Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polls system is a bit silly now tbh.

Options
  • 23-12-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

So when you choose to add a poll to a thread, it brings you to another page where you sort out all the poll questions and answers.

Meanwhile in the background, your thread has already been posted without the poll! So people will go to your thread which mentions the poll, but there will be no poll, because the author is away configuring the poll before attaching it to the thread.

Can you sort it so that the thread doesn't go live until the poll is arranged?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just stick a message in your first post to the effect of "Poll coming shortly".
    I do.
    Regulars know if that if you say in the title or first post, that a poll is coming or part of the thread, they will wait a few minutes and return to vote if need be.

When your poll is posted, edit the "Poll coming shortly" out.
    Its a bit of a funny way to do it - but its a possible solution for boards.ie and the way the forum set-up works.

I can see where your coming from.
    Other forums allow you to construct your whole post AND poll first before posting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You need to complain to vBulletin, not boards.

I agree, it's not ideal but it's the stock vB poll code that's doing it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Steve wrote: »
    You need to complain to vBulletin, not boards.

I agree, it's not ideal but it's the stock vB poll code that's doing it. :)

Exactly, stock vBulletin coding provides the polls. The new thread is created, and the poll is attached to the thread ID. Not a simple change, and is nowhere on the to-do list. Biggins' solution iso referred if you're posting a thread in a forum like AH that's fast moving

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Post a really boring thread title, then add the poll and change the title back to something people might want to read

Advertisement