Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring of Kerry 2012

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

i didnt realise Green edge entered a team, were they feckers blasting past everyone?
    (folder 334, foto 71) cant paste the foto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

i didnt realise Green edge entered a team, were they feckers blasting past everyone?
    (folder 334, foto 71) cant paste the foto

Was chatting to one of them coming out of Kenmare, Monaghan folk IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Few photos up on the killarney camera clubs facebook page.

are there? i must be looking inthe wrong place

link please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Hi Stevieob, try this link:- https://www.facebook.com/yvette.jegouzo/photos
    She has a few hundred photos of Killorglin and Killarney.

lescol wrote: »
    Hi Stevieob, try this link:- https://www.facebook.com/yvette.jegouzo/photos
    She has a few hundred photos of Killorglin and Killarney.

cheers lescol
    I had been looking here
    http://www.facebook.com/killarneycameraclub?ref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Cheers for the links to the photos.

It's so disheartening to trawl through them all and still not find a picture of myself :(

Pretty sure I didn't dream doing the cycle! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Killarney Camera Club loaded their photos of the cycle on their site!!

Have fun finding yourself.

And of course.... please give the Killarney Camera Club credit in any forwards / tweets/ saves etc. Hats off to them for all their efforts!

http://www.killarneycameraclub.ie/rok.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Cheers. Got 3 of myself and my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Glad to say I made it into 2 at the finishing line. It is the only photo evidence I have, was wondering for a while if I had dreamt it all!!:)
    Only downside is that in one of them, my big fat head is blocking half the buddys head, worse still in the next one my giant noggin completely eclipses him. D'oh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Many thanks to Killarney Camera Club, that was some amount of Photos to put up, including 3 of moi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Many thanks to Killarney Camera Club, that was some amount of Photos to put up, including 3 of moi!

There was 3 of me too. I must be one hell of a sexy guy I guess! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Donal... here I am again but this time one of the lads at work got working on it with Photoshop!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

No sign of me and my buddy :( but fair play all the same, staggering collection of photos.

siblers wrote: »
    No sign of me and my buddy :( but fair play all the same, staggering collection of photos.

They have arranged the photos by photographer and then time - if you didn't see yourself in the first set of photos, look along the pages for more photos from other photographers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭meercat

Dónal wrote: »
    They have arranged the photos by photographer and then time - if you didn't see yourself in the first set of photos, look along the pages for more photos from other photographers.

yeah
    didnt see myself at first but looked through others and came across one
    once i found the time i finished,i searched again and found 4 more;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

If you use Strava/Connect it's also pretty easy to work out when you crossed the finishing line without having to sort through so many photos.

You could also just wear ridiculously bright kit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

On Moll's Gap, there was a guy/girl on the back of a motorbike who was taking photos (was probably around 2pm)

Does anybody know who they were?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Anyone not fit into thier jersey anymore and want to sell it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I just read that 2,000 people have still not returned their sponsorship money for the 2012 ROK cycle. If you have forgotten to return your sponsorship card and money can can post them to "Ring of Kerry Cycle, PO Box 115, Post Office, Killarney, Co. Kerry".

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

BailMeOut wrote: »
    I just read that 2,000 people have still not returned their sponsorship money for the 2012 ROK cycle. If you have forgotten to return your sponsorship card and money can can post them to "Ring of Kerry Cycle, PO Box 115, Post Office, Killarney, Co. Kerry".

Thanks!

That's a lot of people, where did you read that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

De Bhál wrote: »
    That's a lot of people, where did you read that?

They have a post on their Facebook page looking for suggestions on best way to get these 2000 folks to send in their sponsorship cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

BailMeOut wrote: »
    They have a post on their Facebook page looking for suggestions on best way to get these 2000 folks to send in their sponsorship cards.

I instantly know 4 of those 2000 who haven't sent back the sponsorship cards. But just because people didn't send back sponsorship cards doesn't mean they didn't make contributions/hand in the money.

I know from my perspective, and the three people that registered with me on the night before the event, that we all registered, got our packs, made our donations there and then, got receipts for those amounts, without having the actual sponsorship cards to hand.

How many others are in that position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

I paid in the funds I raised through the mycharity website but still got a chaser email because I hadn't returned a sponsorship card. It would seem more efficient to cross reference the particpant numbers with receipts and ignore sponsorship cards.

• Advertisement

I paid in the funds I raised through the mycharity website but still got a chaser email because I hadn't returned a sponsorship card. It would seem more efficient to cross reference the particpant numbers with receipts and ignore sponsorship cards.
    I gave €50 at sign in, but got no receipt. Im one of the 2000, and am getting "pay up" emails, despite my protestations

I gave €50 at sign in, but got no receipt. Im one of the 2000, and am getting "pay up" emails, despite my protestations

I sent it in the weeks following myself, and I'm also getting the e-mails. But I don't really mind getting them, I just hope they got my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Dónal wrote: »

I sent it in the weeks following myself, and I'm also getting the e-mails. But I don't really mind getting them, I just hope they got my money!

Same here. Paid my €50 at registration but getting the threatening "Pay up" e-mails. Going to just ignore them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Similar story here - gave my card and cash into the the charity I rode the event for ages ago only to get an email earlier this month. Replied to the ROK committee by return letting them know and still got another email in the last few days.

Shouldn't have got either but cant say the ROK are reading the emails they're getting to act on them, they're definitely not acknowledging them. I would hope (and expect) that all pledged monies would get to the charities, and I would have no time for those that free load on the event, but another email about funds that the charity already has from me will be unlikely to go down well.

while normally there is some satisfaction to be derived from knowing the Kerry man thinks he has been had by the Cork man, I hope I'm not on a black list in Kerry of "people that stiff charities". The few bob better have gone to where it was intended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Heard a guy on Kerry Radio this morning - part of the ROK organising setup, claiming there was 2000 sponsorship cards to be still returned and they are expecting at least another €100K from this for the charities.
    He complained about all the "freeloaders who showed up and used the facilities without paying anything" and also had a moan about people doing the cycle for charities outside the county. He specifically mentioned cyclists from Waterford and Kilkenny coming down and using the ROK facilities to raise funds for charities in those counties and nothing was going to the local Kerry charities - something would have to be done about it ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

"freeloaders who showed up and used the facilities without paying anything"

What the committee should do is set up a inspection lane outside the school in Caherciveen and Kenmare and inspect all participants as they enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Lap the Lough had a good system. Coloured wrist bands made out of some sort of waxy paper that had adhesive tabs on the end. Very easy to put on unlike some methods of identifying riders I've seen at events. This would make it very easy to see who had signed up and who hadn't when handing out food.

I paid my money in via MyCharity.ie and also emailed them to tell them this was what I did and I still get the emails asking for payment.

Personally I'd have like to see them raise money for some national charities but apparently the local charities were required to support the event to get their money (eg: I heard each charity had to make 4k sandwiches!) and probably this sort of arrangement wouldn't work with non-local organisations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

HivemindXX wrote: »
    Lap the Lough had a good system. Coloured wrist bands....................

Yes, that's exactly what cycling need right now......... more coloured wrist bands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

I sent in my sponsorship card with cheque about a week after the event and I too got a chaser emails. The cheque was debited from my account and I told them that but I still get chaser emails. I suspect there are many of the 2000 people that have donated money but the admin seems to be overloaded with the numbers of people doing the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Just an update. Got a nice email today in reply to my "I paid ages ago and here's my receipt" mail saying thanks and that it would be passed on. Presumably I'm off the naughty boy list now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

HivemindXX wrote: »
    Just an update. Got a nice email today in reply to my "I paid ages ago and here's my receipt" mail saying thanks and that it would be passed on. Presumably I'm off the naughty boy list now.

I would hope so! I'd say they were just overwhelmed by the numbers who took part in 2012 and may need a better system for 2013 considering they're expecting more or less the same number of participants.

Keep up the good work to those who are tracking down the actual sponsorships that are due in, you'll get there I'm sure :)

I don't understand why they took down the mycharity page so quick. i had plenty of people who sponsored me, but no cash paid accross till i finished the event, so was bloody awkward to get them the money. i could have done a payment on the mycharity if they had left it running!
    i had to email them to find out what to do and it took weeks for a reply eventually with bank account details. i just hope they were the right bank details and not someones personal ones!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thought I'd update participants:
    10th November @ 12pm – This year’s Radio Kerry/Ring of Kerry cycle has raised more than €842,000 for charity. The amount was announced at the presentation dinner in Killarney last night. Recipient charities include Cystic Fibrosis, Enable Ireland, cancer support, the South-West Counselling Centre, St. Francis Special School, Rathmore Social Action Group and St. Joseph’s Home. Over 8,000 riders took part in the 180km cycle in July. The charity event began 29 years ago and Radio Kerry began sponsoring it in 2008. At last night’s event, general manager of the station Fiona Stack paid tribute to the cyclists and those who sponsored them. The 2013 Radio Kerry/Ring of Kerry cycle will take place on 6 July.from radiokerry.ie

Well done again to all who participated :) I'll be joining you all in 2013!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jonj123

That's the one..Did it again this year on nelly..Found it easy enough except for molls gap. Great Buzz...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement