Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod Touch

• 24-12-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all
    I am hoping for some advice
    I got a present of a 32GB Ipod Touch. I have not owned any ipod or iphone before. My question is this - I have a HTC desire s phone; pretty much the same as an iphone as far as I can see. Is there any benefit to having an ipod touch and this htc phone? In other words - I needed something to store and play music on, so would I be better off returning the ipod touch and just getting a "Normal" ipod?
    Or am I missing other benefits of ipod touch?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

miss.piggy wrote: »
    Hi all
    I am hoping for some advice
    I got a present of a 32GB Ipod Touch. I have not owned any ipod or iphone before. My question is this - I have a HTC desire s phone; pretty much the same as an iphone as far as I can see. Is there any benefit to having an ipod touch and this htc phone? In other words - I needed something to store and play music on, so would I be better off returning the ipod touch and just getting a "Normal" ipod?
    Or am I missing other benefits of ipod touch?
    Thanks!

Sell it; you have a more than capable phone / music player in the HTC*. No point in lugging 2 devices around when 1 serves the purpose.

*What am I saying! sell them both and get the Iphone 4S :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I agree with dodzy.
    I have a HTC Desire, using winamp its all ill ever need for music.
    My son got an ipod touch from santa, its a bloody nightmare not being able delete songs,albums he doesnt want, the silly thing just syncs and takes everything from my PC.
    Its an 8Gb ipod and full already thanks to apples idiotic method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Dcully wrote: »
    I agree with dodzy.
    My son got an ipod touch from santa, its a bloody nightmare not being able delete songs,albums he doesnt want, the silly thing just syncs and takes everything from my PC.

You can switch the sync off on iTunes. I prefer the iTouch for music and I own a s2.

Is winamp worth it vs the stock player? I hate the stock player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

I agree with dodzy.

Why not just sync with the music you want in iTunes ..rather than just winge with something you obviously no little about learn how to use it .. It's actually quite simple ... I have a 5 year old nephew who can pick and choose what he wants from my music library to put on his daddy's iPod

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

whippet wrote: »
    Why not just sync with the music you want in iTunes ..rather than just winge with something you obviously no little about learn how to use it .. It's actually quite simple ... I have a 5 year old nephew who can pick and choose what he wants from my music library to put on his daddy's iPod

Steady on mr grumpy!
    Why not learn to spell tbh :)

I know full well how it works [well i do now :P ], i still say its idiotic that the user cannot delete songs from the device.
    Back to the OP ,winamp on your HTC is as good whats on offer with the ipod,if you had an iphone id say keep it maybe and use the cloud service but personally id sell unless you wanted to move from HTC/Andriod to iOS.

@ LeKing, yeah i say go for it, I got it from getjar , not sure if its free on market?
    I agree about the stock HTC player, dont like it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

whippet wrote: »
    I have a 5 year old nephew who can pick and choose what he wants from my music library to put on his daddy's iPod

Scenario.... Santa drops daughter new itouch. Daughter wants music on itouch. Dad doesnt want any music on laptop. What does the 5yr old nephew do now ?

Dont oversimplify the itunes stuff. Granted, if you follow Apples rules, its easy. But it could be a lot easier. Just look at the amount of third party apps which have addressed data movement without itunes. Drag n' Drop FTW !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Having similar issues with Daughters new ipod touch. It either wont take songs from my iTunes library on PC or if it does it only takes a few seconds of the song. Totally fecking stupid!!!!

Is there a decent alternative to iTunes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I agree with dodzy.

Easy (not that easy, but for Apple it is!) way to fix that is to make a playlist in iTunes with all the songs that you want to put on the iPod, then when syncing go to the iPod pane and over to music, and just sync that playlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i still say its idiotic that the user cannot delete songs from the device.

any iOS 5.0 and upwards device can delete songs/tracks right off the device, no need to untick and re-sync with iTunes.

Advertisement