Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a 3d compatible graphics card

Options
  • 23-12-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

have a panasonic gt30 connected to my pc
    i want to get a graphics card that allows me to play 3d videos

currently i have an asus hd4670 which says it has some 3d settings but from a quick google it seems only recent cards are compatible

any ideas what s best for a budget 50-100? not interested in gaming

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

you're looking for a recent nvidia card or a 5000 series AMD card iirc for 3D support. also HDMI 1.4a

I'm fairly sure the best possible budget card is a HD6450. scan.co.uk has passive ones for under €30. they use under 25W with full load so unless you have an ancient psu you should be grand.

what 3D content is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i was looking at this one

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/10_GRPCARD/11_NVIDIA/productdetails/80001158/MSI_GeForce_N430GT_MD1GD3_LP_1GB_PCI_E/N430GT_MD1GD3_LP/default.aspx

it seems to have good reviews

mainly i am looking at 3d mkv files, i think they are defined as side-by-side

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

The 430 doesn't support 3d movies. Check here for a list of compatible cards

edit: Actually I may be wrong, some other sources suggest it does support 3d playback

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The 430 doesn't support 3d movies. Check here for a list of compatible cards

edit: Actually I may be wrong, some other sources suggest it does support 3d playback

That first list is for playing back 3D Blu Ray discs I believe. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

is the 3d of a graphic s card only compatible for the tv listed? i dont see the gt30 mentnioned but i see some panasonic vt listed

• Advertisement
Advertisement