Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What am I rearing???????

Options
  • 24-12-2011 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

So, its 1am am just curling up in bed having stayed up to watch a late film on tv, Aisling had stirred a wee bit around 12 but no crying so we didn't go near her, was just about drifting off to sleepy land when I hear "mammy"

Our 1 year old daughter (who only turned 1 this week) had climbed out of her cot (ON THE HIGH END) from cot to the bed beside her (I know this because the clothes i'd laid out for the morning on the bed are now on the floor) from bed to floor (God knows how) and from floor a calm stroll into our room

Bloody hell will i have to cuff her to the cot or what????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Cable ties work a treat i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Zambia wrote: »
    Cable ties work a treat i reckon.

Maybe don't put the bed right beside the cot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Reckon it's probably a good thing the bed was beside the cot, she could have seriously hurt herself... Have you tried grobags angelfire? If you haven't, try them and if they don't work to keep her in the cot, it'll be move to a bed time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

January wrote: »
    Reckon it's probably a good thing the bed was beside the cot, she could have seriously hurt herself... Have you tried grobags angelfire? If you haven't, try them and if they don't work to keep her in the cot, it'll be move to a bed time!!

Yep, I had her in a grobag when it was very cold there a week or 2 ago I was afraid she'd over heat with it being relatively warm
    She's going back into one tonight though!!
    I'll turn off the heating in her room so one should balance out the other

As for the bed...
    Well, on one hand she could have killed herself if the bed hadn't been there
    BUT
    If the bed hadn't been there she probably wouldn't have tried to escape in the first place

For a girl she is a total tomboy she climbs on EVERYTHING

She can get onto the coffee table and all the furniture in the sitting room
    If she can't get on to something on her own she will pull or drag something else (like a cushion or a box of biscuits or even her toys) into position for use as steps!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We have to meet up, my 1 yr old can get out of cots and travel cots, car seats, shopping trollys, you name it she can escape. It just keeps me on my toes. I tried the gro bag the other night.... she can open zips and buttons.

I give up. I can just about keep her in her cot bed, but she 's in the middle of the room so as to stop her pulling stuff into her cot or pulling wallpaper off the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My 14 month old tried it a few weeks ago.
    My wife found him hanging from the cot rail:eek: He was in a grobag at the time.

Thankfully he hasn't done it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I fell climbing out of the cot when I was that age and I turned out fine. turned out fine. turned out fine. turned out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

The grobags are great, only took the oldest lad out of them when he was taking them off himself and changed from cot to bed then too. They definitely help to stop them climbing out and they have different togs and tell you what to put on the child inside the grobag depending on the tog & room temp. I was a bit clueless and nervous first time so appreciated having the guidelines. We never put the heat on in the kids rooms, did last winter a bit cos it was baltic but haven't done so yet this year.

Your little one is very young to be climbing out. Do you definitely have the cot base to the lowest level? If not you have a nimble little monkey on your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Mary28 wrote: »
    The grobags are great, only took the oldest lad out of them when he was taking them off himself and changed from cot to bed then too. They definitely help to stop them climbing out and they have different togs and tell you what to put on the child inside the grobag depending on the tog & room temp. I was a bit clueless and nervous first time so appreciated having the guidelines. We never put the heat on in the kids rooms, did last winter a bit cos it was baltic but haven't done so yet this year.

Your little one is very young to be climbing out. Do you definitely have the cot base to the lowest level? If not you have a nimble little monkey on your hands.

I'm afraid it's the latter she must have been either a cat or a monkey in a previous life because she is constantly climbing!!
    The cot is at it's lowest level standing up at the side she can put her chin over the top (she's very tall)
    She can pull herself up on anything and I mean anything my hair will be white by next Christmas!! :(

Advertisement