Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Screen of Death. Code 124

• 24-12-2011 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello.

I'll try to be short.

In just over a month ago I bought components from Overclockers.co.uk. And on very same day, 3-4 hours after the system went live I started getting blue screens. With same code all the time, 124. Blue screen And this is what I get after pc recovers.
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	BlueScreen
      OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	2057

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:	124
      BCP1:	0000000000000000
      BCP2:	FFFFFA8006F98028
      BCP3:	00000000BE200000
      BCP4:	000000000005110A
      OS Version:	6_1_7600
      Service Pack:	0_0
      Product:	256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-22042-01.dmp
      C:\Users\Russia\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35989-0.sysdata.xm

Also, there is no specific time when I get blue screens. It is very random. Sometimes in game, sometimes on the desktop. On this screenshot you can see I've stressed out the system, it was stable.

Now, overclockers are being uncooperative about this so far, so I thought much kinder folks at boards.ie might help me.

So the system is
    Bundle - Motherboard, CPU and RAM
    GPU
    Harddrive
    OCZ PSU 600W

Actions taken so far
    • I've google that bccode124, it tells me it's a driver issue. So on that very first day I've updated everything I could think of. GPU, chipset, audio, even a mouse. Did not help.
    • Then I've tried booting with different ram sticks in. One at the time, in different slots. I've tried even my old ram. Did not help.
    • I tried putting in my old gpu. Did not help.
    • Also I already had a replacement for that bundle but still, same blue screen.

I have one more idea which I will try out tomorrow. Harddrive is the only part which I have yet to mess around with. So I am gonna hook up mu old HDD tomorrow.

But for now can anyone help me? Is this a known issue? I am getting a feeling that it is. Because the GPU that I have, BF3 crashes on loading screens, and I've seen posts/threads around that I am not the only one.

Thank you in advance for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Give this a whirl and see what you get, it scans your computer for the BSOD dump files and tells you the cause, your computer has to be set up to save the dump.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

chin_grin wrote: »
    Still all over the place as to the cause though, HDD--->Hardware Failure--->Rootkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dreadful

Give this a whirl and see what you get, it scans your computer for the BSOD dump files and tells you the cause, your computer has to be set up to save the dump.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Ok, here is the report. Forgot to mention that I am bad at hardware :P
    ==================================================
    Dump File         : 122511-17690-01.dmp
    Crash Time        : 25/12/2011 00:35:04
    Bug Check String  : 
    Bug Check Code    : 0x00000124
    Parameter 1       : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 2       : fffffa80`06a91028
    Parameter 3       : 00000000`be200000
    Parameter 4       : 00000000`0005110a
    Caused By Driver  : 
    Caused By Address : 
    File Description  : 
    Product Name      : 
    Company           : 
    File Version      : 
    Processor         : x64
    Crash Address     : 
    Stack Address 1   : 
    Stack Address 2   : 
    Stack Address 3   : 
    Computer Name     : 
    Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\122511-17690-01.dmp
    Processors Count  : 4
    Major Version     : 15
    Minor Version     : 7600
    Dump File Size    : 262,144

chin_grin wrote: »

That doesn't really help me, 'cause I just don't understand what are they talking about :P But thanks, I'll post on their forums. Or, if you'd like to expand on it =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Dreadful wrote: »
    That doesn't really help me, 'cause I just don't understand what are they talking about :P But thanks, I'll post on their forums. Or, if you'd like to expand on it =)

They're just talking about running diagnostics and memory tests.

• Advertisement

Ok, I've looked through all bsod crashes, and sometimes, like in the my previous post it didn't specify what caused the crash. But this one repeats in all other crashes. What is it?
    Dump File         : 122311-16380-01.dmp
    Crash Time        : 23/12/2011 21:55:11
    Bug Check String  : 
    Bug Check Code    : 0x00000124
    Parameter 1       : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 2       : fffffa80`06eb8028
    Parameter 3       : 00000000`be200000
    Parameter 4       : 00000000`0005110a
    Caused By Driver  : hal.dll
    Caused By Address : hal.dll+12903
    File Description  : 
    Product Name      : 
    Company           : 
    File Version      : 
    Processor         : x64
    Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+705c0
    Stack Address 1   : 
    Stack Address 2   : 
    Stack Address 3   : 
    Computer Name     : 
    Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-16380-01.dmp
    Processors Count  : 4
    Major Version     : 15
    Minor Version     : 7600
    Dump File Size    : 292,832

EDIT

Did some research. Most answers point to run sfc/scannow thought command prompt, or run repair from windows cd. And since I don't have windows cd, I'm gonna try sfc/scannow first.

EDIT

sfc/scannow did not find any problems

EDIT

Did memory test. No problem there. Should I just go for full windows reinstall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

hal.dll is the file causing the problem in the log, so I'd start with finding what that does, from a quick google its a windows file, so I'd update that or if it has been updated then roll it back fixed an error for me lately. The Windows install CD should repair it for you if you try that. Run a WhoCrashed scan if you have not done so already and this may give more details from the dump files.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Paddy001 wrote: »
    hal.dll is the file causing the problem in the log, so I'd start with finding what that does, from a quick google its a windows file, so I'd update that or if it has been updated then roll it back fixed an error for me lately. The Windows install CD should repair it for you if you try that. Run a WhoCrashed scan if you have not done so already and this may give more details from the dump files.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Well, you can't just "update" hal.dll. And I cant roll back either because it has been like this since I've put pc together. I'm gonna try win repair / reinstal.

EDIT: are you advertising that program? It seemed that you didn't read the thread and to actually view crashes in that program you have to buy it.

Fixed. Solution was updating bios.

Advertisement