Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can You Get Freeview In Rep. of Ireland??

Options
  • 23-12-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi, I'm living in the south west and i was wondering can i get freeview? I see retailers selling freeview ready tv's like argos and I also saw a freeview box in tesco for about 80 quid. The reason I'm asking is because I'm buying a new telly and am wondering should I go for a freeview one? (and i'm not talking about saorview, as I would like more channels) If I can get freeview what channels would I be geting? any alternative options will also be very helpful if it is not available,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

You can pick up Freeview along the border counties with NI, and also along isolated parts of the East coast from transmitters in Wales.

PS: The Freeview signal from Wales can be hit & miss depending on atmospherics, better off getting a Free to Air box & a dish, that way your guaranteed a great signal every time, just hook up a cheap aerial & you will have Saorview also - Job done, sorted :))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement