Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Keno 92 wrote: »
    When I watch Ashley Young play when United are in great form he plays great. When we play crap on the other hand...

He is not at United that long. It takes time to settle at a club like United. It shouldn't be a surprise when other players struggle a new player will too.

I am hopeful he can get back to his early form and we will see him play a big part in tight games.

He did well enough against West Brom in the second half of a game united were struggling in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I had totally forgotten about Young!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I had totally forgotten about Young!

Speaking of Young when is he due back and whats his injury ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

That is fine but this cretin has to realise that the tripe he is writing alienates foreign supporters. At the end of the day United forced to choose would run Alan and his ilk off a cliff to fill the stadium with 70,000 Koreans, Japanese or Malaysians who wouldn't know Rio Ferdinand from Archduke Franz Ferdinand, but would buy every replica kit under the sun. This is not since the Glazers took over, this is since the stock market float and beyond.

There is a reason the club don't bother thier holes playing ten or twelve friendlies in the environs of Old Trafford every summer.

There is a good reason why every club in christendom is trying to copy Man United's marketing policies.

Its an unfair advantage alright, but wheres the FIFA rule that applies?
    FIFA trying to create a cartel with their FFP rules, so the same old teams will always win and no others get a chance. They can try and fix sugar daddys, but how do you make it a level playing field regarding support, ground size etc?

They aren't going to stop teams developing. They are stopping clubs giving players huge wages and paying stupid money.

Surely a club would only develop a new ground on the premise that it's actually viable. Every club can't be equally successful. This isn't the NFL. There is never going to be a level playing field. However, I don't think these rules are going to work very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

did anything come of the silly speculation that you need a certain mount of english players in your team?
    the reason liverpool went on their british talent spending spree apparantly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

DM-ICE wrote: »
    He is not at United that long. It takes time to settle at a club like United. It shouldn't be a surprise when other players struggle a new player will too.

I am hopeful he can get back to his early form and we will see him play a big part in tight games.

He did well enough against West Brom in the second half of a game united were struggling in.

Yep, Young has played far too little games for us to be making any sort of definitive judgement on his United career yet. Personally, I like him as a player and think he adds a lot to the side most times he plays.

Even when he's not playing great, he links up the play well and usually works hard.
    mixednuts wrote: »
    Speaking of Young when is he due back and whats his injury ?

Supposedly around 10 days but knowing Fergie, he'll probably be on the bench on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Blatter wrote: »
    Yep, Young has played far too little games for us to be making any sort of definitive judgement on his United career yet. Personally, I like him as a player and think he adds a lot to the side most times he plays.

Woo hold your horses Blatter. I was merely making an observation, not putting the final nail in his United career.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Danny Drinkwater has moved to Leicester for an undisclosed fee, courtesy of Steve Bartram

VW 1 wrote: »
    Danny Drinkwater has moved to Leicester for an undisclosed fee, courtesy of Steve Bartram
    1 million apparantly

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Woo hold your horses Blatter. I was merely making an observation, not putting the final nail in his United career.

I wasn't suggesting you had done Keno, I was referring to those who have been complaining about his signing and saying 'he isn't United quality', which there have been a few!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

cloptrop wrote: »
    1 million apparantly

Anything official or is it twitter speculation? Sounds a bit high tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anything official or is it twitter speculation? Sounds a bit high tbh

it was mentioned on twitter this morning, but i can't remember by whom. I read 750k rising to 1million depending on clauses

Ravel Ryan Morrison

#Drivetime do u really still believe I asked for 30k I haven't ever asked for any money and I have never rejected anything :) rubez & Bee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

1 million apparantly
    If that is accurate it puts the Gibson transfer fee in a new perspective.

#Drivetime do u really still believe I asked for 30k I haven't ever asked for any money and I have never rejected anything :) rubez & Bee
    ask him has he any notion of what goes on between his agent and the club?

• ask him has he any notion of what goes on between his agent and the club?

I did, here's what he said:

Ravel Ryan Morrison

dont even tink ive got a agente mate, neva lisen to dem bulshters, wanna be lik scoles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

AjWXz8XCMAIUv3V.jpg

Fergie is down with the kids.

Yo.

Ravel Ryan Morrison

Ravel Ryan Morrison

dont even tink ive got a agente mate, neva lisen to dem bulshters, wanna be lik scoles :)

Someone else must have typed that first one for him.

I don't know what that 2nd comment is about, he doesn't know if he has an agent? Someone's a 'bulshter' alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I did, here's what he said:

Ravel Ryan Morrison

He sounds like an ignorant 10 year old tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

J. Marston wrote: »
    AjWXz8XCMAIUv3V.jpg

Yo.

Whos the bloke on the left and how did he get my dream facebook profile pic?

Someone else must have typed that first one for him.

I don't know what that 2nd comment is about, he doesn't know if he has an agent? Someone's a 'bulshter' alright.
    Cian A wrote: »
    He sounds like an ignorant 10 year old tbh

I must point out that I was joking with that last tweet, but the fact that people didn't cop that just serves to illustrate how much of an idiot Morrison has portrayed himself to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Whos the bloke on the left and how did he get my dream facebook profile pic?

He's this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farid_El_Allagui

Banging them in for Falkirk at the moment, not sure what the story behind the photo is apart from Farid is considered to be a nice guy and fair play to Fergie for having a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

AjWXz8XCMAIUv3V.jpg

Yo.

Caption: Having only drawn in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Ferguson ensures youngster Farid El Alagui never plays professional football in Britain again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Why does he do that?

♫ Because he is Sir Alex and he does what he wants. ♫

Seriously though, he answered the Morrison question last week so he is right to dismiss it. After 25 years +, the Press should know by now that he'll not entertain shít stirring.

AjWXz8XCMAIUv3V_1_copy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

^^^^^^^

Oh jesus...here's your coat!

kmart6 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

Oh jesus...here's your coat!

Jesus?......Fúck no, it's Corvus Maximus actually.

AjWXz8XCMAIUv3V.jpg

Yo.
    I just thought I'd quote the ****ing thing since everyone else is doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Can people stop quoteing the photo! My phone is gonna blow up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Can people stop quoteing the photo! My phone is gonna blow up!
    AjWXz8XCMAIUv3V.jpg

Sorry what?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

theres a certain irish lad, never appeared for his clubs first team, he is not even that good and he is thought to be on 20k a week.

who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Trilla wrote: »
    who?

Hardly Robbie Brady?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Hardly Robbie Brady?

I read somewhere that Robbie Brady was gettin 10 grand a week but I was talking to his uncle who said he's not on that much, I can't really see any reserve player gettin that much

Hardly Robbie Brady?

Who da hell is Robbie Brady and what team has he not appeared for yet?

• Advertisement

Who da hell is Robbie Brady and what team has he not appeared for yet?

Are you serious? He's one of the best up & coming players in English football and also for Ireland, he's with united but on loan at Hull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Are you serious? He's one of the best up & coming players in English football and also for Ireland, he's with united but on loan at Hull.

Not really anymore apparently, he has not progressed the way the club ahd hoped, possibly due to his attitude.

This loan deal could hopefully be the makings of him though, he is 20 now. You would think its time to do something to get himself to the fringes of the first team at least.

Never heard of him either , I havnt had MUTV in a year or two , but im sure if he was that good id have heard of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Never heard of him either , I havnt had MUTV in a year or two , but im sure if he was that good id have heard of him.

Seen a pic of him on fifa, looks like joey barton :pac:

kryogen wrote: »
    Not really anymore apparently, he has not progressed the way the club ahd hoped, possibly due to his attitude.

This loan deal could hopefully be the makings of him though, he is 20 now. You would think its time to do something to get himself to the fringes of the first team at least.

How can you comment on his attitude if you don't even know who he is ? I recommend you watch him play a couple of games before you can comment on him, theres even talk of him being a called up to the Ireland senior team although I think it's too soon

• Advertisement

How can you comment on his attitude if you don't even know who he is ? I recommend you watch him play a couple of games before you can comment on him, theres even talk of him being a called up to the Ireland senior team although I think it's too soon
    Thered be talk of me getting called up to the irish team if rupert murdochs henchmen thought itd sell papers

Thered be talk of me getting called up to the irish team if rupert murdochs henchmen thought itd sell papers

Who said it was in the papers? It's been mentioned on a few forums etc just watch a couple of games or YouTube highlights then you'll see what I mean

Who said it was in the papers? It's been mentioned on a few forums etc just watch a couple of games or YouTube highlights then you'll see what I mean
    never rate a player on youtube, you can ask bebe about that.

Well don't rate him just check it out so you'll actually know who you are talking about

Seen him on youtube against blackpool he crossed a few balls in , he hoofed a few wide and over , smashing tackle at one stage , but come on id hardly pin the future of united on him
    When he has a youtube clip like this gimme a shout,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eof5k_XkZjM&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Kryogen is well aware who Robbie Brady is. It was Cloptrop and Corvus Maximus who were not.
    He is only 20 yrs old. I think the next 1.5 seasons will be the making or breaking of him.

Seen him on youtube against blackpool he crossed a few balls in , he hoofed a few wide and over , smashing tackle at one stage , but come on id hardly pin the future of united on him
    When he has a youtube clip like this gimme a shout,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eof5k_XkZjM&feature=related

Search YouTube for his goal for hull against Liverpool, didn't matter as much but still a beauty, I can't post a link I'm using my phone

Search YouTube for his goal for hull against Liverpool, didn't matter as much but still a beauty, I can't post a link I'm using my phone
    If you search youtube enough im sure you would find some crackers from darren gibson, bebe , john o shea , edwin van der saar scored a couple , im sure you could even find a phil neville goal if you looked hard enough ,
    he is a young lad , ill give him the benefit of the doubt cause he was injured for a long spell so we will still call him young at 20 , but if he was offered being the next robbie keane im sure he would take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

John O Shea scored important goals, screamer against Arsenal, and made a fool of Figo.

I miss him. :(

I seen him score against liverpool , i think it was that youtube clip i posted a minute ago but i remember the goal differently , i was in a tv shop , it was when the 3d tellys were just going on sale , i was prob buying a toaster or something , i let out a huge roar and startled the whole shop ,
    i was buying a deep fat fryer now that i think of it , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Good times.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement