Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political babes

Options
  • 23-12-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is ok with the females of the forum (put some Scandi guys up if you like) but I just saw this blog
    http://changfrick.se/2011/07/apropa-brudar/

For me it's a toss-up between AnnaSofia Alexandersson or Hanna Wigh...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

biko wrote: »
    Hope this is ok with the females of the forum (put some Scandi guys up if you like) but I just saw this blog
    http://changfrick.se/2011/07/apropa-brudar/

For me it's a toss-up between AnnaSofia Alexandersson or Hanna Wigh...

Toss up or toss off? Yes, indeed, the political parties' youth organisations in Sweden definitely attract some fine-looking chicks. The two you mention are also members of parties with palatable policies, Social Democrats and Greens respectively. The guy who runs the blog belongs to the xenophobic Swedish Democrats party, people with whom I would prefer not to have anything to do.:eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_Democrats

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moar babe pics, less politics :)

Feel free to start a new thread on Sverigedemokraterna if you like.
    I voted SD so can explain some things for you.

Feel free to start a new thread on Sverigedemokraterna if you like.
    I voted SD so can explain some things for you.

No, thanks! I find them a rather unappealing subject and suppose they will disappear in time. Besides, few people in Ireland would know much about them.

Just because you voted SD doesn't necessarily mean that you can explain anything to me or anyone else. I, too, have voted for them in the past, and also worked for one who won a Nobel Prize, but feel it would be arrogant on my part to believe it gave me a special competence to explain things to people.

And if it's babe pics you want, here's one. She's a social democrat, and one who has remained good-looking once she grew out of her twenties:

juttunamasukat4MP_uu.jpg

Well I could explain that Hanna Wigh is one of your disliked Sweden democrats, not a Social democrat...

65467.jpg

You say you have previously voted Sweden democrats. I wonder, why did you leave?

Sorry if I came across as arrogant earlier but I note you didn't even ask why myself or anyone would vote for SD, I suppose you think you know why.
    I wanted to explain because Sweden is one of the last countries to have a conservative/nationalistic party.
    I've been Green party all my life and did get a lot of similar stick from others when we were new. But the Greens are still around.
    The simple reason I left them was when the Green party decided to stop demanding Sweden leave EU, something that was a cornerstone for me. The only other party still with that demand was V, the far left, and although I am quite lefty myself I wouldn't join that crappy party.
    Denmark and Norway have had nationalistic parties for many years, Ireland has SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

SD are racists. The irony of trying to justify voting for them, by comparing them to a party that had its own paramilitary wing!

• Advertisement

Well I could explain that Hanna Wigh is one of your disliked Sweden democrats, not a Social democrat...

65467.jpg

You say you have previously voted Sweden democrats. I wonder, why did you leave?

Sorry if I came across as arrogant earlier but I note you didn't even ask why myself or anyone would vote for SD, I suppose you think you know why.
    I wanted to explain because Sweden is one of the last countries to have a conservative/nationalistic party.
    I've been Green party all my life and did get a lot of similar stick from others when we were new. But the Greens are still around.
    The simple reason I left them was when the Green party decided to stop demanding Sweden leave EU, something that was a cornerstone for me. The only other party still with that demand was V, the far left, and although I am quite lefty myself I wouldn't join that crappy party.
    Denmark and Norway have had nationalistic parties for many years, Ireland has SF.

I think there have been crossed wires her. I said I voted SD in the past, but I meant Social Democrats and thought you did, too. Sorry.:o:o I have lived in Sweden on and off, but am a Finnish citizen. I am glad that I have never voted for any party like the Swedish Democrats. Mind you, I wouldn't mind playing hide the sausage with Hanna Wigh, just as long as she didn't whisper nasty things about invandrare in my ear while I was humping her. :):)

Thanks for your explanation, though. As it happens, I always vote for a green party (Sinn Fein) in Ireland and, generally, for the Greens in Finland, although I have voted Social Democrat, Svenska Folkparti and, once, even Conservative in Presidential elections. I'm pretty sure I'll vote for Sauli Niinistö (a rational, moderate conservative) in the presidential election in two months' time. Anything to stop Timo Soini, who leads the nationalist, xenophobic, racist, homophobic, anti-environmentalist Sannfinländare, and is a former Maynooth student , a convert to Catholicism and has said on TV that he opposes abortion in all circumstances, even for a pregnant rape victim. :eek:

Now, another picture for your political babes gallery. I voted for her in the last two Eduskunta/Riksdag elections, but she failed narrowly to get in. However, she (Zahra Abdullah) is now on her fourth term as a Helsinki City Councillor.

God jul, Biko
    zahra_abdulla_670px.jpg?1296648798

Ush, the reason I brought SF up is because they are a nationalist party, in that they wanted governance over all of Ireland by the Irish government, not the British.
    SD are nationalist, in that they want governance over Sweden by the Swedish government, not the EU.
    Both countries have been in the EU a very long time and neither has been able to influence EU politics, which is dominated by Germany and France.

Ellis, fingers crossed she gets in next time. We need more women in politics.

SD is a racist party. Voting for them is a racist act. Feeling the need to explain voting for them speaks volumes.

Kinda have to speak volumes when you won't say anything other than "racist racist" and nothing else :D
    Perhaps you can elaborate on why you think so and what your own background is?

For anyone who understands Swedish
    Jan Guillou and the red Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet did an expose on SD, could be worth a read
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article12044661.ab

More Jan Guillou on the same article when he comes to the conclusion they are not racist.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB9E9E-KPg0

The political climate in Sweden is that anyone who objects to the very large immigration policy is just called "racist" and ignored, like the posts from ush above.
    Even when the black Swedish rapper Ken Ring (brilliant rapper btw) said he thought Sweden was taking in too many, too fast, he was attacked - and he was an immigrant himself... You can see how infected this issue is.
    http://nyheter24.se/noje/gatuplan/202807-nabila-gar-till-attack-mot-ken-ring
    http://nyheter24.se/noje/gatuplan/202871-ken-rasar-efter-nabilas-attack

Oh and the pic

Paulina Neuding, liberal political journo, not actually politician.
    paulina.neuding.jpg

• Advertisement

Kinda have to speak volumes when you won't say anything other than "racist racist" and nothing else :D

There isn't any redeeming quality to SD. Voting for them is a racist act.

Meh, you're not even posting pics of babes.

Yeah, lets reduce intelligent politically active women to babes! Gudrun Schyman will sort you out with her strap on.

Gudrun, rawr
    1235945_520_302.jpg

Icelands Prime minister Johanna Sigurdardottir is still a looker, too bad she got married to Jónína Leósdóttir.
    johanna-sigurdardottir.jpg

Every single woman in this thread doesn't only have looks but also the smarts and the stamina to make it to the top in a very testosterone-heavy political game. Fair play and hopefully one day we'll have a 50/50 government, like Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

The political climate in Sweden is that anyone who objects to the very large immigration policy is just called "racist" and ignored

It Seems to be like that everywhere though, people just can't understand the difference between someone that is anti- immigration for race related reasons, and someone that thinks there is too much immigration, or that it needs to be controlled better.

I don't know that much about SD but jimmie åkesson( spelling?) doesn't seem to be a great in interviews, or as good at putting his points forward as say Geert Wilders.

Advertisement