Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Payslip Advise VEC

• 23-12-2011 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I've removed everything that can identify me including figures but I'm looking for help interpreting my pay slip this month.
    I'm aware I'm on emergency tax so I would lose quite a bit but I can't figure out why there are three different figures of earnings in my Gross Pay column

Class III point one
    Part time Pay
    Basic Pay S

All are quite substantial figures and I'm terrified I'm gonna end up with money taken off me next month as I've been overpaid!

Anyone know what these three are?

Untitled-3.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Ok on further analysis I've figured out that the part time pay is a combination of the hours subbed in the vtos centre as well as the additional ones in the school. I reckon the top figure is my pay as per my contracted hours ie class III point 3 but I still can't figure out the BASIC PAY S one? Is it possible its rebate because I have been on the wrong salary scale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Were you on the wrong salary scale previous to this payslip?

Best thing would be to ring the VEC after Christmas unless the offices are open today.

Class III Point 3 is the first entry point on the old scale, so I assume you had hours working before the cut was instigated in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Were you on the wrong salary scale previous to this payslip?

Best thing would be to ring the VEC after Christmas unless the offices are open today.

Class III Point 3 is the first entry point on the old scale, so I assume you had hours working before the cut was instigated in January.

They're closed, will def ring. Ya it turned out the department of education were paying me the unqualified rate though I was entitled to qualified so I've been waitin for them to rectify their systems before notifying the vec of the correct point. In the meantime the vec have been paying me on the new scales. I just got a rebate from the department two weeks ago so maybe the actually did remember to tell the vec!

Advertisement