Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open on Christmas Day

Options
  • 24-12-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of any shops around the city that might be open over Christmas Day..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

The only shops that will be open will be some small convenience stores and some petrol stations. Why do you want to go shopping on Christmas Day anyway? Anyway, if you are really desperate to shop, quite a few will open their doors on St.Stehphen's Day for their sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What would you be looking for?

Last year Londis (think it's a Londis) at the junction of Cork St and Marrowbone Lane was open, not sure for how long but remember seeing a sign up.

K&A Store at Teresas Gardens Flats usually opens for a bit after mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

thats what i meant yeah, small shops, in case i run out of ciggies or somethin.. not looking to go shopping shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

buy an extra packet of fags today then.

And milk, just in case.

And don't forget AA and AAA and Square Batteries while you're at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Toilet paper.
    Never a problem to have too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Des wrote: »
    buy an extra packet of fags today then.

And milk, just in case.

And don't forget AA and AAA and Square Batteries while you're at it.
    Damn I forgot the square battery, never mind, the local petrol station is open tomorrow, manned by someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas I'd wager. Three cheers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Londis on Dame Street made a point of advertising last year that it would be open on Christmas. I imagine it's the same again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

spurious wrote: »
    Toilet paper.
    Never a problem to have too much.

You could always use wrapping paper in an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Apparently the Centra on North King St. by DIT which is usually open 24 hours will be open all day Christmas day and night, or so I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

surely if you think you might need cigarettes on christmas day it would be beter just to buy 60 - 100 on christmas eve so you know youll be alright??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

CyberJuice wrote: »
    surely if you think you might need cigarettes on christmas day it would be beter just to buy 60 - 100 on christmas eve so you know youll be alright??

No better way to spend xmas.....smoking your way through 100 fags... take me to heaven.

Advertisement