Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas dinner in Cork?

Options
  • 23-12-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hey

Does anybody know any hotels that serve Christmas dinner on the 25th in or near the city? We've had a very badly timed mouse infestation and we'd rather just eat somewhere else this Christmas. Thanks is advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The Metropole I believe has a Christmas dinner. I wouldn't bother personally though.

Hayfield manor is usually excellent, might want to ring and book (not sure) here's the website.

Hope it works out for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

the ibis hotel used to do it, worth ringing around a few hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Thanks very much for your replies. We have been phoning around. The Metropole is booked out and everywhere else just does it for residents. We'll keep trying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

The Imperial also does Christmas Dinner. You might end up having to book in somewhere to avail of Christmas Dinner. Is the mouse infestation that bad... have they eaten the turkey. Could you not grin and bear it and put down the traps and kill the little feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The Radisson in Little Island did last year.
    I heard it wasn't that good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

If you have'nt confirmed Christmas Dinner with an establishment yet, ask if they will let you rest up after the meal. I heard about a hotel in Dublin about 10 years ago, who gave Christmas Dinner On Christmas Day..and then..after the meal was eaten.."Right everybody.. off home with you!!"

Advertisement