Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 2247-02 problem

Options
  • 23-12-2011 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Here's the thing..

I had xbox live running fine at home with WGA54G, but now have come down to the in-laws and brought my WGA54G and a one months free xbox live code with me to introduce my brother-in-law to the delights of xbox live and I can't get the farking network connection working.

The thing is, he is an ex Eircom customer who has changed over to Vodafone and he's still using a Netopia 2247-02 that he got from Eircom about 10 years ago.

I have input the Vodafone 'vodafone@vodafone.ie' user name and 'broadband1' password but no joy.

Trawled the net, but there doesn't seem to be anything related to the Netopia 2247-02 now and have tried most of the things that they suggested for most modern Netopia 2247 routers.

Any pointers? (He asks hopefully.) ;)

Edit: I would ask on the Vodafone forum, but as I and my brother-in-law are only Vodafone at home customers we can't appear to sign into their forum. :(

Edit 2: Having settings on 'Automatic' Gives an IP settings/address result, but nothing in the DNS Settings. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Are you sure the password is correct?

You say broadband1 but if you look here, it says broadband ie. no 1 at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Yes, spotted that and have changed it accordingly.

Will work my way through this thread when I get a chance..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055961858

This is doing my head in.
    Followed most of the thread I posted up, but I can't seem to be able to set up a static IP on the modem (Netopia 2247-02) even in expert mode.
    I have firewall down to 'low' and settings on xbox at 'Auto', but it does not pick up anything. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There's 'Xbox Live Games' in the drop down menu under 'Custom Services'

Maybe ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

There is, but when I clicked and enable it asks for me to link to the laptop as the server and not the modem. No choice for modem

Advertisement