Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reads Print and Design, Nassau Street

Options
  • 24-12-2011 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever had any problems re: getting files printed off a USB in Reads?
    I got two PNGs printed off a USB on Tuesday and I'm just after checking the files-- ALL my folders have been shortcut to system32 with no way to restore them, as well as two nice juicy dodgey looking files that mysteriously appeared on the USB after visiting Reads. Not only that, but this is the SECOND time it has happened in the past month after going to Reads (had I known the first time it was a glitch from Reads, I certainly wouldn't have gone back this time!).
    To add to the annoyance I'm a college student so everything on that USB was important for use over Christmas and now I have no way to restore the files from the computers in college (the building is closed for Christmas).

I'm not too hip on file restoration so I have no idea if it was even possible to get everything back. Is this even worthy of a complaint e-mail? Not that they'd reply. Surely if it's happened someone else Reads would have built up a bad rep by now. Me so mad. :mad:

So back to the original question--
    Has anyone ever had any problems re: getting files printed off a USB in Reads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I've found them fantastic over the years tbh, but that doesn't mean there mightn't be a problem. They may well have a virus, in which case it would be prudent for them to be made aware of your problem. It's worth ringing them this morning to let them know.

Also, file restoration is possible. Go to www.download.com and look up a USB Recovery tool. A lot are just demo/pay-for versions, but 1 or 2 are completely free - I've had to restore the odd usb/flash disk in the past, and I've done it successfully. Just try not to delete or add anything to your usb until you've done it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you need to recover files of the USB try this -= http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Its free and over the years I've managed to recover well over 4TB of data from various memory cards, USB sticks and hard drives.

Advertisement