Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Profiles help

Options
  • 23-12-2011 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just want to get this right for little man on Christmas day. Ok , so have new 4gb console unopened till 25th. Old arcade console e74 errored twice with a usb stick with saved games on it and an old memory card that came with it. My profiles are on this card. I will be getting xbox livegold on the day. I have had this before and profiles are on there too?. Can i download my profile when linked to live or will i have to copy profile from the old memory card? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If it was an Xbox Live profile (even free/Silver) then you can simply download it if you know the WLID and password.

Do not leave it until the 25th to test the console.

Open it now and test it, so that you can still go back to the retailer if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

Sounds like your going to have a problem with the memory card as the new slim xbox's do not accept the old memory cards,

to transfer the data from that you will need a old xbox, put in both the memory card and the usb stick and transfer all the content from the memory card to the usb and just use the usb on the new xbox,

as the previous guy mentions testing the xbox thats not really necessary as the chances of it being DOA are very slim, (pun intended)

as the previous guy mentions testing the xbox thats not really necessary as the chances of it being DOA are very slim, (pun intended)

That's not what I said at all.

TEST THE CONSOLE TONIGHT SO YOU CAN GO BACK TO THE RETAILER TOMORROW IF ANYTHING IS WRONG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

i dont see how testing it has any bearing, if its a present for someone there gonna know if the console was opened and tested, it will be highly unlikely the console will not work when he goes to use it,

his memory card Q's have no relation to testing the xbox so i fail to see your point in suggesting testing it at all

i dont see how testing it has any bearing, if its a present for someone there gonna know if the console was opened and tested, it will be highly unlikely the console will not work when he goes to use it,

his memory card Q's have no relation to testing the xbox so i fail to see your point in suggesting testing it at all

This is why:
    Just want to get this right for little man on Christmas day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Well. thanks all. Everything went great. Downloaded profile and signed up cheap to xboxlive. Does anyone use the cloud storage for saved games on here. Is it reliable?

Advertisement