Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The After Hours Christmas Day Hangover/drinking Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Not drinking tonight as was out for a few last night - had probably what was the second-nicest pint of Guinness ever...well ok a few of them :)

Hardly ever go out or drink Christmas Eve as like to be fresh as on Christmas morn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

WAHEEEEEY! DRINKIE POOS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Just cracked open me first....oh how i longed for her all day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

TONTO! JUMP ON IT! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I'm feeling a bit emo at the moment.

My mother's mother is pulling her usually ****. A week ago, she claimed she wasn't going to my uncles house for Christmas, that she was just going to stay on her own for the day. A few days ago she started to claim no-one loves her, all the while giving out about my mother talking to my cousin and not talking to herself, but instead my cousin who is visiting over from Australia, and this really upset my mother. Now she's made herself physically sick and my mother has to look after her.

On another forum I post on, there was a thread talking about feminism amongst the nerd community (based on a Kotaku article.) I made a few posts, accused the article of being too simplistic: that it would simply polarise people, with neckbeards hanging in one corner and people angry at equality in another corner. That a lot of "hardcore" feminists are angry, and though they fully deserve to be angry, they are misunderstood and don't make for the best spokespeople. I was told I was a mysoginist for saying this. I took this to heart and felt angry and a bit ****.

Then the people who accused me of being a mysoginist started taking the piss out of another dude's friend who killed himself the other day. I thought that was not cool because people who kill themselves are unfortunate, not selfish. I said calling suicidal people selfish isn't the best or most understanding thing to do, and their hypocrisy offended me. Then they were banned for saying that stuff, then they were unbanned and the person who banned them was banned for banning them.

Then in the chat room this forum hangs out in a guy started chatting who is a little bit "tapped." (Hey Man!: If you're reading this I think you're cool, just a little special.) He had previously talked about how he thinks he has bipolar disorder and has been ****ing himself over. He's Irish so I felt a little concern for him but I don't know how to deal with his type of crazy.

Then today I slept in because I've been out partying for the past few days (and started taking my medication in the morning instead of evening and I think that and the partying is what's really ****ed me up.) I slept in and didn't do a huge amount to help around the house (I did what was needed to be done, but I wasn't my usually effervescent Christmas self.) And that combined with online drama and grandmother/mother drama has made me a little emo.

Maybe I've become a little more invested in that forum since I started treating the people there like actual people and not like internet retards there for my amusement and to amuse me. The real problem is I've been living a little too hard for the past few days. All in all, I dunno, maybe me being overtly emo in this thread will show people it's cool for them to be sad, depressed and upset as well. And it's cool to talk about it, it may make you feel better talking about this kind of stuff, because I know people on boards are cool people.

Merry Christmas people. I wish you all well.

Edit: Mod's feel free to move this to the depression thread. I know this thread isn't the best place for emo-ness (although I hope I win the prize for the first drunken emo person in the Christmas Drinking Thread :D) It's just that going through my mind was that all the people here seemed cool about doing good for emotional people at the moment, and I thought I might make an example of myself letting things out, and not letting it torment yourself. And I know it made me feel better. So the selfish reason for this post has been observed (i.e. I feel better.) If you think it could be of help to someone in the depression thread move it there.

Otherwise ignore me. I probably shouldn't have drunk that pint of 8% beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Micky dolenz tried to snog me at the mods Christmas party. Dr b got caught trying to fax a picture of his arse to the taoiseach. Keith was caught in the supplies cupboard with hot lips and biko and the master got in a row with Dev over the lack of hookers. Worst of all was leeg telling the cmods that they all have lovely bottoms. Poor chap wont walk right until Easter. Merry everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

^^
    :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Micky dolenz tried to snog me at the mods Christmas party. Dr b got caught trying to fax a picture of his arse to the taoiseach. Keith was caught in the supplies cupboard with hot lips and biko and the master got in a row with Dev over the lack of hookers. Worst of all was leeg telling the cmods that they all have lovely bottoms. Poor chap wont walk right until Easter. Merry everyone.

Merry everyone to you too.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What's this "tired" to snog ya? ;) you loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Mods it's time to start a drinking game! Take a shot for a ban/warning etc...

Lets roll!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Did he try to..ahem..steal your "avatar"?;)

TheZohan wrote: »

Lets roll!

Wut ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

TheZohan wrote: »

Lets roll!

You.are.awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ah hello mr. bitburger, mmmmm

Merry X-imbo to all you fine people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

What's this "tired" to snog ya? ;) you loved it.

Did I lose my bet ? did he play hard to get?

You are buying the food tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Watching savage eye very goo, on behalf of real xmas trees get a fake one next year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

hondasam wrote: »
    Did I lose my bet ? did he play hard to get?

He played hard all right. Savage night.

On my second cup of tae, lovely so it is.

He played hard all right. Savage night.

On my second cup of tae, lovely so it is.

No he will ban me if I post what i'm thinking, you can read my mind :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Went to the neighbours for drinks this evening, it was total sh1te but I was civil to everybody, held my tongue even at certain moments. At home now in Mammy and Daddy's house drinking. I love it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

2 kids major excitement! I'm nursing a hot whiskey! the missus is enjoying a glass of Oyster bay! Happy christmas folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

tequila and wine....and not so drunk anymore .....booooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

;):):rolleyes::o:(:D

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drank all the cider and hidden the liquor. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.
    The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree...........

True story :D:D:D happy christmas :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

realies wrote: »
    True story

'course it is. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

tl;dr

Happy Christmas everyone.

*Doesn't read post*

Cool story bro...

Rolli wrote: »
    *Doesn't read post*

Cool story bro...

I thought you be drunk by now how is tralee :)

realies wrote: »
    I thought you be drunk by now how is tralee :)

Meh, I've been stuck in a hotel all day. Decided to go on a walk for 20 minutes and hit the bar :cool:

Rolli wrote: »
    Meh, I've been stuck in a hotel all day. Decided to go on a walk for 20 minutes and hit the bar :cool:

And whats it like down there, any craic or is eveything shut down at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

Advertisement