Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Ask, You Lose?

Options
  • 23-12-2011 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

As a regular viewer and occasional poster in the YLYL thread I have to say I am a might bit confused what the rules are. Is there no chat, at all, ever. Or is there some allowed, as in asking for clarification on what a joke is?

I am gettin a little peeved at this no chat rule, yeah I see there is no excessive chatting, that's grand, no one wants that. But it seems whenever there are a couple of posts regarding an image, some comedian posts the same darn 'That's a Paddlin' Jasper pic.

Unless they are seeing loads posts that have since been deleted, then grand. Guess it just irks me there are a small army of backseat mods in the thread waiting to jump in on a couple of posters not really disrupting the thread by posting with that same old pic or something equally obnoxious.
    Post edited by Shield on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

WindSock wrote: »
    But it seems whenever there are a couple of posts regarding an image, some comedian posts the same darn 'That's a Paddlin' Jasper pic.
    I agree with this, it's tiresome and irritating.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Technically that jasper pic is a repost of a repost of a repost ...ad infinitum. Anyone posting it should be banned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Some posters think there's some sort of oblig pic rule too.

There is no such rule.

There has never been such a rule!

But with regard to Jasper I'll snip the fecker if I see him again cos it's kinda backseat modding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Some posters think there's some sort of oblig pic rule too.

There is no such rule.

There has never been such a rule!

But with regard to Jasper I'll snip the fecker if I see him again cos it's kinda backseat modding.

Thanks dr.b. You're a real pal!

AABF02.jpg

Seriously though...so there is a little chat allowed then?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The system works.

Merry Christmas everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 johncyrus

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

WindSock wrote: »
    Seriously though...so there is a little chat allowed then?
    A little bit, yeah. I couldn't give a figure on how many posts would be allowed though. Like, this is fine:
    meme_2.jpg
    Who's that?
    Former American VP, Spiro Agnew.
    (4) Thanks from: Beruthiel, Frada, WindSock, Jesus.

This is not:
    meme_2.jpg
    Who's that?
    Former American VP, Spiro Agnew.
    lol! More like Spiro Fagnew!
    lol! More like Spiro Newfag!
    Rules 1+2, man. :mad:
    How 'bout giving me the old 1,2? ;););)
    wtf how come he's allowed to call Spiro Agnew a fag and I can't say Steve Jobs is a paedophile hours after he died? Mods are ****ing hyprocrites.
    So we're trying to go by the common sense system when it comes to deleting or allowing chat posts. And I, for one, will delete any of those Jasper posts if I see them.
    Hope that clears stuff up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

So Steve Jobs isn't a zombie pedobear?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The way I see it is, chat is allowed, but at a minimum. It's a picture thread. While some chat comments can be pretty funny, chat leads to more chat which leads to bitching about chat/Jasper pics. Or, chat leads to 'oblig pics' which are usually either reposts or just a quick picture someone put in so as not to have their chat deleted.

Basically, if it's a pic that really requires the need the ask for an explanation, fire ahead. Once it's explained, stop chat. If it's chat to say a pic isn't funny, don't.
    Orion wrote: »
    So Steve Jobs isn't a zombie pedobear?

Undead pedobear. Zombies are a sub-species of the undead who only eat brains. They tend not to have any sexual preferences.

Advertisement