Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple tv in Limerick

• 23-12-2011 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

do you know if there's shop that stock them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Harvey Normans, PC World, CompuB and most probably Currys/Dixons too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Argos are out of stock in all 3 stores in Limerick.

Only mentioned this in case somebody suggests Argos and you are hoping they have it. As of right now they do not. :(

Ring the others before making a trip. It is a popular item and could be hard to find. Also make sure nobody tries to sell you a 1st Generation one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

yeah, tried argos already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Carphone Warehouse in the crescent had one on display last night.

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    yeah, tried argos already :)

Yep, because it's under my tree.(Last one - last week) :p - Sorry :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

I got one in CompuB around 4pm today - there was 3 left..

got one in Harvey's for 119, they had one more left 30 mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

carphone warehouse have a new gadget store nearer the entrance of the mall they're down. They had them in stock yesterday anyway, saw someone buying one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dont know if im allowed ask or not, but does anyone here know someone that can jailbreak them? P.m. me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Have a go yourself it's not too bad.

• Advertisement

gpf101 wrote: »
    Have a go yourself it's not too bad.
    I have tried probably a hundred times at this stage to do it with the Greenpoison programme, it gets to the end stage where it says it is jailbreaking but the green progress bar never completes!

the newest ones (and the one I got in Harvey's is amongst them with the software version 4.4.3) are not "fully" jailbroken yet. it's tethered jailbreak, which means you'd have to repeat it if you turn it off for some reason. word on the street is tha untethered hack will show up in few days

edit:
    http://appletvblogr.com/2011/12/untethered-jailbreak-confirmed-for-apple-tv-4-3-3/

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    the newest ones (and the one I got in Harvey's is amongst them with the software version 4.4.3) are not "fully" jailbroken yet. it's tethered jailbreak, which means you'd have to repeat it if you turn it off for some reason. word on the street is tha untethered hack will show up in few days

edit:
    http://appletvblogr.com/2011/12/untethered-jailbreak-confirmed-for-apple-tv-4-3-3/
    Ah thats just my luck, 120 quid wasted for the moment!

I'm in the same boat, fingers crossed they release it soon :)

Just use Seasonpass to jailbreak it tethered and don't turn it off...

kinda difficult for me to get the pc to living room. need a crane to lift the monster ;)

Ah assumed you had a laptop sorry. Tethered jailbreaks are actually way less hassle then people make them out to be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I have an untethered 4.3 aTV2 with xbmc installed for sale on adverts if anyone is looking for one :D

yeah, I spotted this the other day. 2 days earlier and I'd bought it off you

btw: http://www.ijailbreak.com/jailbreak/seas0npass-untethered-apple-tv-2g-jailbreak-coming-soon/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks, if you want to discuss how to jailbreak an Apple device please use the Apple forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Discussing jailbreaks is allowed in the apple forum if you're looking for info

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    Discussing jailbreaks is allowed in the apple forum if you're looking for info
    But is that forum not part of Boards? Im confused!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I edited my post, please goto the Apple forum to discuss jailbreaking, they are more accustomed to dealing with issues around the legality of bypassing security of devices that we would be here.

But is that forum not part of Boards? Im confused!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055508399

I got mine on Christmas day, spent many hours Jailbreaking it because of the new 4.4.4 Software, installed XBMC(more problems) and now up and running. Missus is watching a movie on it right now.

Advertisement