Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any taxis tonight???

Options
  • 24-12-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Lads as the title says will there be any taxis going tonight?? I have to go to a family get to together and as much as I don't want to go I'd be the worst in the world if I didn't go. But its not going to be over early like so I'm wondering does anyone know if there will be any taxis working tonight and what's the latest they'll be going till??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ring and asked rapid cabs 858585 i,m sure there prob sumone workin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You'll find it hard to get a taxi after 11pm, most of them finish early on christmas eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

there will be plenty of taxis on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

What's the story with Christmas Day. Any taxis going

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Thanks all, after booking one now but weather it will show up now or not is another thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

There will be taxi on Christmas day like every year you might be waiting a while for one not many will be running be sure to tip :P

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I got a flier from these guys through the door, says they are working all over christmas

http://www.eagle-cabs.ie/

I got a flier from these guys through the door, says they are working all over christmas

http://www.eagle-cabs.ie/

Is this a new crowd after starting up? Anyone tried them yet? I'll give them a ring in a while and see how they are fixed for tonight.

they usually charge double on christmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

they usually charge double on christmas day

+1 be sure to get an estimate before hoppin in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I've gotten taxi's with Rapid Cabs on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day before. There'll always be a few taxi's on. By the way they can only charge the Premium Rate Tarriff C price (see below). It's more expensive than the usual tarriff, but it's definitely not double. Obviously it'd be nice to give them a tip too though :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/72780559.png/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Good to hear there will be some about. Generous tip more than deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

I just got a taxi home with Waterford Hackney there open 24/7

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I've gotten taxi's with Rapid Cabs on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day before. There'll always be a few taxi's on. By the way they can only charge the Premium Rate Tarriff C price (see below). It's more expensive than the usual tarriff, but it's definitely not double. Obviously it'd be nice to give them a tip too though :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/72780559.png/

they use to always charge double before the meters came in,
    anyone who works christmas day deserves double, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

i would rather walk than give them double ... they rip us off all year round why reward them today!

Just an update lads......the person I had booked earlier in the the day for one o clock last night arrived about ten past one last night. He rang me to let me know he was on the way so I was ready. €12 the fair came to on the meter....I was shocked because I really thought it would have a been alot more, so I gave him €20 and told him to keep the change. Got his card aswell so will definitely use him in again in the future!!

Happy Christmas all.....:D

Advertisement