Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband clonmel

• 24-12-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Does anyone have UPC broadband in clonmel? Whats it like for speeds? Can you play online gaming on it?

Reasoning is my mother has eircom and recently got charged for going over her measly 10gig cap. She has upped from 40 a month to 60 a month for a higher cap and the download is still crap at 1 or 2 meg but it works for my brothers who play Xbox online the whole time

I'm raging that this has happened as I have UPC tv and internet in Kildare for the same price and it's a bit of a disgrace having a 10gig a month cap

I've suggested UPC here but she says she has heard the service is crap here...

Anyone got it??? Opinions???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

Their TV is crap, their broadband and phone are excellent.
    If you have trouble with them, their support is terrible, but I've not been on the phone to them very often in the past 2 years.

The speed is great, I have 100mbit and haven't had any trouble gaming.
    The ping is sometimes I bit higher than I think it should be, but it's still a lot lower than most others playing.

I had a few problems the last couple months, but that was because I live down the Quay so I guess the cable was smacked around a bit with all the roadworks going on around me.
    The internet went down twice in 2 weeks, but when I called them they were already working on it and had one of those automated messages. The problem was fixed in 2 or 3 hours from when it went out both times.

Advertisement