Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Blatter wrote: »

So basically tribalism then? That kind of stuff is largely relevant to Liverpool as well, but in a different sense. Ferguson won't want Dalglish getting one up on him and nor will he want to give him the chance to do so by playing a weakened team.

No I didn't mean tribalism at all, more an indirect statement from either team on their league title pedigree and intention.

If was about tribalism the Liverpool game would be top of my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if Pogba plays against Liverpool or Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

If we put out a weakened team and lose then the City result will not count for much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

adox wrote: »
    No I didn't mean tribalism at all, more an indirect statement from either team on their league title pedigree and intention.

If was about tribalism the Liverpool game would be top of my list.

I know you didn't mention the word tribalism, but talking about statements of intent against massive rivals is a form of tribalism.

I reckon Fergie's plan is to go pretty much all out v Liverpool, rest a few key players v Stoke but still put out a strong enough team that should beat them and then have the team fresh for Chelsea away the following Sunday.

Stoke have a miserable away record against big teams so that should be taken into consideration when resting players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wouldn't risk anyone carrying a knock into this game.

I wouldn't risk anyone carrying a knock into ANY game with so many games left to play.

United will use the squad players to fill gaps left by the injured players. Mitch already suggested the team could be like the one v Arsenal last season.

Maybe Lordgoat was a bit ott saying play the kids. But using the squad players makes perfect sense. Park, Hernandez, Rafael, fabio all need game time while guys like Rooney and Carrick need the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Trilla wrote: »
    I agree, but I think we :) don't have enough of these characters.

Liverpool in Anfield, in the cup, whatever the state their team or form is a massive test for any player imo.

:) I ****ing HATE when I do that.

if United don't have the characters then forget about the league title to be honest. Liverpool are ****e, their players are poor, their 'legends' past it. If United honestly can't go out there with second string and match them, **** it they'll win nothing. There is millions of pounds with of fit United players still available, internationals; matching Liverpool should not be a problem. They are missing enough of their own top performers too.

Without being that dismissive of the opposition, I do agree with the point that Uniteds squad players are good players in their own right. That should not be forgotten and they are more than capable of performing on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The thing about Liverpool is they could get beat 6-0 the week before and win the next week against United. They always play hard against United, even if they're squad leaves something to be desired, they deserve more respect than that.

Owen just got his level 3 coaching badge. He can now manage at League 2 level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

And I'd say he's left him self open for dogs abuse with that tweet! League 2 fans saying they wouldn't have him etc....! But not in such a friendly manner!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Doesn't strike me as someone who'd be a good manager tbh. He said earlier that he's been coaching Utd's under 14's, imagine being coached by Michael Owen?

Wanna feel old? Some of them probably weren't even alive for this magical moment! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Doesn't strike me as someone who'd be a good manager tbh. He said earlier that he's been coaching Utd's under 14's, imagine being coached by Michael Owen?

Wanna feel old? Some of them probably weren't even alive for this magical moment! :eek:

My maths mightn't be the strongest, but none of them would have been born if it's u14s? :pac:

Dunno about him as a coach either really, although he can't be ruled out unless given a chance somewhere.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    My maths mightn't be the strongest, but none of them would have been born if it's u14s? :pac:

It's only January and that goal was scored in the Summer of '98, which means it happened approx 13.5 years ago, ya fúcking smart arse. :pac:

Keno 92 wrote: »
    The thing about Liverpool is they could get beat 6-0 the week before and win the next week against United. They always play hard against United, even if they're squad leaves something to be desired, they deserve more respect than that.

Especially when the reasoning used is United squad players are international that cost millions.

What are Liverpools players again? They have some very good players and its foolish to think otherwise.

I am certain SAF won't be thinking otherwise.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Especially when the reasoning used is United squad players are international that cost millions.

What are Liverpools players again? They have some very good players and its foolish to think otherwise.

There's a serious amount of dross in that Liverpool squad. It's the product of six years of mismanagement. United's squad for all its faults is a Ferguson squad.

DM-ICE wrote: »

16 players out of thirty I'd recokon could be classed as internationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody that honestly expects united to win comfortably on sat is away with the fairies.

personally i think we will manage a draw and do well to get it.

anybody that honestly expects united to win comfortably on sat is away with the fairies.

personally i think we will manage a draw and do well to get it.

Don't think anybody thinks that but United's second team should have the match for a lot of this Liverpool first team. A draw would've a great result, but United should be able to match them every step of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You couldnt be a real UTD fan if you think loseing ANY match to liverpool isnt a big deal. Mickey mouse cup, FA cup whatever match.....

So you think Lordgoat isn't a United fan? Get a grip will ya. Sick of this "Are you sure your're a fan" type shyte cropping up again.
    lordgoat wrote: »
    we could be playing argentina in the FA cup and this season i couldn't give a ****. We don't have enough players right now so it's an easy decision for me. League>any other competition we're in right now.

I'm tending to agree with you there, the league has got to be the priority for us. When you look at the injury nightmare we've had all season, our position is excellent. This despite a season also littered with a few shyte performances.

If we can clear the injury list and get the lads back, then we should get the usual title run in groove going. City might crumble because if they can't break away from us when we are on our knees, then they're fúcked when we get off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Would £35m+ I would imagine to get him, but would be some combination with Rooney.

Arsenal wouldn't even swap him for Rooney. Dream on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Some serious arrogance on display in here tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mr Alan wrote: »

n_manchester_united_supporters-1407673.jpg

Mr Alan wrote: »

by who?:confused::confused:

I wonder if Clyne will leave Palace during this window now?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Former Utd 'keeper Tom Heaton was the hero for Cardiff there...

• Advertisement

Does anyone else hate the Utd website? I think it's awful.

Anyone hear about Brighton planning to make a bid for Owen? I'd say unless he could go to another EPL side then he'd retire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yeah I hate the united website . It's stupid they usually have small enough articles spread across 2 pages .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

greendom wrote: »

Bet you thought that Nasri, Clichy, Toure, Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb and Adebayor would never leave too :D

Van Persie is next.

the united website is crap enough, i only use it for away tickets really, nothing else on it.

i mean ffs, they put news from teh daily main and the sun on their front page....they should have regular interviews with players, better youth/reserve features etc etc. they used to do an away days section that they stopped and alot of good things, so it seems to have gone down hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the united website is crap enough, i only use it for away tickets really, nothing else on it.

i mean ffs, they put news from teh daily main and the sun on their front page....they should have regular interviews with players, better youth/reserve features etc etc. they used to do an away days section that they stopped and alot of good things, so it seems to have gone down hill.

Remember what I used to call it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

That is fine but this cretin has to realise that the tripe he is writing alienates foreign supporters..

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The whole layout of the site is awful. Looks like a glossed up 4th year college project.
    Des wrote: »

Go on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Propaganda dot com

Des wrote: »

:)

i would think all sites are the same. can only imagine the liverpool site being full of political correctness:pac:

greendom wrote: »

Bet you thought that Nasri, Clichy, Toure, Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb and Adebayor would never leave too :D

Van Persie is next.

I don't believe he's saying that he thinks Van Persie won't leave.

Just that he won't be going to United, and he's right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Regarding the team for the Liverpool game, I was of the opinion that this i s Liverpool, put out our best 11 and beat them - just cos it was Liverpool.

But with next league game coming soon after - one post has changed my opinion
    VW 1 wrote: »
    I'd rather lose in the FA cup to Liverpool than to lose the league to city

League has to take priority, and if it means trusting a 'weakened' team to take care of the cup game at the weekend, to ensure we have the best possible chance of three points in the Stoke game, then I believe that is what must be done....

flah closed his account yesterday. I know he was serving a ban anyway but it's a big loss to the forum.

He was an excellent contributor and will be missed :(

That's unfortunate, he was a great contributor to the thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

flah closed his account yesterday. I know he was serving a ban anyway but it's a big loss to the forum.

6015067182_c0a6fd0e8f.jpg
    Fallen homies :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Am sorry to hear that - isn't he the second major contributor in a few days to close an account - tommyhaas???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Looking at the fixtures in the League between now and the end of the season, its going to be very hard to stay on City's coat tails up to the derby on April 28th. United are going to have to take at least 7 points from the trips to Chelsea and Tottenham as well as the home fixture with Liverpool as well as a full 3 points from the Norwich game at Carrow Road which has proved difficult for teams this season. A good run in the cup is very important - get over Liverpool on Saturday and it's there for the taking. I'd scrap the Europa League, its a joke competition anyway and concentrate on the domestic double which will be a huge ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Any idea why?

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Any idea why?

Not sure, he didn't seem he was really enjoying it as much as he used to, possibly had stuff in real life to attend to as well, who knows.. Hopefully he returns one day under a new account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Not sure, he didn't seem he was really enjoying it as much as he used to, possibly had stuff in real life to attend to as well, who knows.. Hopefully he returns one day under a new account.

Agree. I'm more of a lurker here but always enjoyed flahs posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Agree. I'm more of a lurker here but always enjoyed flahs posts

Same, I'm only new here but have been lurking for about a year.

Himself and keane2097 are two of my favourite posters with their low bullshít tolerance thresholds and dry, scathing, oft witty responses.

I had looked forward to being on the receiving end of his abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Maybe he will come out of retirement in the future if the thread gets really poor and there is no sign of new arrivals to improve the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

That is a shame. I had some disputes with him last summer over his posting style in regards to his attitude to posters speculating on possible signings, but apart from that we pretty much agreed on most things.

He`ll be missed thats for sure.

Ah feck sake. I was only looking at the thread on closing your account too.

Adios my Waterford brethren D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Ah for **** sake.

I'll miss his posts, well capable of banter and always fairly on the ball regards united.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

LeighH wrote: »
    Same, I'm only new here but have been lurking for about a year.

Himself and keane2097 are two of my favourite posters with their low bullshít tolerance thresholds and dry, scathing, oft witty responses.

I had looked forward to being on the receiving end of his abuse.

I can abuse you if you want - I know it won't be the same but still...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement