Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Personally, I don't THINK Morrison is going anywhere.

You have no foundation for that ridiculous claim!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

shi-pow-pow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

No - it would be a reason why LG may be wrong, until it plays out his opinion is not wrong, and you know it. He doesn't have the same drive as others - and that is what has held him back at United. If he leaves United and Manchester, it may prove to be a kick up the arse and he may knuckle down a bit more, may become something of the player we expected. A good chance he will tumble a league or two and give up football at 22 to become a DJ - it wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him become a very decent PL player with off the field problems and issues - like Joey Barton.

I think the kid culture these days, for lads like Ravel, is completely different to what was seen years ago, and the money available to a guy like morrison (increasing the hangers-on) makes it more of an issue too. I don't blame his mates, as you said earlier, but I don't think his mates help the situation and moving away from them could be good for him. It may not help at all, but it could do. The club thought so, and tried to move him out of home into digs with Josh King last year, not sure what happened there though.

The kid has more talent than I have ever seen in the United youth team - his attitude is the problem. If can fix that, even a little, he can play PL football imo. I wish he had the attitude of Neville, Butt, Scholes, Cleverley etc - he would already be a first team player for United imo. It won't take much for him to become a PL player, just as it won't take much for him to be a Sunday league player.

None of that is wrong per se but it also lacks a lot. You say youth culture is worse/different today. That is wrong. In the overall scheme since the industrial revolution where you had bad, cramped housing, poor to no jobs and so on and so forth you had gang culture; the same then as it is now. It's modus operandi has not changed an iota in 200 years. I'm not going to start trawling through journals for proff so you can choose to take my word for it or not, I really couldn't care less.

Ravel Morrison is a boy Ferguson has seen walk into his club a thousand times before. The only difference is he is not some also ran top flight footballer. He is The One. He is the once in a life time player, better than Scholes better than Giggs and then behind Ravel is his shadow, that dark malovent entity that has all but ruined him. He is no where even close to acceptable professional standards for any club, in any league. Ravel Morrison's attitude would actually see him struggle with a Leinster Senior League side.

Joey Barton is a good, albeit majorly unhinged, pro - There is simply no comparison. Ravel is an awful pro. Describing him thus is an affront to professionalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Prob up already but there's been a change to the Ref for Saturday Mark Halsey will now Ref it . Atkinson pulled out with a virus .

Should have got him a new contract in the summer then sent him to Molde for the first half of the season, under Solskjaer - then to FC Twente now (under McClaren).

Oh well, whatever happens from now it won't benefit United, imo.

I'd assume that was looked into twelve months ago. I would imagine the club felt if he couldn't knuckle down at Carringon then he was lost to them.

Exporting the problem simply would not have cured it. How long would you have to leave him in exile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Morrison is not worth the hassle in my opinion. As good as Ferguson has seemingly been in the past with so-called "troubled" players, he can only bring about a change in that player if the player also wants it. That last part is my doubt with Morrison, does he want to change his attitude?

If you look at it from his point of view, he's been in trouble with the law, the club have looked after him and stuck by him. He's playing for the reserves, he's made his way into the first team this season. He's on the up. The team is in a rebuilding period where youngsters are having a huge role in the team, e.g. Jones, Smalling, Cleverly, Wellbeck. There is every chance if he puts the head down and trains well he'll become a regular in the first team squad by next season. When that happens he'll be rewarded with a lucrative contract as the other young players have been. To me everything looks good for him. He has no right to have a bad attitude so any change in attitude has to come from him, the club and the manager has done more that enough in my opinion.

So if he wants out now just so he can get more money, let him go. If he thinks playing in the first team for Newcastle is a better option than working hard and possibly getting into the first team at United in 12-18 months, that's his decision. Get rid of him now and don't waste any more effort and resources on him, direct that at the other United youths who actually want to put the work in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Big men with big talk here. So If I disagree with one I disagree with all.

So just to get things straight I can't say anything to Lordgoat, who was also talking bollocks, for the record without his heyena's jumping in.

Is he your de facto leader or did you elect him at one of your little meet-ups?

The tacit bully-boy tactics are remarkable here. How the mods let you away with it is truly a wonder.

I'm happy to play the wait and see game. I am right about Morrison. No one would have got him as far as he has come bar Manchester United. Whether you guys think that is bollocks or otherwise Ferguson has a track record of dealing with problematic players and getting the very best out of them, whether you choose to believe that or not. Ferguson also has never tolerated a bad attitude. Remember Morrison is not the first superstar that Ferguson showed the door to.

lol, you're an unbelievable knob to be fair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Your all in a big gang

I am prepared to wait and see

I am right

it doesn't matter what you say and how many times its said I still won't pay any attention to the real reason people disagree with me

everything I say is fact, anything ye say is not.

Pages and pages of crap.
    ---

This is all sounding so familiar,

#boring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

DM-ICE wrote: »
    #boring

#thisisn'ttwitter

shrewdness wrote: »
    #thisisn'ttwitter

Trust me, it's an extension of it.

• Advertisement

#thisisn'ttwitter

#thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

#thisisn'ttwitter

Trust me, it's an extension of it.
    No it's not.

You have a wicked persecution complex about you, which when added width your hypocrisy just makes you look like an idiot tbh, try debating more and complaining less when people disagree with your absurd claims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think he is basically already gone.

Everyone who I think would know about the situation (journo's, people on twitter i would trust) say it is just a wait til the summer when he can sign for whomever he wants.

I would like to be proven wrong, I'd like to see him and United give it one more proper go (and for Rav to really focus and try) but I just don't see it.
    kryogen wrote: »
    You have no foundation for that ridiculous claim!

;)

Stop ganging up on me you big bullies!! :P:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Any lad Morrison's age would just dream of and jump at the opportunity he has been given in life. Now we hear that the unappreciative idiot, frequently can't even be bothered to even turn up for training. Apparently his time keeping and just turning up at all, were the special criteria he had to meet for a first team shot. But even this appears to have been beyond him. I have never heard of such stupidity surrounding a player before and it just really boggles the mind. As unlikely as it might be though, I live in hope that the lad will have an epiphany, cop himself on and just knuckle down.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    No it's not.

You have a wicked persecution complex about you, which when added width your hypocrisy just makes you look like an idiot tbh, try debating more and complaining less when people disagree with your absurd claims.

Are you calling me an idiot?

Any lad Morrison's age would just dream of and jump at the opportunity he has been given in life. Now we hear that the unappreciative idiot, frequently can't even be bothered to even turn up for training. Apparently his time keeping and just turning up at all, were the special criteria he had to meet for a first team shot. But even this appears to have been beyond him. I have never heard of such stupidity surrounding a player before and it just really boggles the mind. As unlikely as it might be though, I live in hope that the lad will have an epiphany, cop himself on and just knuckle down.
    The thing that annoys me the most is we don't even know what's fact and what isn't with him, I wish sir alex would release a statement just to keep us informed.

The thread is ruined!

The thing that annoys me the most is we don't even know what's fact and what isn't with him, I wish sir alex would release a statement just to keep us informed.

I said that after his press conference where he refused to answer any questions about Morrison.

Trilla wrote: »
    The thread is ruined!

Oscar nominations are closed! :pac:

• Advertisement

No it's not.

Nope, I'm sure you're smart enough and well able to debate your points if you wanted to.

But right now, you do kind of look like an idiot.

Nope, I'm sure you're smart enough and well able to debate your points if you wanted to.

And I'm trying but it seems there is an inherent futility in my efforts.

If you need someone to....

Are all these Morrison's rumours coming from twitter?

I think it was dismissing someone completely for making a point and then contradicting your own point by declaring morrison won't make it if he leaves.

I think he'd stand a better chance if he had a fresh start, imo he's just become too comfortable where he is and having those friends around him probably doesn't help.

I do however believe he is a united fan and would prefer to stay, maybe fergie is just rocking his boat to get him to knuckle down but I don't really know whether that's viable tbh.

Trilla wrote: »
    Are all these Morrison's rumours coming from twitter?

You've seen this, yeah?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/21/ravel-morrison-manchester-united?INTCMP=SRCH

I think this is the kernal of a lot of the stuff of late and then the Newcastle bid seems to be Twitter based.

Than you have this gem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2089625/Arsene-Wenger-urged-grab-Manchester-United-wild-boy-Ravel-Morrison.html

• Advertisement

By the way, the inherent futility is rooted in your obvious confusion vis-a-vis debating versus soapboxing.

Debating typically admits of some form of tete-a-tete, between two or more people - it's interactive. You make a claim, I dispute it - often by pointing out a logical flaw in your discourse - you clarify and riposte. It's good juju, people get a kick out of having their perceptions challenged, their positions assailed and the push back they engage in in defending their points of view is usually quite gratifying as well.

You on the other hand, enjoy pontificating, stating contrarian opinions as facts and then - when challenged to a level beyond which your superficially impressive grasp of the English language can blithely repudiate - claiming that you are beset on all sides by a confederacy of dunces and lament the fortune which forces you, daily, to engage with such plebs. This is what we call soapboxing.

Hope this helps.

keane2097 wrote: »

By the way, the inherent futility is rooted in your obvious confusion vis-a-vis debating versus soapboxing.

Debating typically admits of some form of tete-a-tete, between two or more people - it's interactive. You make a claim, I dispute it - often by pointing out a logical flaw in your discourse - you clarify and riposte. It's good juju, people get a kick out of having their perceptions challenged, their positions assailed and the push back they engage in in defending their points of view is usually quite gratifying as well. This is what we call soapboxing.

You on the other hand, enjoy pontificating, stating contrarian opinions as facts and then - when challenged to a level beyond which your superficially impressive grasp of the English language can blithely repudiate - claiming that you are beset on all sides by a confederacy of dunces and lament the fortune which forces you, daily, to engage with such plebs.

Hope this helps.

The end of that reminded me of pulp fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Debating typically admits of some form of tete-a-tete, between two or more people - it's interactive. You make a claim, I dispute it - often by pointing out a logical flaw in your discourse - you clarify and riposte. It's good juju, people get a kick out of having their perceptions challenged, their positions assailed and the push back they engage in in defending their points of view is usually quite gratifying as well.

You on the other hand, enjoy pontificating, stating contrarian opinions as facts and then - when challenged to a level beyond which your superficially impressive grasp of the English language can blithely repudiate - claiming that you are beset on all sides by a confederacy of dunces and lament the fortune which forces you, daily, to engage with such plebs. This is what we call soapboxing.

Hope this helps.

Think I fixed it for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Totally agree with you on that, while keeping the cards close to your chest can be a great quality. Sometimes getting everything out in the open can be the best policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Are the bully gang allowed to refer to themselves as we?:confused:

If so....I`m in.

adox wrote: »
    Are the bully gang allowed to refer to themselves as we?:confused:

If so....I`m in.

if your in the gang you were at the meet ups, so you would know the rules and the secret hand shake already.......

Hope this helps.

That's bollocks.

How is that for an example of the level of 'debate' on this thread? ;)

Also 'superfically impressive' tut tut... Apart from that, it's a shame that you had to resort to name calling earlier on when such eloquence is within your grasp.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    if your in the gang you were at the meet ups, so you would know the rules and the secret hand shake already.......

It's not so much a hand shake as a **** ***.

I'll ease up now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently Atkinson has pulled out of the match on Saturday with a virus...

Jean-Claude-Van-Damme.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Prob up already but there's been a change to the Ref for Saturday Mark Halsey will now Ref it . Atkinson pulled out with a virus .

thank f*ck for that, he has cost us enough games already. Hopefully Halsey will have a good match and he is not the main talking point on Sat evening.

as regards Morisson, id send him off to Molde for 3 months and isolate him from the gimps who are wrecking his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

thats actually a great idea, send Morrison to Molde, send a camera crew with him, it would be like something from a bad reality show from Sky One..

bullvine wrote: »
    thats actually a great idea, send Morrison to Molde, send a camera crew with him, it would be like something from a bad reality show from Sky One..

Mouldy in Molde.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Ha ha ha. Brilliant :)

A Scanger Abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Lads, the last few pages have been a load of bollocks. Can you just take it to PM if there's problems? I'd prefer the thread to be about the club, not some petty squabble.

• Advertisement

Is the rumours regarding Morrison for 4m to Newcastle only coming from a tweet?

Is Nani defo out for a month? Still nothing here
    http://www.fantasyfootballindex.co.uk/premierleague-injuries.html

We are dropping like flies lately! I can see Pool doing us now in the cup tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I mysteriously became strangely confident about the Liverpool game this morning. I don't know why, but something in the back of my mind has decided that United are going to do them, 2-1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

DB21 wrote: »
    Lads, the last few pages have been a load of bollocks. Can you just take it to PM if there's problems? I'd prefer the thread to be about the club, not some petty squabble.

Actually it was only about a page's worth, if that.

I recommend switching to 40 posts per page and learn how to use the scroll on your mouse. Not every fúcking thing is worth ''taking to PM''.

DB21 wrote: »

The problem only becomes PM worthy after about four pages of griping.

The problem only becomes PM worthy after about four pages of griping.

Is the rumours regarding Morrison for 4m to Newcastle only coming from a tweet?

Is Nani defo out for a month? Still nothing here
    http://www.fantasyfootballindex.co.u...-injuries.html

We are dropping like flies lately! I can see Pool doing us now in the cup tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He is no where even close to acceptable professional standards for any club, in any league... Ravel is an awful pro

IMO, this is the most accurate summation of Morrisons prospects. He simply has not shown even the slightest sign that he has the professionalism required to excel as a top class footballer. He could have all the talent in the world, but without application he may as well be an Andy Carroll.

It all reminds me of Uniteds interest in Stan Collymore back in the day, another hugely talented player with questions marks about his professionalism. We didn't need him them, and we don't need anybody like him now. Morrison can go jump for all I care.

As to the bigger issue, while Orando may enjoy tweaking a few noses, he is right about one thing. This thread can be an awful circlejerk most of the time, there are some people that really do need to stop licking each others arses.

As to the bigger issue, while Orando may enjoy tweaking a few noses, he is right about one thing. This thread can be an awful circlejerk most of the time, there are some people that really do need to stop licking each others arses.

Thats the bigger issue?

Is your own post not an example of a poster licking arse?

---

Anyhow, as Trilla asked,

The United web sites gossip page references Setanta as the sourse for the ravel rumour. I was thinking 4 million looks to be a big fee for a reserve player that is out of contract soon.

One of the red tops had the Nani story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Morrison may be talented but if he doesn't have the attitude or will to play for United then he may be shipped.

I like to think the same thing happened to Tevez. He's a great footballer but his attitude fúcking stinks! Not the sort of player you want at the club.

Morrison has been given the chances and he still hasn't copped on. Would still like him at the club to see if he can ratify his behaviour but if he's sold I won't be too dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Angola's (and Man Utd old boy) Manucho on a hatrick in the African Cup of Nations match against Sudan.

Speaking of which. How's Bebe getting on these days?

• Advertisement

IMO, this is the most accurate summation of Morrisons prospects. He simply has not shown even the slightest sign that he has the professionalism required to excel as a top class footballer. He could have all the talent in the world, but without application he may as well be an Andy Carroll.

It all reminds me of Uniteds interest in Stan Collymore back in the day, another hugely talented player with questions marks about his professionalism. We didn't need him them, and we don't need anybody like him now. Morrison can go jump for all I care.

Stan Collymore suffered from a mental illness. He started his career with Southend United who would be a club of limited means and scientific and medical back room, even at Premier League level never mind (was it Division One or two at the time) Southend, staff simply were no where near the standards you find at clubs today.

If he was a 19 year old today starting out I believe, he would have been given every help to over come his illness and prevent it impinging on his life and subsequently career.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement