Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the newborn thread for everyone to post in

Options
  • 24-12-2011 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

firstly i dont log on much but do read as many posts as i can.
    twins were 7 weeks old last wed. we've been trying to get in as much as possible ,purple making most of the runs. theres alot thats been happening alot of it good and some not so good more to do with conflicting information from staff in the hospital then theres appointments O.M.G. the amount of these are unreal and all in such short a space of time :eek:.
    but anyway onto the good news.
    jasus i've lost track of days and time already. where have they gone.
    wednesday we paid a visit to the twins and when we got there we were given some good news in that our little daughter was being discharged the following day ( last thurs). so we've brought her home and purple had her first night with our little angel. i couldn't spend the night due to work commitments. but i spent last night with her.
    when purple got pregnant everyone was telling us how our lives would change, sleepless nights you name it. we kinda said yeah how hard can it be. well i have to admit last night was a real eye opener for me. feeds every four hours, baby K crying in between looking for hugs. even when she was asleep i couldn't sleep. my mind was constantly on her making sure she was alright. every moan every cry was a god send and most of all reassurance for us that she was ok.
    i know it's going to be tough especially when our son comes home but from what we've seen and been through it'll be all worth it. the feeling we get when we hold her ,feed her ,change her etc is just indescribable. but i suppose the hardest part is not having him with us this christmas even though we both know he's getting the best of care. as i've been told numerous times boys will be boys, always lazy :D.
    in the mean time happy christmas baby J and to the rest of you.
    i just thought i'd share this with you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh, they split them up? Its great you have the little girl home, but being split between 2 places must be so hard. I cant imagine.

All I can say is, when people offer to do anything, take it. Even if its just making bottles or emptying the dishwasher. With one, we used to look like we one the lottery when she went to sleep for a few minutes. But like anything, you get your plan together, its fine.

This sounds horrible but my aunt had her daughter very early about 10 years ago and the only good thing she remarked on was, the baby came home trained from the hospital as she spent so much time in neo-natal, she had her routine down already!! This may be a help with 2 of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

that's such a heartwarming post double. Hope your little guy makes it home soon xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

wmpdd3 apparently twins very rarely go home together. we were offered some help but it didn't turn out the way we wanted.
    Hannibal baby J came home yesterday. i can tell you the fun really began last night.both are on four hourly feeds.my shift began at 11pm and didn't end till 01.30 am, between changing, feeding burping and bonding. purples shift started just after 3am and due to baby J being a slow feeder i was up again at 4am to give a dig out with baby K. we got to bed about 5am then purple up again at 7am for another round due to broken promises, help that was offered but never came :(
    i have to give purple her dues there was a day or so where i wasn't around and in that time she only managed to get just over 6 hours sleep.
    a little tip for all you new moms with baby boys. watch out for the wee fountain. for some strange reason they seem to turn this on as soon as the dirty/wet nappy comes off :eek::eek::eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Mad that isnt it? My daughter has never weed on me, but every boy I change I do the 2 second switch between nappys.

I still think its really sad that twins dont come at the same time, but it makes sence to get them home ASAP which ever one is ready.

I cant believe you were left down with offered help, whats wrong with people, I love visiting new babies and mums but I'd prefer to be give a job to be done rather than just sitting there drinking coffee.

Hearing of your night really brings back memories, you just can't do anything until you recoup the sleep, BUT you have to keep going so the day just disappears out form under you.

Best of luck any and try keep us updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Baby boys are always prone to peeing when the nappy comes off because the air stimulates them to pee, have the fresh nappy ready and just lay it over their bits while you're cleaning up/disposing of dirty nappy and they won't pee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Baby girls can projectile pee too, just to let you know ;)

Glad to hear both twins are home doubletrouble? and you and purple are doing well... the sleep will get better... don't worry about the house at the moment, when babies are sleeping she should be sleeping too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

wmpdd3 apparently twins very rarely go home together. we were offered some help but it didn't turn out the way we wanted.
    Hannibal baby J came home yesterday. i can tell you the fun really began last night.both are on four hourly feeds.my shift began at 11pm and didn't end till 01.30 am, between changing, feeding burping and bonding. purples shift started just after 3am and due to baby J being a slow feeder i was up again at 4am to give a dig out with baby K. we got to bed about 5am then purple up again at 7am for another round due to broken promises, help that was offered but never came :(
    i have to give purple her dues there was a day or so where i wasn't around and in that time she only managed to get just over 6 hours sleep.
    a little tip for all you new moms with baby boys. watch out for the wee fountain. for some strange reason they seem to turn this on as soon as the dirty/wet nappy comes off :eek::eek::eek:.

Oh my days! It's tough enough with one baby I don't know how you're managing with twins! You sound like a great team. My mum had myself and my brother who are twins, and my 3 year old brother to look after...I dont know HOW she did it! :eek:

The only thing you can do is keep your head down and crack on, you do reach a kind of exhaustion wall and once you push through that you're able to motor on.

I'm laughig about the fountain...they can sure fire can't they? (I didn't know girls did it too January :D ) The funniest is when you put the talc on and they erm...bottom burp...and you get a little cloud of powder :D

Advertisement