Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Connection Constantly Up and Down

Options
  • 23-12-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

I've had this problem for years now and gotten no solution from phone support. My connection drops a lot, often every 5 minutes. It makes playing online gaming impossible and it is very frustrating in general.

After a long time of bothering phone support, we finally got a new router sent out. However, this has not solved the issue at all.

I can still access the router administration page when the connection goes down, and I see:

eircom broadband: Disconnected
    DSL Mode: Down

It's gotten worse recently, to the point that I can't rely on my connection to be there when I want to go online.

I hope this can be solved as I have put up with it for long enough, but am very close to switching to someone else with more reliable service.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Thanks for your post.

Can you PM your home phone or Account number and I will look into your query.

Regards,
    Ant
    syncosised wrote: »
    I've had this problem for years now and gotten no solution from phone support. My connection drops a lot, often every 5 minutes. It makes playing online gaming impossible and it is very frustrating in general.

After a long time of bothering phone support, we finally got a new router sent out. However, this has not solved the issue at all.

I can still access the router administration page when the connection goes down, and I see:

It's gotten worse recently, to the point that I can't rely on my connection to be there when I want to go online.

I hope this can be solved as I have put up with it for long enough, but am very close to switching to someone else with more reliable service.

Thanks.[/QUOTE

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Thanks, Ant, PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

syncosised wrote: »

Thanks.
    syncosised, if you DM me with your phone number I will look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sacon

I have been having the same issue, it did not bother me too much until i started online gaming and it gets very annoying, can you help me too? (its been like this for years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi sacon,

Thank you for posting on the eircom Forum.

The following may be helpful to you in troubleshooting any intermittent wireless or broadband connection, specifically when using gaming /or games consoles :

Set up Gaming and your WiFi Gadget

INTERMITTENT CONNECTION ISSUES:

Firstly, just to advise, there may be no reported connection problems in your area.

Intermittency or intermittent sync is often caused by interference on your internal phone wiring system. The following quick Broadband Check will help determine where this interference lies. Your modem itself may not be the source of the problem. Before you try the Broadband Checklist, please do a quick maintenance check on the modem:

Powercycle the modem:
    Flick the power switch to the Off position on the back of the modem
    Wait 30 seconds
    Switch the modem back On
    Wait two minutes for the modem to re-connect

*It is important that you temporarily disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. Remove the adsl splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket.

Are you connecting Wirelessly?

If you are connecting over wireless, try to connect your computer directly to the modem over Ethernet (normally yellow cable - rj45) if possible. This will help rule out any local wireless issues.

Find the Master or Main Phone Socket (mdp)

If you are unsure about this, take a look at our Broaband Checklist below

Broadband Checklist - http://bit.ly/BroadbandCheck

If you are still experiencing connection problems, or intermittent sync, after testing your connection as advised, then try a full hard reset of your modem. To do this - follow the instuction on our Support Forum website -

Resetting the Modem - http://bit.ly/modemReset

If you are still experiencing slow connections after resetting the modem, then you will need to call into Broadband Support -

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call time and help if you need to follow up. Alternatively, let us know your case id and we can follow this up as well with Technical Support.

Kind regards,

Ant
    sacon wrote: »
    I have been having the same issue, it did not bother me too much until i started online gaming and it gets very annoying, can you help me too? (its been like this for years)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sacon

Hi sacon,

Thank you for posting on the eircom Forum.

The following may be helpful to you in troubleshooting any intermittent wireless or broadband connection, specifically when using gaming /or games consoles :

Set up Gaming and your WiFi Gadget

INTERMITTENT CONNECTION ISSUES:

Firstly, just to advise, there may be no reported connection problems in your area.

Intermittency or intermittent sync is often caused by interference on your internal phone wiring system. The following quick Broadband Check will help determine where this interference lies. Your modem itself may not be the source of the problem. Before you try the Broadband Checklist, please do a quick maintenance check on the modem:

Powercycle the modem:
    Flick the power switch to the Off position on the back of the modem
    Wait 30 seconds
    Switch the modem back On
    Wait two minutes for the modem to re-connect

*It is important that you temporarily disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. Remove the adsl splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket.

Are you connecting Wirelessly?

If you are connecting over wireless, try to connect your computer directly to the modem over Ethernet (normally yellow cable - rj45) if possible. This will help rule out any local wireless issues.

Find the Master or Main Phone Socket (mdp)

If you are unsure about this, take a look at our Broaband Checklist below

Broadband Checklist - http://bit.ly/BroadbandCheck

If you are still experiencing connection problems, or intermittent sync, after testing your connection as advised, then try a full hard reset of your modem. To do this - follow the instuction on our Support Forum website -

Resetting the Modem - http://bit.ly/modemReset

If you are still experiencing slow connections after resetting the modem, then you will need to call into Broadband Support -

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call time and help if you need to follow up. Alternatively, let us know your case id and we can follow this up as well with Technical Support.

Kind regards,

Ant[/quote

I'm having the same problem again with this, cuts off constantly just after we sign new contract

Advertisement