Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: Crew Skills

Options
  • 23-12-2011 11:12am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So how are people finding the Crew Skills. I think it's a really good way of doing it, and a great way of bringing in some cash. Will be even better once i get more companions.

I've gone with Synth, Archaeology and Slicing. Slicing seems to bring in a ton of cash, but i've not done much with Archaeology. Tempted to change it to Diplomacy for the ls/ds points, or maybe Investigation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Kiith wrote: »
    So how are people finding the Crew Skills. I think it's a really good way of doing it, and a great way of bringing in some cash. Will be even better once i get more companions.

I've gone with Synth, Archaeology and Slicing. Slicing seems to bring in a ton of cash, but i've not done much with Archaeology. Tempted to change it to Diplomacy for the ls/ds points, or maybe Investigation.

I am loving it tbh really nice way top craft , How do you find leveling Synth with out underworld trading ? i was tempted to grab slicing too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's a fair amount of stuff I can't craft to be honest. I've not tried to make much useable stuff yet though, and have just been quick levelling it where possible. Didn't even realise i needed a Mission skill for it. Doh!

Going to go for a Armstech, Scavenging and Underworld on my new Smuggler tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm loving it a nice rob from EvE which pretty much does away with powerlevelling and the gold sink that was and makes choosing a profession a very important choice at the start of the game. It'll be interesting to see the minimum real time needed to level a profession to max when someone works that out.

That and I like being able to go outside for a cigarette or whatever and be gathering resources or crafting while I'm gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I am at the moment in crafting 200 on all three skills the level of gear you can make it cool as it is miles better then all the quest rewards bar the orange gear i just sell most of the quest stuff and wear crafted gear , mind you it does get expensive to craft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Crafting armor is pretty pointless atm due to quest rewards being just as good and the insane ease of getting orange armor which are so much better than crafted. At 32 Im wearing all modded except for belt. Slicing and mod crafting skills are such a better option to focus on imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I took Cybertech, Arceology and scavenging. Im gonna drop Arch tho as im not using it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Venom wrote: »
    Crafting armor is pretty pointless atm due to quest rewards being just as good and the insane ease of getting orange armor which are so much better than crafted. At 32 Im wearing all modded except for belt. Slicing and mod crafting skills are such a better option to focus on imho.
    I always found that my crafted stuff was better than anything I got as a quest reward, but the point about oranges is fair. I'm holding onto a few pieces till I can complete a set, but once they're done my armormech will become much less useful to me =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I went armormech, scavenging and underworld. Underworld was annoying as I always got gift missions. Dropped it for slicing and made a fortune

Think I'll replace armortech with cyber tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

liking the way its done

have slicing and scavenging at 400 and armstech at 369 and sweet feck all credits

Grim. wrote: »
    liking the way its done

have slicing and scavenging at 400 and armstech at 369 and sweet feck all credits

I like how the crafting works. Not as grinding as wow. In fairness to armortech the stuff is very useable until other mmos.

So every time I instance or pvp or have more then one companion, it's "BITCHES GET TO WORK!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

I have 400 Armormech and Scavenging atm, on 334 underworld trading atm and it cost's alot to level :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Attackfish

Loving the crew skills, my mate went for the three bio tech ones (bioanylis, biotech and diplomacy) and he made some sweet med pack that has 2.5 cool down heals between 850 and 1000 but it is infinitely reusable, very neat for a lvl 10.

I wonder how long it will be till we have an adroid app that allows us to send our crew off to things while we are "off line" not a fan of these myself (feels a bit like cheating) but can imagine their would be a demand for it. (paid app of course so there is money to be made)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Attackfish wrote: »
    Loving the crew skills, my mate went for the three bio tech ones (bioanylis, biotech and diplomacy) and he made some sweet med pack that has 2.5 cool down heals between 850 and 1000 but it is infinitely reusable, very neat for a lvl 10.

Know if that can be bought.
    Attackfish wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will be till we have an adroid app that allows us to send our crew off to things while we are "off line" not a fan of these myself (feels a bit like cheating) but can imagine their would be a demand for it. (paid app of course so there is money to be made)

Be cool but as they have not released an app to work instead of the security key that they're selling, it be a while.

Varik wrote: »
    Be cool but as they have not released an app to work instead of the security key that they're selling, it be a while.

what do you mean, they do have a security key app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's a mix between the WOW method and Eve Online method, perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Varik wrote: »

they do have the security key. I have it on my ipod touch and it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

what do you mean, they do have a security key app?
    Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    they do have the security key. I have it on my ipod touch and it works great.

i stand corrected, vendor here i come(eventually).

Advertisement