Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest Comparative Modes to learn.

• 23-12-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

I know none of the modes can be considered easy but I have sample answers for the following modes:

- GV&V

- Literary Genre

- Theme / Issue

In your opinion which 2 are the easiest to learn / understand?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

We have only done Theme being love. Was quite easy but I suppose it depends on youre texts and how well you understand each

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

I would say theme and Literary Genre, are the two easiest, literary genre is just abut how the books are written, e.g are they a play, novel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Our theme is Friendship I think. Would you be better doing GV&V and Literary Genre as neither came up in 2011?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

theme or issue is the easiest imo.
    then followed by gv.
    make sure you've all your quotes sorted for each of the texts thats the hardest part:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Our theme is Friendship I think. Would you be better doing GV&V and Literary Genre as neither came up in 2011?
    Well, cultural context was on in 2011 and not literary genre so that'd be why it didnt come up. We're only doing GV+V and theme because my teacher said literary genre is too much waffle, and they've been pretty easy to do tbh. It might just be for our ones, I'm not sure, but we pretty much use the same information for both - theme is growing up in the third world, we learn that its difficult because of x/y/z; GV&V is dark with few bright spots because of x/y/z, pretty handy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Thanks a lot! How many pages would you need to be writing for the comparative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Sometimes we do the 70 mark ones and sometimes we do the 30 + 40 ones :) My teacher gave us a sample 70 mark one that ended up being around 5 pages (it was typed in a small font but had about 800 words), and he said we should write 1 for the 30m (a) part and 2 for the (b) part. Realistically though, because you need to tell the stories in that page, you'll end up with a bit more. I write around 2 for a parts and 3 for b parts, so if I was doing a 70 mark one I'd do around 5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

around 4 and a half!! but its not about quantity. Some one can have 5 pages of rubbish and someone could have 2 pages and get better marks.

Advertisement