Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Customers

Options
  • 23-12-2011 6:57am

Its that time of year again. They have lost all their manners and you are ready to kill them. Just wanted to hear from some retail people about their experiences with the enemy - customers.
    Just yesterday i had a customer fart right beside me (i heard it) then wonder why i walked off when he started to talk to me and it started to smell.
    Plus all the personal shopper requests where they ask you for one thing, then continue on their list. Finally, the aisle hoggers that use their trolley to performing a rolling blockade.
    What are your stories?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Loves when I fart and someone walks away because the smell. Makes me so proud to have cooked it myself. Your customer might love you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Maybe you should spend more time providing service to your customers, and less time complaining on boards. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Maybe you should spend more time providing service to your customers, and less time complaining on boards. :D

If you keep it all bottled in, you'll develop ulcers.

I remember once spending around 20 minutes explaining the sterling to euro conversion rate. It was a pretty good conversion rate we were operating with, but the customer just saw the numbers and couldn't quite get his head around why we were charging 'more' for a product. Then he began shouting and attempting to intimidate me by towering over me.

Fun times. This is the first time in 10 years I'm not working in retail :pac: (cause I don't have a job :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

If you keep it all bottled in, you'll develop ulcers.

I remember once spending around 20 minutes explaining the sterling to euro conversion rate. It was a pretty good conversion rate we were operating with, but the customer just saw the numbers and couldn't quite get his head around why we were charging 'more' for a product. Then he began shouting and attempting to intimidate me by towering over me.

Fun times. This is the first time in 10 years I'm not working in retail :pac: (cause I don't have a job :o)

I had a summer job in a Bus Eireann ticket office in 1997 and a customer chucked a display in over the counter that had a load of leaflets with timetables on it.

I was just sitting there like a pleb with the place packed and the place was covered in thousands of a4 sheets.

The guy was off his head on something. They put in glass to stop stuff getting chucked in after that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

People who stand too clise and people who share too much!!

Im a sales person not a gynecologist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What the fcuk?

You are a shop assistant. The clue is in the title. Do your flippin job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Its been one of the handiest run ups to Christmas in years. The peoples just ain't spending.

I'm finished tomorrow afternoon and I don't think I have had a stressful moment yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Unhelpful shop assistants piss me off a bit. The ones who are rarely on the floor but hiding behind the counter flirting or chatting away and look horrified that you have disturbed their conversation to ask a question or try to pay for something.

What the fcuk?

You are a shop assistant. The clue is in the title. Do your flippin job.

Bit harsh there now. It wouldnt be the easiest thing to stand there and smell the pong of someones guinness and taco fries fart.

I dont mind smelling my own farts, but some one elses positively churns my stomach.

Edit: Ohh, the personal shopper thing, yeah, do yer job for fcuks sakes!!

Bit harsh there now. It wouldnt be the easiest thing to stand there and smell the pong of someones guinness and taco fries fart.

I dont mind smelling my own farts, but some one elses positively churns my stomach.

Bit harsh my hole. People should be on their knees thanking their customers for the business , shur arent they lucky to have jobs :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Its that time of year again. They have lost all their manners and you are ready to kill them. Just wanted to hear from some retail people about their experiences with the enemy - customers.
    Just yesterday i had a customer fart right beside me (i heard it) then wonder why i walked off when he started to talk to me and it started to smell.
    Plus all the personal shopper requests where they ask you for one thing, then continue on their list. Finally, the aisle hoggers that use their trolley to performing a rolling blockade.
    What are your stories?

Yep customers are so annoying - I use to work retail 2 years ago. I'd be helpful enough but at Christmas I was just to busy to be somebody's personal shopper. They'd usually ask where something was and I'd just point them to furthest lane away from me and walk off.

Or if somebody was about to stop me I'd just say 'sorry I'm on my break'.

Bit harsh my hole. People should be on their knees thanking their customers for the business , shur arent they lucky to have jobs :p

Check out my edit. I stand firm in my position that you shouldnt have to smell someone elses arse emissions.

Otherwise do yer fuppin job!

Check out my edit. I stand firm in my position that you shouldnt have to smell someone elses arse emissions.

Otherwise do yer fuppin job!

people pay good money for that in Japan.

Hmmm, onion bhaji... I'd buy that for a dollar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Hmmm, onion bhaji... I'd buy that for a dollar.

Thats indian

Thats indian

Racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Thats indian

Native American or Asian American?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Native American or Asian American?

Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

WindSock wrote: »
    Unhelpful shop assistants piss me off a bit. The ones who are rarely on the floor but hiding behind the counter flirting or chatting away and look horrified that you have disturbed their conversation to ask a question or try to pay for something.

I agree but it irritates me even further when they come up to asking if you need anything.

"No, I'm just looking, thanks"

This is of course after only getting 3 steps into the door before you get harassed. Sometimes you can see them eyeing you up as you walk in and you think to yourself "Bollix"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

are you mickydoomsux in disguise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Working in a supermarket has made me lose my faith in mankind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭harrythehat

I'll never understand why people can't ask for what they need or make their inquiries with a simple please and thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055527204&page=65

all your retail griping needs
    shop workers of the world unite we are not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

I let an absolute stinker in a shop the other day, it was so bad even I was struggling to breathe..the shop assistant was very good, she didnt run away screaming, just carried on showing me the stuff.. fair play to her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

There all annoying by their nature, they just always seem to want something from me:(

I wish they would just piss off and leave me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

What are your stories?

First rule of customer service,customer is always right.
    second rule of customer service,Customers sh*t don't stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Or if somebody was about to stop me I'd just say 'sorry I'm on my break'.

Annoying shop assistant winner right here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    I agree but it irritates me even further when they come up to asking if you need anything.

This is of course after only getting 3 steps into the door before you get harassed. Sometimes you can see them eyeing you up as you walk in and you think to yourself "Bollix"

I find if you say "bollix" out loud as they approach you has an even better effect .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

mattjack wrote: »
    I find if you say "bollix" out loud as they approach you has an even better effect .

Lol - and what effect does that have exactly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Stiffler2 wrote: »

Don't blame the Shop Assistants for that, I used to work in a busy sports shop on Mary St (Dublin for you culchies) and we had to ask every question did they need a hand.

Advertisement