Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Michael Buble the Bubluonic plague of popular music?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rigsby wrote: »
    Fair comment, as this is how you perceive his music. For the record, I'm not a fan of his either. The reason why he is popular ? Others perceive him differently to us. No mystery there. ;)

Absolutely. I just think he is so so bland. Same way I think Subo and Mary Byrne are so so bland. People like it, so be it. Not for me. One thing I hate is musical snobbery. I don't give a toss who sings it, writes it, or composes it, if it hits MY ears, and I am moved, I will say so. Too many people have closed minds when they hear a piece of music or if it's associated with a particular person. They cannot separate the music, and the voice, from the person and the genre. It's downright silly.

I hate hearing this "guilty pleasure" crap from people. Take Abba for example. Fantastic band, great performers, singers, and amazing tracks, yet many folks seem to think it's odd to like them?:rolleyes:

Also, many folks cannot separate a good singer, great singer, from a good writer, or great writer. Bob Dylan could write songs, but I wouldn't cross the road to listen to him singing them. Elvis wrote nothing, but boy god could he deliver a vocal performance.

Westlife. Wrote nothing and play nothing, but so what. They can perform, and at least two of them are fine singers.

You always hear, "They don't play instruments and can't write their own material." So ****ing what. I listen to a CD to hear music and to listen to a singing of a tune. I don't give a toss who wrote it.

Advertisement