Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Oysters in Waterford

• 23-12-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

I am new to boards.ie but I was advised by a friend to come here and try my arm.

I am looking to get my hands on a Dozen fresh oysters for Xmas morning. Its a family tradition but this year we have been left down because we had ordered from superquinn but someone had robbed there supply of fresh shelfish yesterday morning so they couldnt supply our order.

I am after trying all the other fish shops and supplyers in waterford that I know of, I am just wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of some unknow place :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

try Flanagans wholesalers in the industrial estate.. they might know somewhere if they dont have em

http://www.flanaganfish.ie/

or maybe the fish shop in dunmore east, sorry dont have their number

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Justin_Brophey

Thanks I tried Flanagans yesterday, Going to take a spin out to Dunmore and see if these guys have any http://www.wbs-irl.com/ for some reson the phone is not ringning out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Would Ardkeen Stores be worth checking out? They often have different stuff to some shops.

(Just a suggestion. I've never bought oysters before.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Justin_Brophey

I rang them yesterday as well. They couldnt help me out either because of the late notice.

Thanks for the help guys.

I rang them yesterday as well. They couldnt help me out either because of the late notice.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Off to Galway with you so! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

As far as I know they only export, but might be worth giving Harty's in An Rinn a shout? http://www.irishqualityoysters.ie/Producers/Default.478.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I think there is a chap that sells fish from a truck in kilmeaden. Might be worth a spin out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

There is a fish shop in Ballybricken as well, i cant think of the name at the moment!

Spadzy wrote: »
    There is a fish shop in Ballybricken as well, i cant think of the name at the moment!
    Billy Burke's

Advertisement