Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog missing

Options
  • 23-12-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi guys hope ok to post this here. My friend and here 2 nine year old sons are missing their dog terribly.

IT will be lonely christmas if he is not found :(

Went missing from Barna woods and may have been seen yesterday in woodquay/headford shopping centre area.

Thanks kindly
    album.php?albumid=1951

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

That's awful! What kind of a dog is he? Any photo you can share or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Soz tried to upload pic there.. He is a golden retriever 9 months old his name is Alfie.

picture.php?albumid=1951&pictureid=11497picture.php?albumid=1951&pictureid=11497

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lovely dog. Will keep an eye out if in that area, at least it's kinda warm out so he should be ok if he stays out of the rain.
    Did you post in Lost/Found in Animals forum too?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You need to contact the Dog Warden urgently & report the dog as missing. If you can't make contact then go to the Pound & leave a note. Then notify the Guards - I would notify Salthill & Mill Street separately.

Next phone every local Vet - you need to do this tomorrow morning. Then call MADRA, GSPCA, East Galway Animal Rescue. If you can't get through then email them or post on their facebook pages.

Make sure you post in the Animal & Pet section here.

If you google "missing dogs ireland" you will see some other sites where you can post details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Have shared on the MADRA page, hope you find him!

Discodog wrote: »
    You need to contact the Dog Warden urgently & report the dog as missing. If you can't make contact then go to the Pound & leave a note. Then notify the Guards - I would notify Salthill & Mill Street separately.

Next phone every local Vet - you need to do this tomorrow morning. Then call MADRA, GSPCA, East Galway Animal Rescue. If you can't get through then email them or post on their facebook pages.

Make sure you post in the Animal & Pet section here.

If you google "missing dogs ireland" you will see some other sites where you can post details.
    Thanks discodog I believe she has notified all posibilities. Thought boards might help too.

Valerie Hughes does a request show tomorrow (Saturday) morning on Galway Bay FM. She is a real dog lover & I am sure that she would broadcast an appeal. The show starts at 9am so I would contact the station asap. Really stress the upset child angle in case someone is thinking of keeping the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Ive put the details out on Twitter & will keep an eye out for him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Seen the notice in the shopping centre earlier. Is there a good chance he is in that area?
    Im usually floating around there with my dog so will look out.
    Best of luck finding him.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    Valerie Hughes does a request show tomorrow (Saturday) morning on Galway Bay FM. She is a real dog lover & I am sure that she would broadcast an appeal. The show starts at 9am so I would contact the station asap. Really stress the upset child angle in case someone is thinking of keeping the dog.

Thanks discodog, I just checked back with boards there so missed programme. No word yet. :mad:

I would still ask GBFM if they would broadcast an appeal.

Hey guys .. dog may have been spotted in newcastle..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is he just running loose or something? Where are ye getting the reports from?

Is he just running loose or something? Where are ye getting the reports from?

Dog went from Barna woods on 22nd since then replys to posters and notifications have giving various whereabouts of what looks like Alfie.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

any news on the pooch? im off tomorrow and i will be spending a few hours looking for the dog so, any more pics would be a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AlisonMc

Alfie is still missing. We have been searching 5 full days now :( there have been no sightings since Christmas Eve in Newcastle and that itself may not have been him. My 2 little men are so upset. They bought him themselves with all their communion money in May as our previous retriever was killed the month before in hit and run. I am offering a reward now for his safe return. Should anyone know of anything please call me on <PM user instead>. Many thanks to you all who have been keeping a look out for him. We really are so grateful. Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

AlisonMc wrote: »
    Alfie is still missing. We have been searching 5 full days now :( there have been no sightings since Christmas Eve in Newcastle and that itself may not have been him. My 2 little men are so upset. They bought him themselves with all their communion money in May as our previous retriever was killed the month before in hit and run. I am offering a reward now for his safe return. Should anyone know of anything please call me on <PM user instead>. Many thanks to you all who have been keeping a look out for him. We really are so grateful. Merry Christmas.

any more pics? i will be looking for a few hours tomorrow and thursday. dont want to be a pest to every person i see with a lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AlisonMc

Thank you very much but for now I dont have another pic that I can upload from my phone but will get to a computer tmrw and upload then. Many thanks for your help.

You need to get an appeal on the radio. Contact GBFM & the Galway Advertiser asap. Get them to publish a pic of the dog & the children. There is a possibility that someone has taken him in. Keep following up with the Guards & the Dog Warden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Seen over on fb that this guy was reunited with his family today.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yay! \o/

Dog Back all happy ever after :):)

Yay doncha love the happy ending threads..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good stuff, glad he's back home again after the adventure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement