you can accept any transfer fee you wish anyway!

Yep, although we have to remember Ba was a free transfer and probably insisted upon the release clause himself. Even if it is less than £7m, Newcastle will still be making a tidy little profit on him.

I think it's highly likely he'll leave Newcastle this window if that is his release clause.
    Dont know how true it is but I recall someine in here stating the buy out clause was for CL clubs only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

killwill wrote: »
    Dont know how true it is but I recall someine in here stating the buy out clause was for CL clubs only.

I heard that, but I also heard 'clubs in Europe', which would make sense with Redknapp sniffing around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yep, although we have to remember Ba was a free transfer and probably insisted upon the release clause himself. Even if it is less than £7m, Newcastle will still be making a tidy little profit on him.

I think it's highly likely he'll leave Newcastle this window if that is his release clause.

He may have been a free transfer yeah, but surely the club would have insisted on a higher clause then that, I mean if Ba already had one eye on the door, why bother signing him? And with the rumours of his knees and the knowledge he had failed a medical already Im sure he didnt have an excessive amount of bargaining power tbh

It gives the club very little power over a transfer and they wont be able to pull someones pants down, as they did with Carroll, obviously it wouldnt be to that extent anyway but you get the point

If he fee really is that low then Newcastle have been very foolish and if Senegal go out of the competition early I suspect he could also be gone. Personally I think he should actually stay at Newcastle and see the season out, the offers will still be there in the summer if he can maintain his form, bigger ones even

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rumours of Andy Carroll going back to Newcastle, more than likely nonsense but with the Ba rumours.....

Rumours of Andy Carroll going back to Newcastle, more than likely nonsense but with the Ba rumours.....

I would do a whole lot of laughing at that if it happened, it wont of course

would be ludicrous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

After the stories about Morrison's contract negotiations breaking down in the Sun today wonder if this tweet by Rio has any connection
    @rioferdy5: Certain kids need their heads banging, they don't see what they got within reach, if only they FOCUSED 100%. Fix up, Make It Count."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Why does Rooney call Gary Neville "tea bag" on twitter? I must have missed that joke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

s_carnage wrote: »
    After the stories about Morrison's contract negotiations breaking down in the Sun today wonder if this tweet by Rio has any connection

One the few times he is bang on.

Why does Rooney call Gary Neville "tea bag" on twitter? I must have missed that joke...

In reference to Teabag in Prison Break

220px_Pb_bagwell.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

In reference to Teabag in Prison Break

220px_Pb_bagwell.jpg

LOL! What a character to be compared to...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Was just coming in to say I hope he ravels who he's talking about

Fletch is a legend, forget the footballing side of things, I just hope he makes a full recovery health wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

as regards to the ba thing , was there not rules about getting a player in for free and selling him within the season?
    as far as i know ba came in the summer for free, i could be wrong but does anyone know more on this ,
    if it is not the case what stops teams signing up every free player and then selling them in january

On the whole Morrison thing, if he is acting the dick he should just be shipped on, honestly, whoever he goes to it doesnt matter, if the stories of bad behaviour, still, and refusing to sign contracts without stupid demands, he will not make it as a pro in the game. If Fergie and the excellent coaching staff at United cannot cop him the **** on then who will?

He should be honoured to have a chance to play in the first team of one of the biggest clubs in world football, if he isnt, and tbh, from his history it doesnt exactly look like he is, then he should just be told to **** off. Go make it somewhere else, im happy to take that chance

He could well be the most talented footballer of his generation, but if his attitude stinks it counts for **** all. He wouldnt be a good influence in the dressing room, he wouldnt be a good role model to the younger guys (when hes older) and with the apparent mentality that he has, he will not be one to be counted on in the big games when the going gets tough

Put the contract on the table, tell him to buck up his personal ****, one last chance. Sign the contract or piss off. Its not like he is the best player to play for the club, or its not like we havent let great players go before.

If he is not the right fit for the club personality wise, he is no good to us and we may as well cut ties

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

cloptrop wrote: »
    as regards to the ba thing , was there not rules about getting a player in for free and selling him within the season?
    as far as i know ba came in the summer for free, i could be wrong but does anyone know more on this ,
    if it is not the case what stops teams signing up every free player and then selling them in january

Agent fee, signing on fee, Wages, game time to prove their worth.

Cant be registered for 3 clubs in a year, two is fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cant be registered for 3 clubs in a year, two is fine

You can be registered, but you can't play competitive games for more than two clubs per year (Loans are treated differently though as far as I know). I think it may even be based on a seasonal thing (ie. per season, not per calendar year).

Diarra played for Chelsea in the Community Shield.
    Signed for Arsenal before playing in the league for Chelsea.
    Signed for Portsmouth in the January transfer window.

You can be registered, but you can't play competitive games for more than two clubs per year (Loans are treated differently though as far as I know). I think it may even be based on a seasonal thing (ie. per season, not per calendar year).

jaysus that some fall from grace lol,
    this isnt the same fella that keeps getting mentioned here to bolster our midfield?
    if this is the case id recommend against it , he doesnt look to have passed the premier league test

• Advertisement

this isnt the same fella that keeps getting mentioned here to bolster our midfield?
    if this is the case id recommend against it , he doesnt look to have passed the premier league test

Lassana Diarra - he made those moves, yes - but he was awesome for Portsmouth in the Premier League, and earned himself a move to Real Madrid, where he has forced his way into a first team spot as often as not.

I do think he has a problem when he is not first choice - wasn't patient or willing to fight at Chelsea or Arsenal but his time at Madrid points to a change in attitude. Would be a very good signing for United imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Moved from Portsmouth to Real Madrid, he's handy enough in fairness

But sure he is only playing in a Madrid side that are second favourites to win the Champions League and a few points clear at the top of La Liga. Sure there's no way he could improve our midfield!!

Although in fairness he wouldn't be in my top 5 players to sign but would definitely do a good job for us there. Think I heard his contract is nearly up too.

But sure he is only playing in a Madrid side that are second favourites to win the Champions League and a few points clear at the top of La Liga. Sure there's no way he could improve our midfield!!

Although in fairness he wouldn't be in my top 5 players to sign but would definitely do a good job for us there. Think I heard his contract is nearly up too.
    some players are good in other places but not in england , only one i can think of off the top of my head is veron , oh and forlan could of been better , but ive had no breakfast yet , it happens all the time though , oh diarra

some players are good in other places but not in england , only one i can think of off the top of my head is veron , oh and forlan could of been better , but ive had no breakfast yet , it happens all the time though , oh diarra

Diarra was excellent, in England, for Portsmouth - one of the key players in the FA Cup win and generally excellent (relative to expectations) domestic form, while he was there.

Diarra was very good for Portsmouth, as has been said, it seems to have been an attitude thing, not willing to fight for his place, just wanting to be guaranteed football

But he was not first choice at Madrid and has fought his way back in more or less now so possibly change of attitude to fighting for a spot in the team?

who knows, personally i would have him in the squad no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Lassana Diarra would be an excellent signing. I don't know why Madrid would sell him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lassana Diarra would be an excellent signing. I don't know why Madrid would sell him though.

They're stocked up in midfield pretty well .

howmuch we talking for him , i have very little knowledge of spanish football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

howmuch we talking for him , i have very little knowledge of spanish football
    Really? Just spanish football?

pmsl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

You can be registered, but you can't play competitive games for more than two clubs per year

Is the community shield considered a competitive game? I.e. Red Cards don't count for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Red Cards don't count for the league.

yes they can. sure scholes and rooney got 3 games for the f*cking amsterdam shield.

cantona got suspended a few years back as did keane , after the CS.

yellows dont carry, but reds can, depending on the nature of the offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

yes they can. sure scholes and rooney got 3 games for the f*cking amsterdam shield.

Didn't Gerrard escape a ban for a red the previous year in the same Amsterdam tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

tumblr_lxhv2a0rtx1qbe5xoo1_500.gif

When Rio messed up that backpass and tried to pin the blame on Jones on Sunday, Phil wasn't having any of it!
    Telling a player who has captained United and England and is over a decade older than him to basically ''Piss off, that was your fault.'' shows he has a fairly strong character. Either that or he just doesn't like being blamed for other peoples cock-ups. Anyway, it was good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Owen will almost certainly leave in the Summer also.

He will, but he'll probably pull his hamstring walking out the door and miss his chance to leave.

Couldn't resist sorry.:D

On the whole Morrison thing, if he is acting the dick he should just be shipped on, honestly, whoever he goes to it doesnt matter, if the stories of bad behaviour, still, and refusing to sign contracts without stupid demands, he will not make it as a pro in the game. If Fergie and the excellent coaching staff at United cannot cop him the **** on then who will?

He should be honoured to have a chance to play in the first team of one of the biggest clubs in world football, if he isnt, and tbh, from his history it doesnt exactly look like he is, then he should just be told to **** off. Go make it somewhere else, im happy to take that chance

He could well be the most talented footballer of his generation, but if his attitude stinks it counts for **** all. He wouldnt be a good influence in the dressing room, he wouldnt be a good role model to the younger guys (when hes older) and with the apparent mentality that he has, he will not be one to be counted on in the big games when the going gets tough

Put the contract on the table, tell him to buck up his personal ****, one last chance. Sign the contract or piss off. Its not like he is the best player to play for the club, or its not like we havent let great players go before.

If he is not the right fit for the club personality wise, he is no good to us and we may as well cut ties

A nail on the head post right there. So here's a kid who is unproven in the PL and who hasn't staked a place in the first team. Indeed he can't even make the subs bench and yet he has such a high opinion of himself. If these stories are true, then he's just the type of fúckwit United can do without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Morrisson for me, really must be one of the best footballers Fergie has ever seen, for him to put up with this much crap. As such, I'm still willing to give him a chance as long as Fergie thinks its worthwhile.

Ultimately, he's just a stupid 18 year old kid, nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

A nail on the head post right there. So here's a kid who is unproven in the PL and who hasn't staked a place in the first team. Indeed he can't even make the subs bench and yet he has such a high opinion of himself. If these stories are true, then he's just the type of fúckwit United can do without.

The problem with Morrison, so I hear, is more with his mates in Manchester. Let's say United kicked him out off to anywhere outside Manchester, his problems are almost certainly to decrease (maybe not go away) - which means someone else will then have a super talented youngster for free if United dropped him.

For the club, it's lose-lose. But for him as a human being, his only real chance is to move abroad, or at least well away from Manchester.

Maybe one of you has better info, but from what I hear, his mates are total scum, and he's just the idiot kid who follows them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

PHB wrote: »
    Morrisson for me, really must be one of the best footballers Fergie has ever seen, for him to put up with this much crap. As such, I'm still willing to give him a chance as long as Fergie thinks its worthwhile.

Ultimately, he's just a stupid 18 year old kid, nothing more.

I think he should get a loan move somewhere in europe - away from home he might grow up a little and come back a bit more mature...

Really unless he has the attitude that is needed by a top professional he just wont make it. Talent will get you so far, but it takes work ethic and professionalism to be one of the best in the game and certainly to be worth a load of hassle

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's doesn't matter where Morrison goes, he can just fly his mates over!

carlcon wrote: »
    The problem with Morrison, so I hear, is more with his mates in Manchester. Let's say United kicked him out off to anywhere outside Manchester, his problems are almost certainly to decrease (maybe not go away) - which means someone else will then have a super talented youngster for free if United dropped him.

For the club, it's lose-lose. But for him as a human being, his only real chance is to move abroad, or at least well away from Manchester.

Maybe one of you has better info, but from what I hear, his mates are total scum, and he's just the idiot kid who follows them.

From what I know his mates are a bad influence and are not the type you would want your own kids hanging about with, but this is his career, he has to step up, grow up and smarten up when it comes to that

He has had every opportunity to develop his undoubted talent and potential , but if he cant take control of his own life off the field he is no good to the club.

Im sure he has been advised on how to deal with the media, how to deal with the public, and how to choose who is and isnt good for him in his life, he must surely see himself that he is potentially throwing away a great life and potentially millions of pounds by not being professional?

If he wants to have the life his mates have, if thats who he is he may as well quit playing football at all.

There comes a time in every mans life when he must decide the path he will take himself

18 doesnt seem like a bad age considering the situation he is in, and look at the state of the midfield! he could actually nail himself in as a starter in the Manchester United midfield before he is 20 if he just buckled down

Let's say United kicked him out off to anywhere outside Manchester, his problems are almost certainly to decrease (maybe not go away) - which means someone else will then have a super talented youngster for free if United dropped him.

That's the catch 22, if we get rid of him it might just cop him on and he'll then knuckle down - at another club :mad:. Amazing to think he's hanging around with scum bag friends, considering the potential future/life he could have.

If any club sign him from us they will have to pay compenastion cause he is under 22/24 cant remember which, if he is released by the club that may be another matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

If it was up to me, I'd send him on loan somewhere in lesser-known Europe, maybe even Sokskjaer's Molde, or something like that. Let him act the jackass and fly his mates out if he wants to, it'd still lessen their influence on him.

Everyone's different, obviously... but I can honestly say 18-21 were the years when I copped onto the real world, so there's still hope for him yet!

If it was up to me, I'd send him on loan somewhere in lesser-known Europe, maybe even Sokskjaer's Molde, or something like that. Let him act the jackass and fly his mates out if he wants to, it'd still lessen their influence on him.

Everyone's different, obviously... but I can honestly say 18-21 were the years when I copped onto the real world, so there's still hope for him yet!

You might be on to something there. Basically get him as far away as possible, from the potential nest of bad influence surrounding him. It might give him some maturity, focus and loosen the negative ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

J. Marston wrote: »
    tumblr_lxhv2a0rtx1qbe5xoo1_500.gif

When Rio messed up that backpass and tried to pin the blame on Jones on Sunday, Phil wasn't having any of it!
    Telling a player who has captained United and England and is over a decade older than him to basically ''Piss off, that was your fault.'' shows he has a fairly strong character. Either that or he just doesn't like being blamed for other peoples cock-ups. Anyway, it was good to see.

This is my favourite post since Pigmans work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

My bad on the card front, but the question stands - Is the community shield considered a 'competitive fixture'? I was always under the impression it's a friendly, a Super Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I must admit I am slightly bemused by the love that jones recieves. I understand that he is very young and look like he will develope into one hell of a player. But he cost a fortune and has had his fair share of **** games this season aswell but he it seems he can do no wrong yet when compared to de gea who is also young and cost a similure fee I feel he gets a bit of a raw deal as he has made some fook ups aswell but doesnt get the same support that jones does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thats very harsh. Whenever he played in midfield hes been top class. Against QPR he was unreal IIRC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement