Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should this chocolate & olive truffle receipe work?

Options
  • 23-12-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,489 ✭✭✭✭

there are no reviews for it but in taste terms should it work?

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/24998/chocolate-and-spanish-olive-truffles.aspx

Preparation method
    Prep: 15 mins | Extra time: 6 hours, chilling
    1.Take 150g of black olives and blend them into a rough paste with a food processor.
    2.Place a medium sized pot with the double cream over a low heat. When this is almost at boiling point, turn off the heat and add the chopped dark chocolate, orange zest and the olive pate.
    3.Mix the truffle mixture well with a spatula until you have a smooth texture.
    4.The mix should still be warm, now add the chopped butter to give extra shine and silkiness to the truffles mix.
    5.Cover the pot with cling film and cool down in the fridge for a 5-7 hours for the mix to harden so that you can shape it into balls later on.
    6.Once cool and hard, it’s time to make little balls with your hands, shape the mixture and then coat them with cocoa powder.
    Tip
    I recommend placing them back in the fridge to enjoy them cold, as they take longer to melt in your mouth!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I wouldn't go for it myself. But it may work.

A word of caution though - I wouldn't use olives that have been stored in brine for this. They would be too salty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,489 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I wouldn't go for it myself. But it may work.

A word of caution though - I wouldn't use olives that have been stored in brine for this. They would be too salty.

didnt think of the brine, would running / soaking in water work?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

It may help a bit, but not 100% for getting rid of the saltiness.

so far so good, I had a taste the mixture and was expecting a strong taste but there wasnt one.

just to say , went down a treat. It was son's xmas pressie for mom, told her "and theres cherries in it" lol , was surprised to be told afterwards it was olives.

• Advertisement

Nice one! :)

Advertisement