Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head to Head seasons: What team do you use?

Options
  • 24-12-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

I try to avoid using the 5 star teams. I mostly use wigan athletic or stoke city. What do you use

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Kuban Krasnodar or Udinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Ivory coast when Im in attacking mood, or Stoke when defensive. Used Real for a while but its too repetitive. They've got me to the league title and premium cup in H2H quite easily to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Celtic

9-1-4 so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Palmero - 4 star team, but some great players!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

PSG. Great team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sporting Gijon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Generally Sao Paulo, Twente but have experimented with a few others inc Pompey and Galatasaray. However recently, Ive gone on a 5 game unbeaten run with Ireland beating the likes of Barca and Juventus:eek: but most importantly, getting me promoted to division 2:) The 4-4-2 formation when used with the right players works well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I've used PSG the most. Great team, as already stated above. Others I've used and do well with are Spartak Moscow, Roma and Ireland.

I beat a lad the other night with Ireland 7-1, he was Mexico. After going 3 up inside 30 minutes I was content to pretty much just play the game out, he was fairly hopeless in attack and defence. Anyway, I messed up a pass near my box, a scramble ensued and he toe poked it in and then proceeded to take the piss by doing the long ssshh celebration and watching all 3 replays of the goal. So I said f**k you then and ripped him apart. As Fowler mentioned, Ireland have the right players to make 4-4-2 work.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

FK Molde from Norway. They have some serious pace and strength up front, with Angan in particular able to deal with whatever five star teams inevitably get thrown your way. I won the Division 1 title using them so don't have a bad thing to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Equium wrote: »
    FK Molde from Norway. They have some serious pace and strength up front, with Angan in particular able to deal with whatever five star teams inevitably get thrown your way. I won the Division 1 title using them so don't have a bad thing to say!

Must give them a try. There 3* yeah?? Btw dont you play manual:confused: must give ya a few games sometime. PSN is Haunis87.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Santos; Neymar is a tricksters dream. Or else Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

Santos.

Neymar. Borges. Ganso. ♥

Going well with them so far. Just got promoted to Division 4 and have yet to lose. 30-6-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Newcastle, and Man United for those times were I can't buy a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I wish they had some system where, if you pick an international team, you cant play against a club team.

Ireland VS Sunderland is just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Must give them a try. There 3* yeah?? Btw dont you play manual:confused: must give ya a few games sometime. PSN is Haunis87.

Yeah, couldn't go back after making the switch with last version. I'll add you up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

napoli mainly for cavani and lavezzi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Juve.

Napoli seem to be the most overused team in the 4 1/2 star category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Started using Zenit over the last few days and I've found them to be really good. Kerzhakov is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I'm a huge fan of playing with Spurs in a 4-1-2-1 with Bale up front partnering Ade, VDV through the middle and Lennon and Modric on the wings. Serious pace IMO, Bale will just skin anybody. Ledley King is also a beast in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Boulders

Only just started playing Fifa 12 a couple of days ago but been using Napol (carrying on from Fifa 11). Trio of Cavani, Levezzi and Hamsik is devastating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

Boulders wrote: »
    Only just started playing Fifa 12 a couple of days ago but been using Napol (carrying on from Fifa 11). Trio of Cavani, Levezzi and Hamsik is devastating.

Love 'em!

Not a fan of playing three at back though as you can be exposed easily playing against decent opposition. I'll probably try using a 4-3-3 with them from now on. Or possibly a 4-1-2-1-2 with Hamsik sitting in behind Lavezzi and Cavani.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Boulders

ConorBF1 wrote: »
    Boulders wrote: »

Love 'em!

Not a fan of playing three at back though as you can be exposed easily playing against decent opposition. I'll probably try using a 4-3-3 with them from now on. Or possibly a 4-1-2-1-2 with Hamsik sitting in behind Lavezzi and Cavani.

I usually just leave it as 3 at the back but bring Zuniga in for Dossena as he's got more pace. Compared to Fifa 11 i've found Hamsik to be more prolific goalscoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hoffenheim! Absolutely lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

i used to use barca all the time. got bored with them so switched to brazil. im using lazio and santos now tho. division 3 now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I love Athletico Madrid for their attacking trio of Falcao, Turan and Reyes, not to mention Diego pulling the strings behind them.

I'm also quite potent with Nilmar and Rossi when I pick Villareal.

I generally shy away from picking 5 star teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I use City. Tevez and Aguero up front are tricky for any team to deal with. Good attacking mids too in the likes of Nasri and Silva, plus defensive mids like De Jong and Yaya Toure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

liverpool... bring skrtyl in or yall get raped for pace... i don't know if its just the formation but when i changed to them got promoted to div 2 in 3 straight seasons.... was villareal b4 that till the first update annoyed me

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Bayern Munich. Unreal attack Robben, Ribery, Muller, Gomez. Not to mention Bastian pulling the strings. Two decent wingbacks in Lahm and Rafinha and two decent centre halves in Boateng and Badstuber, and the beast that is Manuel Neuer in goal. Such a good team to use, always seem to beat "those people" who use Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Wolves, Villa, QPR and LA Galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Another Napoli man here always swithc to 433 too with Inler in the middle always making late runs outside the box hes got a thunderous shot too :) , still struggling in Div 6 though

Advertisement