Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everybody hugs

• 23-12-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

So, I was leaving the office today and saying goodbye to my co-workers (who I've only known for a month and a half) and every one of them gave me a hug.

I love it! I never was a big hugger with my family or friends, but my OH's family and friends all hug each other and hug me. I think it's lovely.

Was surprised though that it was so prevalent with all these people that I don't know that well.

Do you guys hug? Do you like it or loath it? I think it's a really nice thing to get into - and it's just the best way to say hello and goodbye.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hate hugging people, I have personal space issues and have loudly informed people of such when they tried to hug me. I like a nice handshake. Whatever happened to handshakes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

xoxyx wrote: »
    So, I was leaving the office today and saying goodbye to my co-workers (who I've only known for a month and a half) and every one of them gave me a hug.

I love it! I never was a big hugger with my family or friends, but my OH's family and friends all hug each other and hug me. I think it's lovely.

Was surprised though that it was so prevalent with all these people that I don't know that well.

Do you guys hug? Do you like it or loath it? I think it's a really nice thing to get into - and it's just the best way to say hello and goodbye.

World needs more hugs, to be honest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Depending on the person, I like hugging. My problem with hello/goodbye hugging is it's usually just a greeting type thing, whereas I like hugs to be good and long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

phasers wrote: »
    I hate hugging people, I have personal space issues and have loudly informed people of such when they tried to hug me. I like a nice handshake. Whatever happened to handshakes?

Sex must be awkward, so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Love it. Friendly co workers it's a given.

Hot delivery men, creepy delivery men, slightly young and scared out of their shoite delivery men are my favourite though.

Hugs are great, even from strange folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Sex must be awkward, so...
    I give a great Handy J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

I love hugs! Can't beat 'em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Limp sweaty hands happened to handshakes. I have had many a good hug, but very few good handshakes. Easier to give a good hug than a good handshake - and some people need to know their limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

xoxyx wrote: »

A good firm handshake suffices every time..none of this touchy-feely American bull**** or a swift kick in the bollocks ensues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ah hugs, the reason I carry knives on my person :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DCUlad

Yeah well as I left work yesterday, I fingered five employees (male and female)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I give a great Handy J

angry handy j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    World needs more hugs, to be honest.
    Definitely. But if someone I don't like tries to hug me, GTFO of my space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

PICS or GTFO

DCUlad wrote: »
    Yeah well as I left work yesterday, I fingered five male employees

Depending on the person, I like hugging. My problem with hello/goodbye hugging is it's usually just a greeting type thing, whereas I like hugs to be good and long.

I know what you mean. I love a proper heartfelt hug when you really do it properly and enjoy the moment. The hello / goodbye hug can be a bit perfunctory. But it's still a nice thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I've started hugging people more this year (or met more people who use this form of greeting) than ever before but it makes me very uncomfortable to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Never really did it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

No one hugs me :cool:

Seriously though, I love a good hug with the right person, can't beat it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Hugs are great! There should be more hugging in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I am fine with hugging my family members maybe some friends, other than that no. Actually hugging people that I dont know really well creeps me out a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I fucking hate people hugging me that aren't in 'my circle'. Have to be family or a bf. I just feel awkward. I've always maintained a very basic relationship with people I've worked with, because that's what they've always been to me, people I have to work with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm able to chat to them etc., but I've enough going on outside of a job, I don't have time for them outside of it. Hugging them just seems unnatural to me, and false.

migozarad wrote: »
    A good firm handshake suffices every time..none of this touchy-feely American bull**** or a swift kick in the bollocks ensues

Bit of an oxymoron, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Took me awhile to get used to the hugging thing, but its grown on me.

Before leaving work this evening a girl who I get on great with gave me the biggest, tightest hug I've had in age's - it was really surprising as (even between men and women) its not very common place in the defence forces.

I was chuffed and felt good for hours after it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

You cant beat an oul hug for a crafty boob feel without a slap in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If your desparate.

hugging a friend the other day, he commented on how he could feel one boob :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

hugging a friend the other day, he commented on how he could feel one boob :)
    Sorry to hear you have only one boob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Don't fucking touch me or even come close or I swear to God I will rip your head from your torso and play basketball with it all the way out the door.

If you absolutely fucking must touch me, a simple handshake will suffice.

• Advertisement

Don't fucking touch me or even come close or I swear to God I will rip your head from your torso and play basketball with it all the way out the door.

Wow somebody got outta the wrong side of their bed this morning. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Even if the hugger was really hot?

Awwwwww. Someone needs a hug. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Poxy, what's a hug ever taste a knuckle sandwich to the nape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I like hugs with people I'm close to, otherwise no.

• Advertisement

Even if the hugger was really hot?

She knows where the fun bits are. If she wants to get jiggy that's an entirely different scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

She knows where the fun bits are. If she wants to get jiggy that's an entirely different scenario.

Hugging fun bits thats a new one to me.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

I couldn't forment a hug but I'd love to receive one, I haven't had any human contact in years :(

poor jack russell :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Not up for this kind of nonsense at all.

I think the Care Bears are responsible for this kind of drivel.

Since their arrival the world & a sizeable percentage of it's gullible people have bought into this malarkey.

Firm handshake & a respectful nod, that's the proper way!:cool:

Show a bit of restraint & class folks.

7Sins wrote: »
    I couldn't forment a hug but I'd love to receive one, I haven't had any human contact in years :(

poor jack russell :o

imma be hugging my friends dog for the next few days :) it's all I can get!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear you have only one boob.

:D i moved so that he could feel the second

:D i moved so that he could feel the second

are you male or female?:confused: Also do you give a nice hug? :D

are you male or female?:confused: Also do you give a nice hug? :D

female, and yes I think I do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

isn't that something chicks that hate each other do?

Can't beat a solid to the head IMO. love life affirming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I'm not a big sober hugger, but after a couple of drinks I like to take it to the 'hug'.
    I think it's nice - nothing like a bid drunk hug and a slurred 'I love you man'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

I love hugs :D

Yes I've had awkward ones, I have also had awkward handshakes, greetings in general...but if you are an awkward git, no matter what you do you are gonna be awkward!

Hugging fun bits thats a new one to me.;)

If you need any lessons, I'm only a PM away, darling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Oh I don't like hugs at all. I don't like people all up in my personal space. Only person I like hugging me is my boyfriend, anyone else and it will be avoided, and if it is forced upon me will be fast and uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Oh I don't like hugs at all. I don't like people all up in my personal space. Only person I like hugging me is my boyfriend, anyone else and it will be avoided, and if it is forced upon me will be fast and uncomfortable.

I assure there's nothing like a drunk heterosexual man-hug.

• Advertisement
Advertisement