Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line down

Options
  • 23-12-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Sent a PM last night to one of the Eircom rep accounts, but not sure if that particular person is around today. If anyone's around from Eircom can you let me know and I'll PM you my number.

Broadband was a little bit patchy over the last two weeks or so. Then yesterday the phone started constantly ringing and when you picked it up it would just say No Connection. As soon as you put it back down it would start ringing again. We ended up taking the batteries out to make it stop. Yesterday too the broadband would constantly drop - we'd reset the modem and it would connect for a minute but then as soon as we tried to access the Internet it would knock off again and the light would go red.

Today there's no dial tone on the phone at all, and the modem can't connect at all, just constantly flashes on the DSL light.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Branoic wrote: »
    Hi there. Sent a PM last night to one of the Eircom rep accounts, but not sure if that particular person is around today. If anyone's around from Eircom can you let me know and I'll PM you my number.

Broadband was a little bit patchy over the last two weeks or so. Then yesterday the phone started constantly ringing and when you picked it up it would just say No Connection. As soon as you put it back down it would start ringing again. We ended up taking the batteries out to make it stop. Yesterday too the broadband would constantly drop - we'd reset the modem and it would connect for a minute but then as soon as we tried to access the Internet it would knock off again and the light would go red.

Today there's no dial tone on the phone at all, and the modem can't connect at all, just constantly flashes on the DSL light.

Thanks.

Thank you for your post and PM.

I have logged a fault on your phoneline with the eircom Faults Team. Currently they are experiencing a large volume of faults due to recent adverse weather conditions. The Faults team advise that your fault has now been logged and it may take up to 4 working days to resolve.

If you need an update on the fault status, you can track your fault online at www.eircom.ie or via the 'My eircom' Facility -

My eircom - View - Pay your bill online - Check broadband usage - See your current products - Get support: bit.ly/myeircom - My eircom

You can also call the Faults Team directly : 1901 freefone

I have also tested your phone line and can confirm there appears to be a fault with the line. Until your phoneline is repaired, your broadband will not work. Once the phoneline is repaired, your broadband should return. If not, please let me know, or contact Broadband Support.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hi Ant. Thanks for that. Bummer being without a phone line or Internet access over the Christmas :( but can't be helped.

I checked the status of the fault this morning and the automated system said it was being worked on at the moment and estimated to be fixed within 1 working day.

Is today a working day? Is it likely to be back up today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Branoic,

Thanks for your post. I've checked for an update on your line fault. This has been assigned to the engineering crew and is still being worked on.

Today is a working day. I would hope this fault will be resolved by tormorrow.

Season's greetings
    Ant

Branoic wrote: »
    Hi Ant. Thanks for that. Bummer being without a phone line or Internet access over the Christmas :( but can't be helped.

I checked the status of the fault this morning and the automated system said it was being worked on at the moment and estimated to be fixed within 1 working day.

Is today a working day? Is it likely to be back up today?

Advertisement