Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Question Relating to Dogs and Islam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Okay fair enough. The fact remains though that the ancient Christian attitude to dogs is very similar to the Muslim one.

Doesn't this suggest that Islam should follow the Christians & update their philosophy to recognise modern knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

dead one wrote: »

Most of the non muslim population don't keep dog. Why should they be dead. See it's sickness to attach yourself with dogs.... As some of friends are sick of pigeons... They pass their day and night with pigeon don't care for other people... the other day i saw two people are fighting for pigeons... It's pure sickness

You cannot even read English, read my post again.

muslims don't have dogs, but many non muslims DO have dogs.

Pidgeons, WTF have they got to do with this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

old_aussie wrote: »
    You cannot even read English, read my post again.

muslims don't have dogs,
    who said, moderate Muslims keep dogs, they allow dogs to lick themselves as non Muslim. Old assie, i think you're too old to understand. Take your pills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Most of the non muslim population don't keep dog. Why should they be dead. See it's sickness to attach yourself with dogs.... As some of friends are sick of pigeons... They pass their day and night with pigeon don't care for other people... the other day i saw two people are fighting for pigeons... It's pure sickness
    most non-muslims would see it as sick to treat women as property or second class citizens and force their children to marry old men for family status, or cut peoples heads off, or stone or publicly beat people to death, but plenty of muslims see this as normal.

the difference here being that your opinion of dogs isn't factually correct, whereas my statement about what some muslims think is acceptable behavoir is. remind me again who are the really sick ones? :rolleyes:

vibe666 wrote: »
    most non-muslims would see it as sick to treat women as property or second class citizens and force their children to marry old men for family status, or cut peoples heads off, or stone or publicly beat people to death, but plenty of muslims see this as normal.
    Remember all you've learned from old bigot media. Why would they tell you truth about Islam. Because they know if Islam comes then they wouldn't enjoy. what you're saying, you've learned it from twisted media and twisted brain. No pure muslim consider women as his property or treat them as second class citizen.. Those who treat women like this way they follow they cultural religion not islam.
    I give you example of Afghanistan, there is honor killing, Islam doesn't allow such acts. But if you relate it to islam then believe what you prefer to believe.
    the difference here being that your opinion of dogs isn't factually correct, whereas my statement about what some muslims think is acceptable behavoir is. remind me again who are the really sick ones? :rolleyes:
    Muslim are human, what do you think they are Prophets, they can also sick like other people, they can be hypocrite. So what your point. Are you saying muslims should be 100 perfect, i think that the irony you drove.
    You people are badly busted about dogs and now you going in some other direction.

not from old bigoted media, from the sicko's in question putting stuff on the internet themselves. it doesn't take very much googling to find everything i've posted in my previous message put there by muslims themselves proud of what they do.

you yourself have used a single video of one dog eating its own waste as concrete evidence that your views on all dogs are 100% correct, so my opinion carries just as much weight as yours on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭HamletOrHecuba

who said, moderate Muslims keep dogs, they allow dogs to lick themselves as non Muslim. Old assie, i think you're too old to understand. Take your pills

This is an interesting question; how do we define a moderate Muslim?

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad strikes me as a moderate Muslim, looked at as he is and not as the west paints him, while as Wahhabi to me would extremist; I cant imagine the President of Iran, at the least the current one, keeping a dog the way westerners.

not from old bigoted media, from the sicko's in question putting stuff on the internet themselves. it doesn't take very much googling to find everything i've posted in my previous message put there by muslims themselves proud of what they do.
    my stuff is quite true, it shows reality about dogs. Dogs, if closely attached, they will show some serious issue. I can post many videos about this showing this reality. You can call it deadone's show. Dogs put sh!t in their mouth sometime and then come to lick people and people say it will improve their immune system. Why would Sh!t necessary to improve someone's immune system. I would like to die rather to secure my immune system by such a sh!tty way.
    you yourself have used a single video of one dog eating its own waste as concrete evidence that your views on all dogs are 100% correct, so my opinion carries just as much weight as yours on the subject.
    I guess you are suggesting that you want to see more videos, See i feel no shame in educating the humanity about truth... I can do whatever i want to prove my points and i don't feel any shame in it. ... There is no shame in telling humanity that don't keep such animals at homes which eat their own sh!t... You feel no shame in keeping such animal at your houses why would i feel shame in telling you the thing which might secure you.... You might think what i am doing but it is for yourself and your betterment.
    Here are video showing the reality about dogs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGrdSto_w_U

the above video is video no 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nuUpR1fdf0
    video no 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLTFTKJ__e4
    video no 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrMGMzA_qo8
    the above video is quite clear, remember in your absence, the dogs eat their poops and then come to improve your immune system. I have no idea what has happened to you people why would you like remain in such a sh!t. This is the reason Islam has forbidden dogs within your houses without any reason., ... I think, isn't it enough. or should i post more videos... You don't know my secrets, I can post hundred of videos... Now, don't say that "used a single video of one dog eating"

peace

This is an interesting question; how do we define a moderate Muslim?
    See moderate Muslim don't follow fundamentals of religion. They like what they want and they don't bring religion into their choices. For example sonia khan in the following thread, you can consider her as moderate muslim.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056496987
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad strikes me as a moderate Muslim, looked at as he is and not as the west paints him, while as Wahhabi to me would extremist; I cant imagine the President of Iran, at the least the current one, keeping a dog the way westerners.
    to be honest i don't know much about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, So can't say anything what i know about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
    THE ONLY WORLD LEADER with the guts to tell the truth these Zionist-censoring days, is Muslim President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
    And although the Iranian President boldly told the UN Assembly few years ago that “9-11 Was An Inside Job,” the American delegation and all of its European puppets walked out on the truth-teller, calling his proven statements “hateful and offensive.”

Why? Because the Zionist-controlled US diplomats fear to offend their Jewish enablers like AIPAC and its subsidiary, the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

In another truth-telling moment, Ahmadinejad remarked to NBC’s Andrea Mitchell on 15 September 2010 that “Obama is controlled by the Zionist Lobby in America.”

Ahmadinejad expanded his assertion by defining Zionism as an ideology aimed at displacing the Palestinians from their rightful homeland:
    Painting Ahmadinejab as a monster by falsely quoting him as saying, “Israel must be wiped from the map,” it was the New York Times, owned by the Jewish Sulzberger family, that spread the malicious rumor.

But truth be told, in the Farsi language of Iran there is no such idiom: “wipe off the map.”

What Ahmadinejab actually said was: “The Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.”

AND SO, it’s high time that the “Muslim threat” be counterpoised by the “Zionist threat” - that men like Ahmadinejab, independent of Jewish control - have courageously exposed.

Will the people of America some day realize that their Christian world-view and freedom of public discourse has been subverted by Jews and not by Muslims?

Or will Americans continue to send their sons and daughters (Jews don’t die in ‘New American Century’ wars) to their deaths to fight against Zion’s enemies…?

I can't post the link, because i know the outcomes

I guess you are suggesting that you want to see more videos, See i feel no shame in educating the humanity about truth... I can do whatever i want to prove my points and i don't feel any shame in it. ... There is no shame in telling humanity that don't keep such animals at homes which eat their own sh!t... You feel no shame in keeping such animal at your houses why would i feel shame in telling you the thing which might secure you.... You might think what i am doing but it is for yourself and your betterment.
    for every video you can find of a dog eating it's own shit, i can give you a video of humans eating their own shit, so by your logic, as some humans do it too and there are video's on the internet of it, all humans do it and are no better than dogs.

I could also provide you with just as many video's of muslim punishment beatings, stonings, beheadings and an almost unlimited number of savage acts worse than any animal would ever do, so is it okay for me to apply this same logic you use to condemn all dogs to condemn all muslims just because there are video's of it on the internet?

• Advertisement

I could also provide you with just as many video's of muslim punishment beatings, stonings, beheadings and an almost unlimited number of savage acts worse than any animal would ever do, so is it okay for me to apply this same logic you use to condemn all dogs to condemn all muslims just because there are video's of it on the internet?
    Ah now you are going to badly busted. I feel pity on you. If I demand the proof whether the person in the video muslim or not. What would you do then. See youtube is full of propaganda against Muslims... But i ain't posting propaganda against dogs. What I am posting is quite clear like crystal. Suppose you post a video against muslim, how will you prove that the people in the video are muslim or not.

Ah now you are going to badly busted. I feel pity on you. If I demand the proof whether the person in the video muslim or not. What would you do then. See youtube is full of propaganda against Muslims... But i ain't posting propaganda against dogs. What I am posting is quite clear like crystal. Suppose you post a video against muslim, how will you prove that the people in the video are muslim or not.
    is that seriously your argument?

if you are going to go with that then i'll be countering with the argument that you can't prove that any of those video's are of actual dogs because you have no "proof" that they really are real dogs or that it is real dog shit and that they are just radical muslim propaganda video's unjustly portraying dogs as shit eaters to make them look bad. :rolleyes:

is that seriously your argument?
    for Pity's sake, dear vibe
    if you are going to go with that then i'll be countering with the argument that you can't prove that any of those video's are of actual dogs because you have no "proof" that they really are real dogs or that it is real dog shit and that they are just radical muslim propaganda video's unjustly portraying dogs as shit eaters to make them look bad. :rolleyes:
    let me give you detail above it.
    dog_parts.gif
    you see dogs are such types of creatures and what you saw in that video is a dog. Rub you eyes and invite your support. I know ultimate fate will meet the corkfeen's fate

and now see the difference

565093_100003688114381_706505277_n.jpg
    This is picture of man and you can't tell whether the man is christian/jews/muslims etc.. See the irony you drove about dogs and human. By what insane calculus someone can answer question like these.

oh right, so what you are saying is that there's no way to tell what religion a person is?

if that is the case then how can i tell that YOU are a muslim?

oh right, so what you are saying is that there's no way to tell what religion a person is?
    No I mean there's no way to tell the religion of person using random youtubevideo/ picture.
    if that is the case then how can i tell that YOU are a muslim?
    you didn't get the point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I pity you dead one, and any other Muslims like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

See it nice to see you... you have some serious issues...let me see..i have seen dogs eat there own crap..eat dead animals..lick their own butts ..eat spoiled food...etc...why would you want them to lick you??... you're saying dogs improve your immune system, lollzzzz.... Offcourse dirt needs a dirt to improve itself... That's not fault with yourself... Do you know what these dogs in your absence... I guess it is more scientife for you to impove you immune system..
    I guess you should do the same things what these dogs have been doing to improve your immune system.... Rofl

He never claimed that he wanted to be licked, he was just pointing out a scientific fact; if you are in the presence of harmless germs found in animals such as dogs it will most likely help your immune system as your body get used to contact with such germs. And I'm pretty sure most people "eat dead animals" eg: Lamb, pork, chicken.. I don't understand why people like you feel the need to tell everybody who does not share your faith that they are wrong when scientific knowledge backs up their opinion and your are challenging it with claims from 1500 years ago. Why would you "lolzzzz" at it? If I, a non Islamic person, was to call you wrong in a different argument and "lolzzzz" at what you think you would call me racist or ignorant.

No I mean there's no way to tell the religion of person using random youtubevideo/ picture.
    no of course not, other than them releasing statements claiming responsibility, then videoing themselves praising allah & quoting the quran as they hack someone's head off with a blunt knife whilst their helpless victim lets out gurgling screams of agony.
    you didn't get the point.
    you're the only one here missing the point, along with several other things. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm not a muslim but it's people like you who ruin Islam. People like you make the rest of us think that muslims are backward and ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    I'm not a muslim but it's people like you [i.e., dead one] who ruin Islam. People like you make the rest of us think that muslims are backward and ignorant.

In my moderator's role, I've already given a reminder to dead one on another thread to debate the posts, not attack the posters, so to preserve impartiality I'm going to have to give the same reminder here: robust discussion of the contents of posts is fine, but personal comments about individual posters are not.

hivizman wrote: »
    In my moderator's role, I've already given a reminder to dead one on another thread to debate the posts, not attack the posters, so to preserve impartiality I'm going to have to give the same reminder here: robust discussion of the contents of posts is fine, but personal comments about individual posters are not.
    Sorry, thank you for at giving me this fair warning, but I wasn't aware it appeared as an attack :( I don't have any disrespect for the user or Islam, I was just expressing how I disagree with the idea.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I pity you dead one, and any other Muslims like you.
    thank you kami, I know it's very hard for you people to accept reality but what I've shown you is reality and now face it.
    He never claimed that he wanted to be licked, he was just pointing out a scientific fact; if you are in the presence of harmless germs found in animals such as dogs it will most likely help your immune system as your body get used to contact with such germs. And I'm pretty sure most people "eat dead animals" eg: Lamb, pork, chicken..
    dead animal, are you kidding, Muslim don't eat dead animals and pork, it is also sickness. Start A new thread about pork i will show you the same thing why pigs eating isn't allowed in Islam. See, Dear Science isn't absoulte, we believe what God has reveled is absolute. God is creator and what he knows may science will know it in next 200 centuries.
    I
    I don't understand why people like you feel the need to tell everybody who does not share your faith that they are wrong when scientific knowledge backs up their opinion and your are challenging it with claims from 1500 years ago. Why would you "lolzzzz" at it? If I, a non Islamic person, was to call you wrong in a different argument and "lolzzzz" at what you think you would call me racist or ignorant.
    I am lolling, because how could an animal that eat its own sh!t improve your immune system. How could an animal do that... Is it the science you believe.

no of course not, other than them releasing statements claiming responsibility, then videoing themselves praising allah & quoting the quran as they hack someone's head off with a blunt knife whilst their helpless victim lets out gurgling screams of agony.
    have you seen any drama, if not then you must see the one, In a darama, suppose their is an actor, He is playing his role as muslim, Does it make him permanent muslim, does his praise for God make him musilm. The answer is no.. Same is case of youtube video, no one knows whether the people in the video are actors or real. I know it's very hard for you people to prove your points. But what can I do for you.
    you're the only one here missing the point, along with several other things. :rolleyes:
    see the above quote you will find the point.

I'm not a muslim but it's people like you who ruin Islam. People like you make the rest of us think that muslims are backward and ignorant.
    Is it your excuse to keep a dog inside a house. I think it's real backwardness to allow such animal with in the premises of your house that shows some real issue to you and your family... See all the you tube videos which i have posted. They are shinning clear as crystal and now when there is no where to hide, I think it is very fair to attack on me. I like it very much.
    BTW: Did i hide anything?

• Advertisement

have you seen any drama, if not then you must see the one, In a darama, suppose their is an actor, He is playing his role as muslim, Does it make him permanent muslim, does his praise for God make him musilm. The answer is no.. Same is case of youtube video, no one knows whether the people in the video are actors or real. I know it's very hard for you people to prove your points. But what can I do for you.

see the above quote you will find the point.
    oh, that must be it. just like the dogs in your video's are just actors pretending to be dogs. :rolleyes:

you know, you really do make it difficult to have an intelligent discussion with you when you don't feel any kind of need to constrain yourself with reality.

oh, that must be it. just like the dogs in your video's are just actors pretending to be dogs. :rolleyes:

you know, you really do make it difficult to have an intelligent discussion with you when you don't feel any kind of need to constrain yourself with reality.
    reality is very harsh, dear vibe. I aint in delusion. After clear evidence that dogs sometimes eat their own sh!t, you have denied everything. You want to keep dogs with yourselves at every cost.. everything is now shining like crystal...

reality is very harsh, dear vibe. I aint in delusion. After clear evidence that dogs sometimes eat their own sh!t, you have denied everything. You want to keep dogs with yourselves at every cost.. everything is now shining like crystal...
    i'm not denying anything, i'm perfectly aware that some dogs will eat their own ****, but you are condeming an entire species based on the actions of a few individuals and then condeming anyone who might keep dogs who disagrees with you to "sickness, pain and suffering" and have continued to persist in this lunacy throughout the thread in a staggering display of wilful ignorance of the facts despite being told otherwise by plenty of people who have lived with dogs their whole lives and who know infinitely more about them than you ever will because of your irrational fears and hatred.

Muslim don't eat dead animals and pork, it is also sickness.

Muslims eat Halal Lamb etc. These animals have their throats slit whilst they are still alive. In many countries they are supposed to be stunned before this is done but Halal requires that the animal bleeds to death.

But irrespective of the cruel & inhumane killing, Sheep are ruminants. So they regurgitate their food & chew it again. Dead one seems horrified at the idea of an animal eating it's faeces yet one could argue that Sheep eat their own vomit.

By the way the vegetables & fruit that Dead one eats have also been defecated on - it's called nature.

All of these "rules' were written thousands of years ago & it is ridiculous to apply them today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Why are you trying to reason with him? He's either a troll or a suicide bomber in the making

• Advertisement

i'm not denying anything, i'm perfectly aware that some dogs will eat their own ****, but you are condeming an entire species based on the actions of a few individuals and then condeming anyone who might keep dogs who disagrees with you to "sickness, pain and suffering" and have continued to persist in this lunacy throughout the thread in a staggering display of wilful ignorance of the facts despite being told otherwise by plenty of people who have lived with dogs their whole lives and who know infinitely more about them than you ever will because of your irrational fears and hatred.
    Can you give me reference of any special species of dogs that don't eat its sh!t.
    I would be very grateful. I ain't condemning anything. I am saying if you have a reason to keep dog within your house then keep it. If there is no reason, then don't attached yourself to these dogs.

Discodog wrote: »
    Muslims eat Halal Lamb etc. These animals have their throats slit whilst they are still alive. In many countries they are supposed to be stunned before this is done but Halal requires that the animal bleeds to death.
    by dead animals i mean, those animals that die with some natural cause. If an animal is already dead before slaughter then Muslims don't eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

it goes to show how a simple thing gets into religion,the order of killing of dogs was a temporary order that served a timely need.dogs at that time were encouraged to eat from the garbage to rid people of it.and thus they developed a disease [al kalab].that resulted in a epidemic,the disease appeared again after the time of the propet.some scholars at the time decided that the only way to get rid of the epidemic as well as dogs was by making up hadiths,claiming that the prophet said dogs are impure, this fact contradicts with the proper hadith in albokhary which tells us that dogs used to walk freely in the prophets mosque

Can you give me reference of any special species of dogs that don't eat its sh!t.
    I would be very grateful. I ain't condemning anything. I am saying if you have a reason to keep dog within your house then keep it. If there is no reason, then don't attached yourself to these dogs.
    dogs are a single species.

but assuming you mean breed of dog, then yes I can, ANY breed of dog.

yes, some individuals have been known to eat their own sh!t, but that doesn't mean that ALL dogs do it, any more than the 2 girls 1 cup video means that ALL humans eat their own sh!t and as I have been trying to explain as simply as possible, condeming all dogs because a tiny minority do something distateful is no better than condemining all muslims because of the heinous actions of a tiny minority.

Is it your excuse to keep a dog inside a house. I think it's real backwardness to allow such animal with in the premises of your house that shows some real issue to you and your family... See all the you tube videos which i have posted. They are shinning clear as crystal and now when there is no where to hide, I think it is very fair to attack on me. I like it very much.
    BTW: Did i hide anything?
    thank you kami, I know it's very hard for you people to accept reality but what I've shown you is reality and now face it.

dead animal, are you kidding, Muslim don't eat dead animals and pork, it is also sickness. Start A new thread about pork i will show you the same thing why pigs eating isn't allowed in Islam. See, Dear Science isn't absoulte, we believe what God has reveled is absolute. God is creator and what he knows may science will know it in next 200 centuries.

I am lolling, because how could an animal that eat its own sh!t improve your immune system. How could an animal do that... Is it the science you believe.
    You can believe what you want about God or Allah, I'm not judging you on that. I never said Muslims, I said most people have eaten dead animals, and as already pointed out by somebody else, some Muslims enjoy eating lamb meat. This meat of course comes from a...dead animal.

And what do you mean "you people" find it hard to understand? Just because most people on this thread are not Muslim it does not mean they are wrong and your opinion is correct, you may be correct but you cannot be sure of it.

"I think it is very fair to attack on me. I like it very much." I am not trying to offend you or attack you, just engaging in a debate :o

"Is it the science you believe" Short answer: Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You can believe what you want about God or Allah, I'm not judging you on that. I never said Muslims, I said most people have eaten dead animals, and as already pointed out by somebody else, some Muslims enjoy eating lamb meat. This meat of course comes from a...dead animal.
    I'm guessing he's not going to explain this in any coherent manner to you. What he's talking about is carrion, it's haram for Muslims to eat it.
    http://spotlighthalal.blogspot.ie/2009/01/haram-carrion-dead.html

I am done now, in short i said, if you want to keep a dog within your house for a reason then there is nothing wrong in it but dog must be kept at its place. I am giving you the true content of Islam.

I am done now, in short i said, if you want to keep a dog within your house for a reason then there is nothing wrong in it but dog must be kept at its place. I am giving you the true content of Islam.
    you really are utterly f**king hilarious. :D

your closing argument is a video that pretty much contradicts almost everything you've said in the last 10 pages of the thread and confirms pretty much everything everyone else has said.

fair enough i guess, we formally accept your humble apologies for your incorrect views on dogs.

It kind of sums up Islam & most other religions in that one "scholar/priest" will say one thing & another may say something completely different. It's no wonder that young people can be lead towards extremist opinion.

you really are utterly f**king hilarious. :D

your closing argument is a video that pretty much contradicts almost everything you've said in the last 10 pages of the thread and confirms pretty much everything everyone else has said.

fair enough i guess, we formally accept your humble apologies for your incorrect views on dogs.
    Read the very first reply. I am still standing on what i said, You are allowed to keep a dog in separate place for some reason like guarding your house etc. Otherwise islam doesn't allow
    BTW, Have you watched the video

• Advertisement

Read the very first reply. I am still standing on what i said, You are allowed to keep a dog in separate place for some reason like guarding your house etc. Otherwise islam doesn't allow
    BTW, Have you watched the video
    yes i have, and what he says and what you've been "preaching" throughout this entire thread are two completely different things. maybe YOU should watch the video. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing he's not going to explain this in any coherent manner to you. What he's talking about is carrion, it's haram for Muslims to eat it.
    http://spotlighthalal.blogspot.ie/2009/01/haram-carrion-dead.html
    Thanks for explaining that but I doubt much people actually eat carrion, or at least what I think of when I hear carrion :P

you are very quiet today dead one, aren't you going to tell us again about the sickness, suffering and death that awaits anyone who keeps a dog?

or did you finally decide to watch the video you posted and realise your irrational fears were just that and that you were wrong after 10 pages of us trying to tell you that your argument was invalid? :)

you are very quiet today dead one, aren't you going to tell us again about the sickness, suffering and death that awaits anyone who keeps a dog?

or did you finally decide to watch the video you posted and realise your irrational fears were just that and that you were wrong after 10 pages of us trying to tell you that your argument was invalid? :)
    Careful now.

Careful now.
    down with that sort of thing? :D

it just bugs me that people online will argue relentlessly to the bitter end about anything and everything they have an opinion of because they feel they have that protective armour of (a certain amount of) anonymity online to hide behind because they don't actually have to debate an issue face to face with those they disagree with, but then they just feck off and stop posting when they finally realise they were wrong rather than having the balls to actually admit it and apologise.

ah well, c'est la vie i guess. he's far from the first and nowhere near the last. :)

down with that sort of thing? :D

it just bugs me that people online will argue relentlessly to the bitter end about anything and everything they have an opinion of because they feel they have that protective armour of (a certain amount of) anonymity online to hide behind because they don't actually have to debate an issue face to face with those they disagree with, but then they just feck off and stop posting when they finally realise they were wrong rather than having the balls to actually admit it and apologise.

ah well, c'est la vie i guess. he's far from the first and nowhere near the last. :)
    Exactly :P And well put! I really don't see why dead one couldn't reply to us or explain the last video he gave us that completely contradicted his own argument :confused:

so, in closing, dogs are permitted in islamic residences as long as you have a legitimate use for one (i.e. protection, but that would be anyone really), it doesn't sleep in your bed and you don't treat it like paris hilton would and mollycoddle it.

the only special precautions you need to take (assuming you are a muslim) is IF you feed a dog from a bowl you would use yourself at a later time it needs to be properly cleaned (or cleansed) in a specifically islamic way, washed 7 times, once with clean earth etc. and you are okay if a dog licks your hand or touches your clothes.

so, given the above, corkfeen an the rest of us dog keeping heathens have nothing to worry about from keeping dogs and despite what some people would have us believe, sickness and death do not actually await us. phew, that was close! :)

so, given the above, corkfeen an the rest of us dog keeping heathens have nothing to worry about from keeping dogs and despite what some people would have us believe, sickness and death do not actually await us. phew, that was close! :)

Well only until another expert or scholar pronounces that dogs are the devil incarnate. Given the nature of every religion one can usually find an expert who will support your view.

Discodog wrote: »
    Well only until another expert or scholar pronounces that dogs are the devil incarnate. Given the nature of every religion one can usually find an expert who will support your view.
    i see what you did there. you said 'expert', but i think you mean that other thing. :)

so discodog, that means we can pet you and you can come in the house finally for disco's and stuff. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

For some it just depend on interpretation and experience, my husband grew up a Muslim in a Muslim country, we were watching a documentary on wild dogs on eden tonight and he was reminiscing with me, about all the pet dogs they had at home over the years :)

Advertisement