Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi config question, USB dongles

Options
  • 23-12-2011 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a way to extend the range of my wifi within the house (I get terrible signal in my bedroom) and I've come up with an idea I'm not sure is possible, so I thought I'd ask here.

My desktop PC is connected to the router via cable. Can I connect a WiFi USB dongle to the PC and use that as a wireless access point to the router?

How would I go about setting it up?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Yes you can do it this Way..

go into your Settings look up Share, you should see share Screen, Remote login etc.etc you should see share my Internet.. click on that and You should now be able to connect to the Wirless VIA your USB Wifi. this can also be down with a Mac once it is via cable.. but your PC needs to be hooked up by the Ethernet cable for this to work

Advertisement