Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

kstand wrote: »
    Looking at the fixtures in the League between now and the end of the season, its going to be very hard to stay on City's coat tails up to the derby on April 28th. United are going to have to take at least 7 points from the trips to Chelsea and Tottenham as well as the home fixture with Liverpool as well as a full 3 points from the Norwich game at Carrow Road which has proved difficult for teams this season. A good run in the cup is very important - get over Liverpool on Saturday and it's there for the taking. I'd scrap the Europa League, its a joke competition anyway and concentrate on the domestic double which will be a huge ask.

Agree with all this. Heres the next few fixtures, just to put it into perspective:

Liverpool (A) - FA Cup
    Stoke (H) - PL
    Chelsea (A) - PL
    Liverpool (H) - PL
    Ajax (A) - EL
    ** FA Cup 5th Rnd - If we make it **
    Ajax (H) - EL
    Norwich (A) - PL
    Spurs (A) - PL

Thats a brutal run of games with a fully fit squad. Without our best defender it looks even worse.

I would expect us to lose or draw at least two of those games in the league, especially against Liverpool and Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

First post here, be gentle. it's a real pity that city don't have a tougher run of games at the moment because they they look all set for an implosion with Balotelli,hot on the heels of Kompanay, the Toures away, if they survive the next few weeks, their momentum could be dangerous. Time for some mind games for SAF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

keane2097 wrote: »
    I can abuse you if you want - I know it won't be the same but still...

I suppose it will have to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

adox wrote: »
    That is a shame. I had some disputes with him last summer over his posting style in regards to his attitude to posters speculating on possible signings, but apart from that we pretty much agreed on most things.

He`ll be missed thats for sure.

Even if he was wrong sometimes (although I found myself in agreement with him 9 times out of 10), he was like a dog with a bone and is a brilliant debater. You could literally be there all night arguing with him:pac:

One of the best poster I've seen on this forum without doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

allprops wrote: »
    it's a real pity that city don't have a tougher run of games at the moment because they they look all set for an implosion with Balotelli,hot on the heels of Kompanay, the Toures away, if they survive the next few weeks, their momentum could be dangerous. Time for some mind games for SAF.

While I kinda agree, I do think Citys next few fixtures look a lot tougher than they did a couple of weeks ago. Some of the "easy" teams they have to play are starting to put one or two results together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

The one question I have pondered since Christmas is, is there any value to be had in the transfer market, especially with the longer term injuries. Tom Cleverly could be back for Saturday which is a huge boost given his start to the season, but who else could come in? A right back possibly?
    The Sneijder thing is dead in the water until the summer at least with the return of Paul Scholes and Cleverly's return to fitness. The coub is top heavy with strikers, when you bear in mind that Chico cant get a look in. There's a battle on for the No. 1 jersey between Lindegaard and De Gea. Valencia and Nani are playing well in the wide positions although Young's come back date has yet to be announced. Smalling who played very well against Arsenal, Evans who has improved, Jones and Ferdinand are all able to play centre half and Evra has started to play well left back recently. So is there any point bringing anyone in? I just dont see value anywhere in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The one question I have pondered since Christmas is, is there any value to be had in the transfer market, especially with the longer term injuries. Tom Cleverly could be back for Saturday which is a huge boost given his start to the season, but who else could come in? A right back possibly?
    The Sneijder thing is dead in the water until the summer at least with the return of Paul Scholes and Cleverly's return to fitness. The coub is top heavy with strikers, when you bear in mind that Chico cant get a look in. There's a battle on for the No. 1 jersey between Lindegaard and De Gea. Valencia and Nani are playing well in the wide positions although Young's come back date has yet to be announced. Smalling who played very well against Arsenal, Evans who has improved, Jones and Ferdinand are all able to play centre half and Evra has started to play well left back recently. So is there any point bringing anyone in? I just dont see value anywhere in the market.

Alex???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Flah posted his good luck message a good while ago now. I am suprised he ended up closing his account though.

if I knew that would happen I would have sent a PM or something.

Great poster here and on other forums. When I saw Flah was after posting something I always knew it would be worth reading.

good luck I hope all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Reported that Ravel Morrison is at Newcastles training ground right now sealing a £4 million move

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Flah posted his good luck message a good while ago now. I am suprised he ended up closing his account though.

if I knew that would happen I would have sent a PM or something.

Great poster here and on other forums. When I saw Flah was after posting something I always knew it would be worth reading.

good luck I hope all is well.

What? when did this happen? :/ One of my favourite posters, and as you say, always worth a read. The MUFC thread will/is a less interesting place without him/her/it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Reported that Ravel Morrison is at Newcastles training ground right now sealing a £4 million move

Might be no harm him going there. Definate talent but trouble was always going to follow him round in Manchester. He'll have a new start up there if correct, away from Manchester and Wythenshawe.

I hope we have a buy back clause if true anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I hope we have a buy back clause if true anyway.

Why would we want a buy back clause, he'll be finished in about 2 years if he leaves United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Might be no harm him going there. Definate talent but trouble was always going to follow him round in Manchester. He'll have a new start up there if correct, away from Manchester and Wythenshawe.

Moving from Manchester to one of the main drinking & partying cities in the UK.
    Great move for him. :rolleyes:

Sadly I think if he does move, it'll be the end of his footballing career.
    Unless he can get his head out of his ass and get away from those ****heads of "friends" of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

People are posting on twitter than is just a load of BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sad to hear of Flah closing account. It makes me more sad than the thought of loosing Ravel Morrison to be honest.

I think its inevitable that hes leaving, I think United have had enough of his attitude, its not worth it at this stage. He'll be gone in the summer either way.

bullvine wrote: »
    Why would we want a buy back clause, he'll be finished in about 2 years if he leaves United.

Or he could go on to be world class, I don't see the problem in leaving the option open.

Or he could go on to be world class, I don't see the problem in leaving the option open.

More chance of me becoming World Class if he goes to Newcastle....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What? when did this happen? :/ One of my favourite posters, and as you say, always worth a read. The MUFC thread will/is a less interesting place without him/her/it.

Well a few months back he posted a good luck message and said he wouldn't be posting for a while.

but then returned and was active so I wasn't expecting an account closure.

anyways I won't say any more, none of my business really!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

TuftyMUFC: Looks like Nani could be out for 2 months with a fooot injury. #mufc

Terrible news if true with the run of games coming up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I wouldn't listen or read a word that that Tufty lad says.

Mostly ****e.

If I'm correct, he started the Ravel rumour.
    Ten Minutes later said he wasn't sure.
    Then back tracked completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

If so, that is a brilliant piece of business! £4m for a complete waste of space!

Before you throw yourselves down the stairs in grief ask yourselves honestly can you actually see the chap reforming and becoming a regular England International, never mind the mainstay of the team as he was widely tipped to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If and I state if Nani is out for 2 months I will cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

nicklauski wrote: »

Unless he can get his head out of his ass and get away from those ****heads of "friends" of his.

I'm not sure that's his problem. I think he just won't do what he's told. Turns up late for training, phones it in when's he's there.

That is all aside from his legal strife.

The only thing I will say about Morrisson leaving that no player left United in bad way and became a better player in last 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The only thing I will say about Morrisson leaving that no player left United in bad way and became a better player in last 20 years.

maybe not better, but Stam was just as good.

Not on bad terms but Rossi and Pique clearly went on to become better players. Beckham didn't leave on the best of terms and had a very good time at Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I hope this isn't true, because I was really hoping we would have sent him to the continent. Basically as far away from United as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Not on bad terms but Rossi and Pique clearly went on to become better players. Beckham didn't leave on the best of terms and had a very good time at Real Madrid.

Don't think Diego Forlán left on bad terms but turned into a great player.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

nicklauski wrote: »

He doesn't booze or party much by all accounts.

I don't think he'll go this transfer window. I'd like to see him get his **** together.
    If so, that is a brilliant piece of business! £4m for a complete waste of space!

Before you throw yourselves down the stairs in grief ask yourselves honestly can you actually see the chap reforming and becoming a regular England International, never mind the mainstay of the team as he was widely tipped to be?

I think he'll grow up eventually and will play at the top level and for England too. He's the best youth player i've seen play. 4Million is cheap.

Forlan and Ruud can be added to the above list too.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Don't think Diego Forlán left on bad terms but turned into a great player.

Of all Ferguson's failings this was the one that I still never forgave him for.

Forlan was only ever an out to out striker. Why the bloody hell he used to play on the wings drove me crazy.

The lad was great goal scorer and has proven it since he left.

Some people say he was a flop, but he got some crucial goals for us in 02/03 season against Villa, Southampton, Liverpool, but most important was his goal against Chelsea in stoppage time at OT which imo won us the league, cause had we dropped points that day it was Arsenals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Forlan and Rooney would have been some pairing I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

his goal against Chelsea in stoppage time at OT which imo won us the league, cause had we dropped points that day it was Arsenals.

And what a goal it was!

Trilla wrote: »
    And what a goal it was!

He was bit like Gibson in that respect, in that when he scored they were normally cracking goals, bar his 2 against Liverpool which made him a hero alone forever.:D

• Advertisement

Would of preferred a City win for United, tactically speaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Woulda preferred the full bout of extra time then penalties, purely for the weekend!

Why? So they'd have more games to play? All 1 of them?

No, I'm glad they're out, and I hope they cry themselves to sleep over it.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Woulda preferred the full bout of extra time then penalties, purely for the weekend!

Yeah ET and a city win was always the best outcome for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Id have preferred ET and penalties and a City loss tbh, make it as painful and exhausting mentally and physically as possible

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Id have preferred ET and penalties and a City loss tbh, make it as painful and exhausting mentally and physically as possible

I'd have preferred the extra time and effort put into the final on City's behalf. It's kinda funny how we are not picking at results of a carling cup game to help United in the league. Just shows how close it is this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I would have preferred a 22 man brawl with them all sent off and both clubs docked 40 pts apiece

I would have preferred a 22 man brawl with them all sent off and both clubs docked 40 pts apiece

I would of preferred an above average sized pe....

Well now this is embarrassing...

With the injuries amounting at the minute the cup game is coming at a nice time and while I sure would want to beat Liverpool at any game, I would just prefer to get beat to them in the cup, rather then get beat to them in home game in league.

Like I said already I be happy if we are still within 3 points of City after the Liverpool league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if nani is out, it will be another huge blow.

the real downside is more game time for park :(

i dont know what team to expect on saturday, anybody got any training pics from this week?

we could easily lose on saturday, even with a full team out.

I would of preferred an above average sized pe....

Well now this is embarrassing...

Too big as well eh? We have a support group I hear.

if nani is out, it will be another huge blow.

the real downside is more game time for park :(

i dont know what team to expect on saturday, anybody got any training pics from this week?

we could easily lose on saturday, even with a full team out.

very likely they will be without bellamy, which is a big plus for us - he won't be hounding our defenders.

If Liverpool can keep up the intensity they showed tonight and in the previous game vs City, we are going to have a very hard time in midfield keeping up. Saturday is going to be a very tough game.

On Nani potentially being out, hopefully it isn't true cause he is a key player for us. Himself, Carrick, Valencia and Rooney - we need them to maintain fitness over the rest of the season or we are fooked imo. Nani is inconsistent and frustrating, but he is the one midfielder with a bit of magic and unpredictability about him, and a real goal threat - if we lose him for a prolonged period of time, we are going to suffer greatly for it. Park being his most likely replacement makes me dread it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If Nani is out for an extended period, Young will be ahead of Park in the pecking order as the replacement.

Blatter wrote: »
    If Nani is out for an extended period, Young will be ahead of Park in the pecking order as the replacement.

and Young will be back..... when?

Fook it, give Morrison a go! (i actually wish we would, and try to keep him - although I am aware that he seems to have absolutely no future at United)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

When is Young due back though?

Also, he will probably take a few games to get back into gear, which we dont have unfortunately, literally every game is huge!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement