Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 inch lcd tv

Options
  • 23-12-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Hi boardsies,

What's the cheapest decent 32" lcd tv on the market at the mo, preferably bricks and mortar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Walker do one for approx 260 sheets. good price. Soundstore in Kerry/Cork have em down this way. Have heard that Harvey Norman does em up the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Walker do one for approx 260 sheets. good price. Soundstore in Kerry/Cork have em down this way. Have heard that Harvey Norman does em up the country.

Walker is muck.Pic and sound quality is muck

LG 32 inch 1080P Full HD/Saorview 249 euo and also Philips 32 inch HD ReadyTVs in Tesco for 249 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

paddy147 wrote: »
    Walker is muck.Pic and sound quality is muck

LG 32 inch 1080P Full HD/Saorview 249 euo and also Philips 32 inch HD ReadyTVs in Tesco for 249 euro.

Alright- you win :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Alright- you win :o

Not about winning.

I compared both TVs in Power City and the sound and pic quality on the Walker is rubbish.

Buts thats just my opinion.

I bought the LG32 inch in Tesso for 249 euro.Brilliant TV,plays DIVX too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

paddy147 wrote: »
    Not about winning.

I compared both TVs in Power City and the sound and pic quality on the Walker is rubbish.

Buts thats just my opinion.

I bought the LG32 inch in Tesso for 249 euro.Brilliant TV,plays DIVX too.:D

Is that all Tescos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

You should get better value than that in a few days time. I'm in Sweden where the vat rate is 25% and there are various 32" LCD tv's from the likes of LG and Samsung for 1790kr-1990kr that's €199-€220 I would have thought that you should be looking at similar prices in the sales.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

That walker is droppin to €199 on 26th for the sale. Good source.

Any other predictions?:D

Preferably DIVX-compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Any other predictions?:D

Preferably DIVX-compatible
    Not yet. Will know more later ( friend is a delivery driver for them ). Then again, dont they run the print for the sales in the daily rags today ?

Keep an eye on the "talk to Currys" forum also. Declan will post soon I'm sure;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

dodzy wrote: »
    That walker is droppin to €199 on 26th for the sale. Good source.

Its a decent TV at that price. Got one for the bedroom about 6 weeks ago from Electro City. Sticker price was €279 then, but got it for €240 as i was getting a lot of stuff that day.

Saorview, HD, Divx and Record to USB. Can't go wrong really if that sale price is correct.

• Advertisement

Duiske wrote: »
    Its a decent TV at that price. Got one for the bedroom about 6 weeks ago from Electro City. Sticker price was €279 then, but got it for €240 as i was getting a lot of stuff that day.

Saorview, HD, Divx and Record to USB. Can't go wrong really if that sale price is correct.
    Model : WP3212LCD
    Specifications
    Walker 32 Lcd Saorview Tv
    50hz 720p Hd Picture
    Live Pause And Record Ready
    2 X Hdmi Digital Connections
    Aertel Mheg5 Teletext
    Rte Digital Radio Tuner
    7 Day Rte Program Guide
    Usb With Jpeg Playback
    Saorview Video Recorder Via Usb
    Scart Connection
    Vga Pc Input
    Headphone Socket
    Vesta Wall Mountable
    Piano Black Finish

I think no divx awwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Is that all Tescos?

No. It was a short-lived anomaly in Artane and perhaps a couple of other stores only.

Personally, I'd also avoid the Walker and recommend the LG32LK450 - Full HD / Divx via USB / Saorview approved etc.

I've purchased my last two 32" TV's from Amazon, though post Christmas, bricks and mortar prices may be as attractive as those online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I think no divx awwww

Model I have is WP3211LCDS. Definately Dvix compatible. When i bought it I was specific that i wanted to be able to play .avi, and even though video formats where not printed on box or in-store brochure, the sales guy knew his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Anyone see any good 32 inch tvs in the sales? Preferable in the Dublin region?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Anyone see any good 32 inch tvs in the sales? Preferable in the Dublin region?

http://www.powercity.ie/?action=&par=10-12&cat=TV+32%22++Screen++++++++&action=brandstory

The Nordmende is €249.95 and has movie playback via usb.The tv isn't 1080p but with a 32" you wouldn't know the difference.

Advertisement