Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late rent, difficult tenant

Options
  • 23-12-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hello
    I have tenants 13 months in the property, they are two months behind in rent despite numerous calls and discussions. I'm registered with that waste of space toothless dog aka ptrb. Can I terminate under the required 42 day period? My account is in dire straits as a result of this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

david4791 wrote: »
    Hello
    I have tenants 13 months in the property, they are two months behind in rent despite numerous calls and discussions. I'm registered with that waste of space toothless dog aka ptrb. Can I terminate under the required 42 day period? My account is in dire straits as a result of this

I think you first need to issue a letter claiming for arrears to be paid within 10 days (could actually be 14 days). Then, if arrears remain unpaid, you must issue a notice to quit. The notice period as defined in the lease agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

If you go to the PRTB site, you can download in pdf format (and I think in Word Format as well) samples of both the Rent Arrears 14 day notice and the Notice of Termination.

Follow the PRTB guidelines with both documents.

If the tenants pay up within the period of the 14 days notice, you cannot continue with an eviction for rent arrears.

Have the tenants signed a new Fixed Term lease or have you let them have a Part 4 lease?
    I have tenants 13 months in the property, they are two months behind in rent despite numerous calls and discussions. I'm registered with that waste of space toothless dog aka ptrb.

You're calling the PRTB names but it is you who has let the tenants go two months in arrears, not the PRTB.

It would also appear that you are not familiar with the RTA 2004 regulations as regards rent arrears. Do you know all your obligations and the tenants obligations?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

I actually dont Odds on, can you advise or send link please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

david4791 wrote: »
    I actually dont Odds on, can you advise or send link please

Excellent page to book mark on the PRTB site.
    http://public.prtb.ie/act.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement