Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head to Head seasons: What team do you use?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Milan and Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

what is the highest Division ye have got?

I noticed a difference once you got to Div 7. Just on Div 6 at moment, will be doing well to stay in it half way through and only 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

what is the highest Division ye have got?

I noticed a difference once you got to Div 7. Just on Div 6 at moment, will be doing well to stay in it half way through and only 5 points.

Wait til ya get to Division 1 and hit a bad streak... Lost all my games in the top division, immediately relegated to division 2. Win two games in division 2, relegated back down to division 3 where Ive just slumped to other defeat..

I reckon Im on a downward spiral through the leagues now which is a complete opposite considering I didnt get relegated right up to Division 1! Ya do some mad things when yer losing games are else everybody has just got better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I've managed to get myself into division 3 with no relegations.....yet (hope I haven't jinxed myself with that). Still sticking with Spartak mainly, though I have experimented with other teams with mixed results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Crackle wrote: »
    I've managed to get myself into division 3 with no relegations.....yet (hope I haven't jinxed myself with that). Still sticking with Spartak mainly, though I have experimented with other teams with mixed results.

Spartak? Nice, anyone else have any other hidden gems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Spartak? Nice, anyone else have any other hidden gems?

Hoffenheim ;)

Jesus ye must be good if yer playing that high.

Fair play. I can only dream. Just stayed up in Div 6 I think Div 5 will be as far as I go.(if im lucky)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Newcastle usually now . Like Ivory Coast as well

Any got any teams they just cannot beat ? I can never beat Milan like ever

Ya me too for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Until recently it was Porto. Every bloody time I played against them I lost. Broke that duck yesterday though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hate coming up against Chelsea was 2-0 down against a fella the other night, Came back to 2-2 with Arsenal scored a free kick with Arteta but then the 2nd half came i hit everything but the net even missed a penalty and same in extra time and the bugger scored in the last minute to more or less end it there nd then was gutted !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I like to play with Fk Molde from time to time. Very underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

I love playing with Atletico Madrid, they have some pace, and a decent defence as well. Have tried playing with Palermo and United as well, although I don't like playing with the 5* teams

Why do people not like playing with 5 * teams?

Just curious.

At minute playing with Milan and getting bit better.

Why do people not like playing with 5 * teams?

Just curious.

At minute playing with Milan and getting bit better.

I always feel ya can improve online especially when using manual controls by playing with lower star teams. Generally I find games more balanced and enjoyable too.. However offline its doesnt make a difference as the ai is near nigh impossible to beat consistently anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Bayern munich, robben and ribery on the wings and gomez up front great for flick ons from kick outs

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Bayern munich, robben and ribery on the wings and gomez up front great for flick ons from kick outs

Started playing them since yesterday and I can honestly say I won't look back. Only lost 2 from 16 with them. Before that I was losing maybe 40% of my games(normally play well just not scoring)

They have world class wingers, but also the two boys in middle are great to win balls back and set up attack. Also with Neuer in Goals is big help, played Milan and while with them I improved somewhat, with Abbiati in goals you just never feel safe with him.

They really suit my style. Onto Division 5 now and hopefully on way up..

Need one point from 2 games to make it to Division 3. Fingers crossed. 5-0-3 in division 4 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

i play with ireland every game
    dont like playing five star teams too much
    ive lost loads though, but am in div 6 and struggling a bit

not sure if i should try a different team, its not as easy when you dont know the players... like i always sub keane for long at around 60 mins and then if required ill bring on walters for doyle and mccarthy for andrews or something

not sure if there are better 4 star teams i should pick or if ireland are just not great?

i play with ireland every game
    dont like playing five star teams too much
    ive lost loads though, but am in div 6 and struggling a bit

not sure if i should try a different team, its not as easy when you dont know the players... like i always sub keane for long at around 60 mins and then if required ill bring on walters for doyle and mccarthy for andrews or something

not sure if there are better 4 star teams i should pick or if ireland are just not great?

I think Everton are the best of the 4 star teams myself.

I have to use Drenthe(73) on the wing(with Cahill up front) but he's lightening quick which is a necessity for a wide position(over Osman who's a CM) but overall they're solid.

• Advertisement

Need one point from 2 games to make it to Division 3. Fingers crossed. 5-0-3 in division 4 so far.

Got up to division 3 was delighted with myself, even won my first game on division 3 so things looking good yes?

Well lost the next 7 and back down to Division 4 and a pure reality check.:o:o

Only lost by single goal in most, but could not seem to score at all.

Back to basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I think Everton are the best of the 4 star teams myself.

I have to use Drenthe(73) on the wing(with Cahill up front) but he's lightening quick which is a necessity for a wide position(over Osman who's a CM) but overall they're solid.

Cameroon are the best 4 star team if im not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Using Liverpool 4.5 stars. Its either them or Napoli best 4.5 star. Think Liverpool are better defensively though and Carrol and Suarez are lethal together. Im in division 1 with them now.
    Looking forward to using QPR 4 star tam after the update. Cisse, Zamora, Wright Philips, Tarabt, tasty!

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Cameroon are the best 4 star team if im not mistaken

I checked them out and you have use a LOT of gammy players in fairness, granted you have Eto and Song, 6 of their better players were defenders I think, Everton are much more balanced in the high 70's.
    Using Liverpool 4.5 stars. Its either them or Napoli best 4.5 star. Think Liverpool are better defensively though and Carrol and Suarez are lethal together. Im in division 1 with them now.
    Looking forward to using QPR 4 star tam after the update. Cisse, Zamora, Wright Philips, Tarabt, tasty!

TBH I think Spurs are by far the best 4.5 team

Put in Gallas and Dawson, and leave Van Dar Vaart as a striker and you're only players who aren't 80+ are the wing backs but they have the most important attribute for the position.... Pace.

Pool aren't bad but their defence is a bit poor(and slow) and a second striker who isn't a snail(You need to play Gerrard RW too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I checked them out and you have use a LOT of gammy players in fairness, granted you have Eto and Song, 6 of their better players were defenders I think, Everton are much more balanced in the high 70's.

TBH I think Spurs are by far the best 4.5 team

Put in Gallas and Dawson, and leave Van Dar Vaart as a striker and you're only players who aren't 80+ are the wing backs but they have the most important attribute for the position.... Pace.

Pool aren't bad but their defence is a bit poor(and slow) and a second striker who isn't a snail(You need to play Gerrard RW too)
    I took a long break from fifa and only getting back into it.. When I last played it in November Spurs were 5 stars??:confused:

Ya I'm much the same, I only played it for a few weeks and started playing a bit again round xmas, and I nearly 100% they had being a 5 star team then.

The way their (team)stats look when they're set up would seem to me they're JUST below 5 star quality as they seem pretty equal to Arsenal and a few other 5 star's.

Defo the edge team in 4.5 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Napoli or AC Milan. In Division 2 at the minute. 9 promotions and one relegation is my history.

Keano! wrote: »
    Napoli or AC Milan. In Division 2 at the minute. 9 promotions and one relegation is my history.

That's good going.

Was it just me or is it when you get to level 3 it seems to really get tough?

Best for me is 14pts in D3 so far 4-2-4

Keano! wrote: »

That's good going.

Was it just me or is it when you get to level 3 it seems to really get tough?

Best for me is 14pts in D3 so far 4-2-4
    Depends how well your playing. I was on a great run thru the divisions and cantered thru division 2 to 1 unbeaten albeit playing against tougher opposition. Now i cant buy a win atm and sure to get relegated again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Napoli or City for me.
    I've only started Head to Head recently.
    2 Promitions and 1 relegation

Advertisement