Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU Part Time PDE - Late Applications?

• 23-12-2011 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I am currently a final year student in Trinity and am interested in the 2 year part time Postgraduate Diploma in Education in DCU. I am aware that the closing date for applications was December 9th. I have applied for the PDE in all of the NUIs and in Trinity but did not apply for the DCU course because it was part time and I initially wanted to get my diploma finished in a year. Following the budget, it became clear that I would not receive a maintenance grant for my postgraduate education. Also, I have very recently been in contact with the principal of my old secondary school who has recommended the DCU course to me and has offered me work within the school, should I gain a place on the part time course. As you can appreciate, given this job offer and the impact which the budget has had on my personal financial situation, I now have a very keen interest in DCU's part time course. Ideally, I would like to apply for 2012 entry but, as the application date has passed, I was wondering if any late applications will be accepted. I have attempted to fill out the form on the pac website but am just told that the closing date has passed and have directly emailed the course co-ordinator, whose contact information I got from my brother who is in DCU.
    Has anyone had a similar experience with this course? I know there is a late application date for the NUI courses/Trinity course but there doesn't seem to be one for DCU.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Hibernia have a part time dip in education for second level too now. They recruit students on a rolling basis as far as I know. Maybe try them too.

Advertisement