Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop won't turn on after my battery died

• 24-12-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

Hey knowledgeable men and women and others.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L40 17R laptop which was working perfectly, with a great battery and was running as good as new with no problems until today when I was working away from power and the battery died. However when I tried plugging it in to boot it up again nothing happens. The green power light comes on and the orange low battery light comes on but the screen remains black with nothing on it.

I have tried to boot it again without the battery and the same things happen. The laptop is a couple of years old but prior to it the battery was lasting around 2-3 hours and the machine was working great.

If anyone has ANY details on it, can you please let me know as I will need to skype some of my family tomorrow on Christmas Day.

Questions and most importantly answers are welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Are the fans spinning up when you press the power button?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

There is like just a little start up noise when it's turned on first then nothing. I can't hear the fans anyhow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Hold down the power button for 10 to 15 seconds (this is in case the pc is locked in hibernation)then try to boot.(have ac power supply plugged in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I just tried this now, the battery light is back to charging but the hard drive light doesn't come on.

Any chance you can get hold of a linux live cd and boot the pc from the cd drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement