Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the big day - Registering a Kindle

• 24-12-2011 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

As it says, our daughter will receive one of the above Kindles for the big day.

I want to register the Kindle to the UK and need to know what the latest info is with doing this as previous threads seem to contain conflicting information.

our daughter does not have a credit card so it will be mine!

I have an amazon account but my daughter does not (AFAIK!). I can use a UK address to register the Kindle.

Kindle was bought at Dublin Airport

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

It's a while since I registered - you will need to connect it to your wifi - so if you are in Ireland, it will automatically connect to amazon.com when you go into the settings to register.

That's ok though - it's easy enough to transfer to the .co.uk site afterwards, by going into manage your kindle, and changing country settings. I think you have to have wifi turned off to do that, as otherwise it will recognise that you're not in the UK.

The kindle takes a long to charge up - so plug it in these evening.

Great present

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

If bought in the airport it'll be registered to the .com site. So either set your account up on the .co.uk or .com site, it doesn't matter. Once you input your details to the unit (email address and password) you're sorted then and will be able to shop from the .com store!

Advertisement