Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head to Head seasons: What team do you use?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

That's good going.

Was it just me or is it when you get to level 3 it seems to really get tough?

Best for me is 14pts in D3 so far 4-2-4

Yep, 100% agree. Got relegated from it once, and then just about stayed in it on the last game of a season. Then had 5 games left with 6 points on the board. Won all 5 and got into Division 2. Haven't played a match in 2 yet so.... I'll probably get spanked! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Keano! wrote: »
    Yep, 100% agree. Got relegated from it once, and then just about stayed in it on the last game of a season. Then had 5 games left with 6 points on the board. Won all 5 and got into Division 2. Haven't played a match in 2 yet so.... I'll probably get spanked! :o

Fingers crossed for you:).

Been going between Divisions 3-4 now for while that 18 point barrier makes a difference.

Thing is you can get really tough opposition on D10 too as people may have just bought game, but are experts, but once you get to D5 and down the days off easy games are gone especially from D3 I noticed.
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    Depends how well your playing. I was on a great run thru the divisions and cantered thru division 2 to 1 unbeaten albeit playing against tougher opposition. Now i cant buy a win atm and sure to get relegated again

It's funny I sometimes struggle against players I am better then. Really have to find ways to kill off games. The amount of times I have been 1-0 up only for to concede stupid goal near the end.

If I am playing a guy who likes the through ball now I play Defense on quick tactics and does the trick big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Palermo most of the time, they're pretty decent for a 4* team and I don't enjoy playing with 5*.

Just got to division 2! Needed to win last 2 games of the season and did, two scraping 3-2 wins somehow! That's 8 consecutive promotions, don't think I'll make it to division 1 playing a 4-4-2 though...

I use Milan btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ecuador for me, serious team, Valencias pace simply rips teams apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Newcastle or Celtic so that I don't play against 5 star teams, but when you're up at 3 in the morning you will get the odd City or Barcelona unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

There are a few decent countries as well, but I'm a freak and can't play club vs country games so that's generally a no-go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Needed a point from last 2 games in Division 1 to win the league, lost 2 games with the last game to a 84th min goal when I dominated!:mad: Bottled it!:rolleyes:
    Havent touched the game in a week I was devastated honestly.:o

Won my first Cup this morning.

Happy Out:)

Needed a point from last 2 games in Division 1 to win the league, lost 2 games with the last game to a 84th min goal when I dominated!:mad: Bottled it!:rolleyes:
    Havent touched the game in a week I was devastated honestly.:o

I always bottle it at the end of the season....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Switzerland are a decent 4 star team!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Play with Santos Laguna. 2 of the fastest strikers in the game up top in Quintero and Suarez and then stick Estrada right wing who is also a little whippet.

Fantastic pace and good at the back with one man named Baloy, he's a beast.

They're only 3 star aswell so you'll be up against a lot of slow defences.

I keep getting relegated from division 2, but always get promoted straight away. I think the difference is that in division 3 I can grind out wins easily when not playing well, but in division 2 I get punished for everything. I can play well and still lose to a fluke goal...

I think it's because the teams I use tend to be fast but physically weak, so get bullied out of games now and then, and let in headers a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Anyone else use Swansea quite a bit? I find them a lot of fun with the pace of Dyer and Sinclair down both flanks.

I generally use Argentina or England if I fancy a game at 5*. Otherwise Schalke are usually my team although I'm using Atletico Madrid more and more. I throw in the odd game with Southend but it's hard to find a game at 1* level.

I used Spurs most of the time in FIFA11.

Think I'll try out some of the suggestions in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

5* France

The way they are set up suits me style of play perfectly. 4-2-3-1.
    Benzema up front with Nasri behind him and Ribery/Malouda on the flanks. Then M'Villa and Diaby in the holding role offers massive protection to the back 4.

4/4.5* Santos

I like to use the skill moves a lot so Neymar up front is just ideal for me.

I've found since I've started to play the Head to Head seasons my style of play has changed from a very direct one to a more possesion orientated style. Drawing players to the ball and then passing in behind them. I'm division 4 at the moment and going all gun ho enevitably means defeat.

I despise playing against Real its just incredibly frustrating. I can handle Barca but the physicallity in Real's side is tough to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Used Basle and CSKA Moscow lately if you're good at defending you're in for a treat as there both fantastic counter attacking teams with bags of speed up front :)

Atletico Madrid have been giving me some great results lately.

Just promoted to Division 2 with them.

Use Dortmund, CSKA and Ireland too.

Bayern, City, France and the odd time Real are my 5* teams.

I would say that about 50% of the 5* games I play are against Real Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

West Brom are another hidden gem, Long and Odemwingie upfront are brilliant and with gera and brunt on both flanks for 3.5 stars they are well worth a try

Just from playing the game the last week as had time off work here are teams I seem to play well with some of time anyway;)

There ratings might be little different since update but here goes

3 star
    LA Galaxy
    Santos Laguna; somebody mentioned them here before and they are a great side there RW in particular is beast.

3 1/2 star
    Celtic; not fan, but they are good Stokes is good have to say.
    Swansea; another team with pace Dyer is very fast and Vorm has improved in Goals

4 Star
    Spartak
    Ireland; are good side once you put in Coleman, McCarthy and Long up front and put on bit more pressure in Custom Tactics.
    Santos; Lovely side good passing and nice 1-2 with them

4 1/2
    Liverpool; play 4-1-2-1-2 with them and they are really good.
    Napoli; for the attacking options alone
    Benfica, not so much the speed, but all very good ball and creators.
    Ivory Coast; there front 3 are beasts.

5 star
    I like to play Bayern and play Milan in 4-2-3-1. Play Real if I really need a win.
    Like to play United as Fav team too.

Others I use from time to time are Shamrock Rovers, FC Seoul and CSKA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

They upped Newcastle to 4.5 stars wasnt happy with that yesterday

• Advertisement

They upped Newcastle to 4.5 stars wasnt happy with that yesterday

Ba should be better then his Rating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Started using Liverpool last week, won the League title and a Cup with them so far... :)

Anyone know a good formation and team for Chelsea? In online head to heads I just find them useless. In the default setup Mata and Drogba are painfully slow, the whole midfield's slow and doesn't seem as comfortable in possession as even some 4* teams. Often the only hope is Sturridge but he's also weak and not great at finishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Started using Hannover in the last few days. They have a very good strike force but defence is a bit dodgy. I've had a lot of high scoring games with them. Fun though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Went through division 3 with ease winning all my matches using CSKA and also 3 cups yesterday before the window closed, in division 2 now but can only get enough points to stay in the divison, really an awful lot harder than divison 3 or is it just all in my head?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

post update qpr are freakin sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Laika1986 wrote: »
    West Brom are another hidden gem, Long and Odemwingie upfront are brilliant and with gera and brunt on both flanks for 3.5 stars they are well worth a try

I used West Brom aswell, my most used team probably, but I set up a bit different. I play 4-2-2-2.

Long and Odemwingie are class, and too much for more 3.5* defences.
    I have Dorrans and Thomas on the wings, Dorrans has an unreal shot and Thomas has loads of pace.
    Brunt and Mulumbu in the CDM roles, Brunt has good long shots and great passing, Mulumbu is a beast defensively.
    I move Scharner into CB alongside McCauly, Olsson at LB and Reid at RB.
    Ben Foster is great in nets.

Such a solid team.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I used West Brom aswell, my most used team probably, but I set up a bit different. I play 4-2-2-2.

Long and Odemwingie are class, and too much for more 3.5* defences.

Must try WBA.

Long is good against 4* teams when I play Ireland so 3.5* should be even better.

Will give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Russian club Anzi are 3.5* now lads if any of you want easy wins, played 3 eith them and won them all with ease, eto'o really is a beast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Had my first ever game as Madrid last night. I felt dirty doing it but I'd lost three in a row and needed to win my last two to go up.

Bloody hell, they're too good. Won't be going back to them unless I need another cheap win.

Advertisement